Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe

Sterling Sharpe was a better WR than Brandon Marshall is today, Brandon should brush up on his history. Had Sterling not had a career ending injury so soon he would have been a lock HOFer.

Sterling Sharpe was a better WR than Brandon Marshall is today, Brandon should brush up on his history. Had Sterling not had a career ending injury so soon he would have been a lock HOFer.

cant argue with that based on their careers to date. Sharpe was definately an elite receiver. Marshall still has time to have a better career but its stupid to say the guy was not elite.

Sharpe 7 seasons 595 receptions 8194 yards 65 tds avg 85 rec 1170 yards 9.2 tds
Marshall 4 seasons and 3 games 349 receptions 4309 yards 26 tds avg 81 rec 1029 yds 6.25 tds

Fairly close except tds per season
So if Sharper was not elite neither is Marshall

Sharpe was a 5 time pro bowler and Marshall is a 2 tiime pro bowler

cant argue with that based on their careers to date. Sharpe was definately an elite receiver. Marshall still has time to have a better career but its stupid to say the guy was not elite.

Sharpe 7 seasons 595 receptions 8194 yards 65 tds avg 85 rec 1170 yards 9.2 tds
Marshall 4 seasons and 3 games 349 receptions 4309 yards 26 tds avg 81 rec 1029 yds 6.25 tds

Fairly close except tds per season
So if Sharper was not elite neither is Marshall

Sharpe was a 5 time pro bowler and Marshall is a 2 tiime pro bowler

It's hard to just compare #s b/c the era Sharpe played in was different, there weren't many guys going over 100 recs. It's a more pass happy game today and Sharpe was a 3 time 1st team all pro while Brandon is searching for his first. Marshall is an elite WR, Sharpe was even better.

It's hard to just compare #s b/c the era Sharpe played in was different, there weren't many guys going over 100 recs. It's a more pass happy game today and Sharpe was a 3 time 1st team all pro while Brandon is searching for his first. Marshall is an elite WR, Sharpe was even better.
Sharpe's "best" seasons were 1992 til his injury, with a QB named brett favre throwing to him, before that, Marshalls first 4 years = Sterling's first four years.

SS: 281 rec 4280yards 23tds
BM: 327rec 4019yards 25 tds
And that is with BM having a 1 catch rookie year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon LOVES to play mad! we should all be grateful he's pissed off.

I'll take this all day long but it's comments like these that were the primary reason I didn't want the guy. We absolutely NEEDED a big time playmaker like Brandon but I can only be a fan of this guy for about four hours a week. He just opens his mouth FAR too much without thinking. That's the immaturity of Brandon that comes with his greatness. I stand by the fact that he's one of the best pure athletes in the league. Top five without question. But he's also in the top five of most immature. This won't be the last time he says something completely retarded.

Who was Sharpe's QB in Green Bay? and who was Marshall's QB (plural) Marshall has put up the same numbers with 2 different QB and maybe a third. Brett makes a lot of WR look real good. I also remember when Brett was a Jet he had Coles looking real good for a while and he also took Simone Rice game to the next level.

When summing up the career of sterling sharpe the career ending injury is just as much a part of it as touchdown catches. woulda shoulda coulda.....but his career ended and all he does now is wear reply ugly suits

I'll take this all day long but it's comments like these that were the primary reason I didn't want the guy. We absolutely NEEDED a big time playmaker like Brandon but I can only be a fan of this guy for about four hours a week. He just opens his mouth FAR too much without thinking. That's the immaturity of Brandon that comes with his greatness. I stand by the fact that he's one of the best pure athletes in the league. Top five without question. But he's also in the top five of most immature. This won't be the last time he says something completely retarded.

Your point's well taken, but sometimes reactions become inevitable when, on little more than the basis of other-life glories, you've put miscast atavists behind the microphones.

Sharpe's "best" seasons were 1992 til his injury, with a QB named brett favre throwing to him, before that, Marshalls first 4 years = Sterling's first four years.

SS: 281 rec 4280yards 23tds
BM: 327rec 4019yards 25 tds
And that is with BM having a 1 catch rookie year.

Again, the eras were very different and Brett favre 1992 was not Brett Favre of years later. he was a developing QB.

Sharpe earned his first 1st team all-pro selection in year 2 w/ Don Majkowski throwing to him.

Sharpe was much better than Marshall has been so far.

Sharpe led the NFL in recs 3 times, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest finish was 3rd)
Sharpe 1st team all pro 3 times, Marshall zero
Sharpe led the NFL in rec yds once, Marshall zero(marshall's highest has been 6th)
Sharpe led the NFL in TD recs twice, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest has been 10th)

This is not a knock against Marshall, I dont' think people realize how great Sharpe was before he got hurt.

Who was Sharpe's QB in Green Bay? and who was Marshall's QB (plural) Marshall has put up the same numbers with 2 different QB and maybe a third. Brett makes a lot of WR look real good. I also remember when Brett was a Jet he had Coles looking real good for a while and he also took Simone Rice game to the next level.

