Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant?

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ive always been a fan of building through the draft and not making 'high end' trades where you give up not just draft picks but also a big contract.

In hindsight then, instead of trading down to Chargers and receiving #28 Odrick & #40 Misi, would you have preferred to make the trade with the Eagles for picks #24 #70 #87 and keeping both 2nd round picks sent to Denver for Marshall?

This would have allowed us to pick up Bryant at #24, keep our 2nd round pick at #43 where Misi more than likely would still have been available and our 2nd 2011. We would have also had 2 additional picks in 3rd round.

Dont get me wrong I like Marshall but what would you choose now in hindsight?

How would they have known Bryant would be there at 24 when trading down from 12 ??

Hindsight is 20/20.

EVERY team in the NFL can go back to a draft and ask "what if" months and years later... it's really a waste of time.

This last draft was pretty crazy with a lot of movement and unpredictable things happening. It's impossible to know all the moves ahead of time.

CaptainHindsight-1.png

How would they have known Bryant would be there at 24 when trading down from 12 ??

Hindsight is 20/20.

EVERY team in the NFL can go back to a draft and ask "what if" months and years later... it's really a waste of time.

This last draft was pretty crazy with a lot of movement and unpredictable things happening. It's impossible to know all the moves ahead of time.

That why I stated in 'hindsight'.

That's why I said 'it's really a waste of time'

The way it worked out we basically screwed ourselves. As it is right now Bryant looks like he will be dominating in no time. The guy has great hands speed and stamina. Marshall has been ok so far with Miami but I havent seen anything that is all that impressive. I think we will be kicking ourselves for years for going with Marshall instead of Bryant.

Bryant would not even be a player with this coaching staff...and we would be complaining why we drafted him....

there was almost no chance bryant would have went to miami after ireland called his mom a whore anyway.

idk why some of you are getting so pissy about the question, but anyway... I'd take Bryant and just keep our pick even if we didn't trade down with anyone. I was big on Bryant coming out of college and he has done nothing in the NFL to change my mind on him. The kid is a baller, and consider this... he is a rookie WR who didn't even play his last season of college... so a guy that was out of football for over a year comes in as a rook and is having a good season.

I wanted both marshall AND bryant. sigh.... not like henning would've done squat with dez on the team either.

I wanted both marshall AND bryant. sigh.... not like henning would've done squat with dez on the team either.
You're right about that...if he can't do anything with Marshall,he sure as **** wouldn't have done anything with Dez...

Bryant has potential, while Marshall is already a proven elite star. I would still make the Marshall trade and I am glad he is here.

Absolutely no one saw Dez falling that far except for one mock draft that actually did have the Cowboys taking him.

Bryant excellent worker but here in Miami would had 4 receptions for 39 yards a game. Henning old *** would not know what to do with him.

Back
Top Bottom