Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
clear.gif

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall has taken issue with comments made by former Green Bay Packers receiver Sterling Sharpe and NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock.
Both analysts called Marshall’s effort into question when reviewing the Dolphins loss to the New York Jets, last week.
Not surprisingly, the mercurial Marshall lashed out, targeting Sharpe specifically.
“I don’t honestly think those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe,” Marshall said. “I’ve got to turn on the film and see what he was able to do. I know he did some good things, but my understanding is he’s not a Hall of Fame guy.”

http://www.totalpackers.com/2010/10/01/brandon-marshall-disses-sterling-sharpe/

I have to disagree with Brandon on this one. Sterling may never make it to the HOF, but he was one of the best WR in the league before his injury.

I thought that Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock were unfair and unnecessarily harsh with their criticism of Brandon Marshall.

And I think Brandon Marshall's attack is also a bit ridiculous (Sterling Sharpe was one of the best ever, when he was playing).

But what bothers me is that they got under Brandon Marshall's skin, and that could be a mental distraction. I would have prefered if Brandon Marshall just ignored the comments, laughed it off, said "whatever", and avoided the personal pissing match. As a #1 WR, he's going to receive a lot of scrutiny from the media and the fans. He has to focus on playing football, and not jousting with every asshat out there who wants to take a shot at him.

When exactly did Brandon Marshall not give his full effort? Was it after he caught 10 balls for 166 yds and a TD against one of the best D's in the league?

Let's hope Brandon takes his aggression out on the Pats.

Brandon LOVES to play mad! we should all be grateful he's pissed off.

I like Mayock's analysis but he is so far off on this it's pathetic. No WR on the planet has Marshall's RAC abilities. He fights for every yard. He may have been gassed. That's because he works harder than other WRs. When they are falling to the ground he is still fighting. I'm a rocket scientist. That extra fight takes energy out of the player. That criticism was lame at best.

Man I love Marshall, his fire, no fear, talent set but WOW! Sharpe was amazing!! He would have been a hall of fame WR if he did not get hurt. Before there was Shannon there Sterling. Agree I wish Marshall would learn to brush this stuff off however how many great WR in the game cannot keep their mouth shut? I think it happens enough that it should not be a distraction and is just seen as part of the game. Heck ochocinco the other day actually said he had to stop trashing talking while he is playing bad! He really is looking at it as I have to play good first so I can talk again. I find that so funny but it seems to be the nature of the WR position. Lets just be happy Marshall has no problems backing up what he says.

I think both sides of this overreacted. Marshall had a great game and Sharpe is one of the best TEs of all time.

Calling out Sharpe was a bonehead move by Marshall. He was a great player.

If the coaches would have run the ball a few times near the goal line, this would be a mute point now. Running the ball and playing sound defense had this team at 2-0.

When exactly did Brandon Marshall not give his full effort? Was it after he caught 10 balls for 166 yds and a TD against one of the best D's in the league?

I believe Sharpe and Mayock were speaking specifically about the final drive. When Marshall had 0 catches for 0 yards.

I believe Sharpe and Mayock were speaking specifically about the final drive. When Marshall had 0 catches for 0 yards.
Didn't he have a big catch to get the phins into the redzone? They where talking about the final 4 plays of the game in the redzone.

Back
Top Bottom