Brandon Marshall coo coo for coco coco puffs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall coo coo for coco coco puffs?

Thanks Locke for trying... to be intelligent and informative.. best we can do sometimes.

I have bipolar disorder and I always take responsibility for my actions, but that doesn't mean they aren't seriously influenced or affected by the disease. As you know, jack-***** like some of these posters aren't going away but at least you shined a little light. I have a blog for anyone interested in seeing mental illness anew or if they have a family or friend that might need a friend or someone to talk to... http://bretawarshawsky.com/

dont get me wrong I feel there are plenty of people with legitimate disorders but I from very personal expereince know that people get so called diagnosed for everything under the sun. there are good and bad in the profession but especially from my dealings in the military there is a combo of bad diagnosis because not all patients are totally forthcoming and people claiming to have things they dont. The bad thing is the doctors basically can only be there at times to prescribe meds instead of being able to deal with the issue.

@dlockz

My last post had a bit of fight-fire-with-fire humor.. hope you didn't take it personal. I'm really glad to see your last post and you are %100 correct about the deficiencies and problems, hopefully someone like me can play my part in changing things for the better with my experience and passion for it.

Who isn't a little effed up in the head now days. He will get on meds and be fine. This is no biggie.

@dlockz

My last post had a bit of fight-fire-with-fire humor.. hope you didn't take it personal. I'm really glad to see your last post and you are %100 correct about the deficiencies and problems, hopefully someone like me can play my part in changing things for the better with my experience and passion for it.

I dealt with some bad expriences from seeing some friends die in iraq while I was there and the only solution they seemed to have was medication. I never took it because I dont believe I needed to chemically balance my self, this is not to say that meds are not needed in all cases but I think too many doctors use that as the cure all.

Some mental health disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder can be successfully treated with medication. However, I am not aware of any medication that works for borderline personality disorder. Whatever attention he is given from friends, family, clinical professionals, it will never be enough. He will always want more.

Some mental health disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder can be successfully treated with medication. However, I am not aware of any medication that works for borderline personality disorder. Whatever attention he is given from friends, family, clinical professionals, it will never be enough. He will always want more.

Yup, glad someone else around here is familiar with basic mental illness. If he is already seeing a psychologist, that's about all he can do. His teammates and coaches can be given information about what Borderline is and how to interact with him without triggering an outburst, but that's about it. He'll always have volatile relationships though...

I don't get it. What does this thread have to do with Coco Puffs? I love Coco puffs!!

One reason mental health issues are mocked ... is that the professionals can't agree on much except the extreme/obvious cases ... and it has become a cottage/growth industry & makes tons of jobs in their field. Reality is it manufactures a BIG FAT EXCUSE for folks who don't take responsibility for themselves or their actions and BLAME SOMEONE ELSE. BTW, this is an American phenomenon & is a miniscule issue in the rest of the world.

A couple glaring Examples ...
In the 60s everyone was diagnosed with depression & given sleeping pills ... tons became addicted & now you can't hardly get them legally, even if you are sick.
Today every kid & his cousin is diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) & given Ridilin & related drugs, then let them slide on education & responsibility ... its an epidemic. (My slacker neighbor kid is normal, but his mom stormed around making those excuses & he became a lazy super-slacker ... landed him in prison as an adult, he wouldn't work ... he IS GOOD at getting over on folks & the system = petty crime to felonies).

Meanwhile the "real" sick people are ignored by society. It is estimated that up to 80% of the homeless have true mental issues or addictions ... and the prison population also has a high % of the same. Cops arrest most mental cases for petty crimes & they're back on the street in a few days ... they're now getting warehoused in prison by the 3-strike laws.

Anywho, interesting topic, that is more subjective than objective & no one has an answer. Who knows about Marshall. Wonder if that diagnosis/excuse will work on Goodell.

Back
Top Bottom