Sharpe only played 2 full seasons w/ Favre and those were Favre's 1st seasons as a starter, he was 1st team all pro w/ Don majkowski as his QB and made a PB in a year Majkowski and Anthony Dilweg split starts. Marshall has had much better QBs than Majkowski and Anthony Dilweg.

Again, the eras were very different and Brett favre 1992 was not Brett Favre of years later. he was a developing QB.

Sharpe earned his first 1st team all-pro selection in year 2 w/ Don Majkowski throwing to him.

Sharpe was much better than Marshall has been so far.

Sharpe led the NFL in recs 3 times, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest finish was 3rd)
Sharpe 1st team all pro 3 times, Marshall zero
Sharpe led the NFL in rec yds once, Marshall zero(marshall's highest has been 6th)
Sharpe led the NFL in TD recs twice, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest has been 10th)

This is not a knock against Marshall, I dont' think people realize how great Sharpe was before he got hurt.

Sharpe only played 2 full seasons w/ Favre and those were Favre's 1st seasons as a starter, he was 1st team all pro w/ Don majkowski as his QB and made a PB in a year Majkowski and Anthony Dilweg split starts. Marshall has had much better QBs than Majkowski and Anthony Dilweg.
Look I love splitting hairs as much as anyone, but 1992 brett "started" 13 games, so while you can spin that however you usually spin those things, from 1992-til sharpes injury he had brett ****ing favre throwing the ball to him. and to call brett favre a developing qb is probably the reason Brett threw the ball to Sterling as much as he did, Sharpe was his security blanket, and all brett did was throw the ball to him. Brett being a "developing" QB was the best thing to happen for Sharpe's numbers.

Here's a hint, sharpe caught 12 of brett's 18 TDs in 1992.

Here's another hint, before Brett, Sharpe averaged 70 catches a year, With brett he averaged 104 catches a year.

Clearly Sharpe was a Great Reciever before Brett, Brett made him a possible hof. (injury aside) But Brett has a history of making Wr's better than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look I love splitting hairs as much as anyone, but 1992 brett "started" 13 games, so while you can spin that however you usually spin those things, from 1992-til sharpes injury he had brett ****ing favre throwing the ball to him. and to call brett favre a developing qb is probably the reason Brett threw the ball to Sterling as much as he did, Sharpe was his security blanket, and all brett did was throw the ball to him. Brett being a "developing" QB was the best thing to happen for Sharpe's numbers.

Here's a hint, sharpe caught 12 of brett's 18 TDs in 1992.

Here's another hint, before Brett, Sharpe averaged 70 catches a year, With brett he averaged 104 catches a year.

Clearly Sharpe was a Great Reciever before Brett, Brett made him a possible hof. (injury aside) But Brett has a history of making Wr's better than they are.

Almsot 3 years then but it wasn't veteran Brett favre, in 1992 and 1993 Brett threw 37 TDs and 37 INTs, 1994 is when he took that leap throwing 33 Tds and just 14 INTs- what Sharpe did w/a young, developing Favre and w/ the crap before him was downright amazing.

Brett started 13 games in 1992/Sharp's numbers was 108 REC/1461 YRDS/13 TDS
Brett became full starter in 1993//Sharp's numbers was 112 REC/1274 YRDS/11 TDS
Brett started full season 1994//Sharp's numbers was 94 REC/1119 YRDS//18 TDS
2 of those so called first team all pro selections were in 1992 1993. so I do think the QB he played with had something to do with his success.

Almsot 3 years then but it wasn't veteran Brett favre, in 1992 and 1993 Brett threw 37 TDs and 37 INTs, 1994 is when he took that leap throwing 33 Tds and just 14 INTs- what Sharpe did w/a young, developing Favre and w/ the crap before him was downright amazing.
I won't deny that the qbs he had throwing to him were crap (if they were any good GB wouldn't have traded for Brett right?) But Brandon marshall also had to play with a "developing" Qb named Jay Cutler, who is himself an interception machine, and kyle orton who was so good Chicago traded him for Jay Cutler lol. At most I'll admit Sterling Sharpe has one of the coolest names ever, and through 7 years had a careet many WR's would envy, and through four years had a career that is <= Brandon Marshall's four year career. This being brandon's fifth year, we'll find out just how "great" he is if he can make Henne look great.

Brett started 13 games in 1992/Sharp's numbers was 108 REC/1461 YRDS/13 TDS
Brett became full starter in 1993//Sharp's numbers was 112 REC/1274 YRDS/11 TDS
Brett started full season 1994//Sharp's numbers was 94 REC/1119 YRDS//18 TDS
2 of those so called first team all pro selections were in 1992 1993. so I do think the QB he played with had something to do with his success.
Stop, you'll dig up all these facts and numbers and waste an hour or so of your time doing so, and it won't make a bit of difference, once Junc has it in his mind that he is right about something, you won't convince him otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom