Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant?

WR1 Brandon Marshall
WR2 Dez Bryant
WR3 Davone Bess/Brian Hartline

No Odrick/Misi/Dobbins/11. 2nd Rd (#45apprx)

I think Henne would prefer the WR options

WR1 Brandon Marshall
WR2 Dez Bryant

that puts hartline exactly where he should be...a #4 wr who also makes hay on specials...which coming out he was known for at ohio st...

and the argument people make about you don't want to invest that much money in the wr core for 2 guys is dead cause with the #12 pick you're not breaking the bank with the other guy any ways...and 5 years from now if/when you want to get out of b marshs contract dez becomes your instant top wr if not sooner and you can sign him to a long term deal making him your franchise wr...

and make no mistake about it dez bryant is a franchise wr...already...and once roy williams gets the hell out of the way everyone here who doesn't know it now or won't admit it is gonna find out...real quick

the cowboys know they struck gold...

WR1 Brandon Marshall
WR2 Dez Bryant

Agreed, but it still wouldn't matter this season with Henning.

If the cowboys struck gold he'd already be starting no matte what. if he was so dominate then it shouldn't matter who is in front of him he'll ge on the field.

that's what smart people do...they take the elite talent...especially when the guy manning the #2 wr is brian hartline and you (as in this front office last draft) have no intentions of getting a seam busting te to add to the mix

I agree it would have opened up marshall so much more to have Dez on the other side because hartline isnt going to take pressure off of anyone and Bryant would have helped us in the return game as well

epic fail on your part...

how is that an epic fail?

cover 2= one safety takes on side and the other safety takes the other.

he is getting a safety over the top that splits the field.... that isnt ROLLING the coverage over.

so basically dez is getting the same treatment as every other receiver except he has the luxury of having a top 7 NFL receiver take the best corner (miles austin) and turn that into one big explosion of a game and one game that was salvaged by a kick return.

is he an elite talent sure. does he get ALL the rolled coverage...? that my friend would be the epic fail

This Marshall trade is a prime example of why the Dolphins and Patriots have been going in different directions over the last decade. The Patriots would never give up so much for one player. Take Bryant, he may not be as good as Marshall but you'll still have 2 second round picks and some cap room to sign another solid player or two (Marshall: 4 years 47.5 and Bryant: 5 years 12.05). It's not about having Superstars or "Beasts" at any one position (aside from QB) but having a solid roster top to bottom with depth. It was extremely misguided of the front office to think we were one player away from being a playoff contender.

Who cares what Henne would think. With out Dobbins and Misi this year who would be out two LBs? With injuries to Channing and Edds we would have lost one more game at least with out Misi and Dobbins.

I agree Dez looks great, but his WR stats do not stand out from Bess or even Hartline at this point of his career. I would love having him returning punts and playing special teams, but Hartline, Marshall, and Bess have more yards, and all but Hartline(-1) has more receptions. I'll take Brandon, Misi, Oderick, and Dobbins over Dez every day of the week. You also have to remember Dez has Miles Austin and Roy Williams taking coverage off of him. Brandon is #1.

Ive always been a fan of building through the draft and not making 'high end' trades where you give up not just draft picks but also a big contract.

In hindsight then, instead of trading down to Chargers and receiving #28 Odrick & #40 Misi, would you have preferred to make the trade with the Eagles for picks #24 #70 #87 and keeping both 2nd round picks sent to Denver for Marshall?

This would have allowed us to pick up Bryant at #24, keep our 2nd round pick at #43 where Misi more than likely would still have been available and our 2nd 2011. We would have also had 2 additional picks in 3rd round.

Dont get me wrong I like Marshall but what would you choose now in hindsight?

When did the Eagles offer us all those picks? I think if they had offered us 3 picks for #12 we would have jumped all over that.

Ive always been a fan of building through the draft and not making 'high end' trades where you give up not just draft picks but also a big contract.

In hindsight then, instead of trading down to Chargers and receiving #28 Odrick & #40 Misi, would you have preferred to make the trade with the Eagles for picks #24 #70 #87 and keeping both 2nd round picks sent to Denver for Marshall?

This would have allowed us to pick up Bryant at #24, keep our 2nd round pick at #43 where Misi more than likely would still have been available and our 2nd 2011. We would have also had 2 additional picks in 3rd round.

Dont get me wrong I like Marshall but what would you choose now in hindsight?

I would have rather drafted Bryant but it was not a bad deal to trade for Marshall. In fact I would have rather took another player over Odrick. Odrick and his one tackle has not been very impressive

I remember before the Marshall trade everybody was calling him a top 3 WR. Now Bryant is better or will be better

:bobdole: :lol:

Uhhhh...not everyone. I got into quite an argument that Marshal was NOT a top 5 receiver....so far, I have been right. (Doesn't mean he sucks though...)

I would have taken Bryant without question before we got Marshall, it wasn't a priority once we got him. Looking back though, I would much rather have two 2nds and Bryant and give up Marshall...in a heartbeat!!!!

brandon marshall in denver the last 2 years was absolutely a top 5 wr...they designed great ways to get him the ball...brandon marshall hasn't failed us...this crappy offense from personnell packages to routes run to play design has failed brandon marshall...

dan henning has failed us across the board...we somehow made the highest paid wr in the damn game in his prime into just another guy at the position...

it's disgusting...it took 11 damn games to run some damn slant routes...hell more than 6 before we even saw a couple double moves on squatting corners on the outside...more than 6 before we put marshall in damn motion to give him some free releases more than 6 before we ran some damn screens with marshall

what a failure from the oc to the head coach with the handling of this offense...outright failure

Everyone fails!!! Marshal was a fantastic trade, and if don't think so you don't know football. Last year Bess led this team with 76 receptions and 758 yards. With 5 games to go Marshall is less than 100 yards from topping that, but more importantly because of Brandon, Bess and Hartline will also top Bess' team leading numbers from last year. Marshal's only down fall has been lack of game planning to get him the ball. I also think Henne needs to to blindly believe in him and just throw him the ball. I think they the coaching staff preaches to Henne to not lose the game so much that it hinders him and his WRs.

Everyone also has to remember who we have played thus far. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Chigaco, New York, Cincy, Greenbay, Minnesota, and Oakland are in the top 16 defenses in the NFL. Of our remaining games only the Jets are in the top 16 defenses. I am drooling thinking about Brandon vs Buffalo, Detroit, and New England to finish this season. Combined those teams have giving up 60tds by air and only picked off 24 passes(New England has 15 of those, but is the worst passing defense per yards in the NFL.)

A WR doesn't save this team, and Dez was never comming to Miami as he is the opposite of every player on this team. If you are going to use hind site we should look at the #12 spot. Earl Thomas was the best player on the board and happend to be our biggest need as we had no FS with a start on our roster. Earl Thomas has 5 ints in Seattle and has been a solid tackler. As most of our games has come down to one or two plays made or not made I would say Earl's 5ints could change this team's record by 1-2 games. I don't see a WR having that big of an impact on this team. Out side of special teams Dez would not make more plays than Brandon, and has not helped his team win too many games.

Please explain how dez is opposite from every player on our team. I mean really.

Back
Top Bottom