Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe

Brett started 13 games in 1992/Sharp's numbers was 108 REC/1461 YRDS/13 TDS
Brett became full starter in 1993//Sharp's numbers was 112 REC/1274 YRDS/11 TDS
Brett started full season 1994//Sharp's numbers was 94 REC/1119 YRDS//18 TDS
2 of those so called first team all pro selections were in 1992 1993. so I do think the QB he played with had something to do with his success.

Again, he was 1st team all pro w/ DON MAJKOWSKI and made a PB catching passes from majkowski and ANTHONY DILWEG Dilweg.

Sharpe played in 112 games in the NFL, Favre started only 45 of those games.

Brett favre in 1992 and 1993 was as up and down as a QB could be, he was not yet an elite QB. 1994 is when he took that next step and Sterling was critical to his development.

I won't deny that the qbs he had throwing to him were crap (if they were any good GB wouldn't have traded for Brett right?) But Brandon marshall also had to play with a "developing" Qb named Jay Cutler, who is himself an interception machine, and kyle orton who was so good Chicago traded him for Jay Cutler lol. At most I'll admit Sterling Sharpe has one of the coolest names ever, and through 7 years had a careet many WR's would envy, and through four years had a career that is <= Brandon Marshall's four year career. This being brandon's fifth year, we'll find out just how "great" he is if he can make Henne look great.

Cutler is better than Majkowski, Dilweg or Randy Wright.

Stop, you'll dig up all these facts and numbers and waste an hour or so of your time doing so, and it won't make a bit of difference, once Junc has it in his mind that he is right about something, you won't convince him otherwise.

I don't have to convince myself, I KNOW am I.

It's aamzing how you guys will ignore he played 40% of his games w/ favre as his QB and the other info I posted:

Sharpe led the NFL in recs 3 times, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest finish was 3rd)
Sharpe 1st team all pro 3 times, Marshall zero
Sharpe led the NFL in rec yds once, Marshall zero(marshall's highest has been 6th)
Sharpe led the NFL in TD recs twice, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest has been 10th)

There's no doubt Sharpe was better.

Again, he was 1st team all pro w/ DON MAJKOWSKI and made a PB catching passes from majkowski and ANTHONY DILWEG Dilweg.

Sharpe played in 112 games in the NFL, Favre started only 45 of those games.

Brett favre in 1992 and 1993 was as up and down as a QB could be, he was not yet an elite QB. 1994 is when he took that next step and Sterling was critical to his development.

Cutler is better than Majkowski, Dilweg or Randy Wright.

I don't have to convince myself, I KNOW am I.

It's aamzing how you guys will ignore he played 40% of his games w/ favre as his QB and the other info I posted:

Sharpe led the NFL in recs 3 times, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest finish was 3rd)
Sharpe 1st team all pro 3 times, Marshall zero
Sharpe led the NFL in rec yds once, Marshall zero(marshall's highest has been 6th)
Sharpe led the NFL in TD recs twice, Marshall zero(Marshall's highest has been 10th)

There's no doubt Sharpe was better.

What has Cutler shown you that make you say he is so good? I bet if your QB played like Cutler has in the last 3 years you would want him out of there. I'm tired of people saying Cutler is so damn good without him really accomplishing NOTHING!!

When exactly did Brandon Marshall not give his full effort? Was it after he caught 10 balls for 166 yds and a TD against one of the best D's in the league?

He was clearly gassed at the end. Perhaps if we'd have run the ball once or twice during the game.

What has Cutler shown you that make you say he is so good? I bet if your QB played like Cutler has in the last 3 years you would want him out of there. I'm tired of people saying Cutler is so damn good without him really accomplishing NOTHING!!

You don't have to show much to be better than Don Majkowski, Anthony Dilweg and Randy Wright.

Here is a good chart below(see full article at link below chart):

clear.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-Marshall-meet-Sterling-Sharpe?urn=nfl-274064

Sterling Sharpe was an excellent WR, under rated because his career was cut short and he played in a small market on a team that was never very good (until towards the end of his career). Brandon Marshall is on his way at this point, that's it. And Junc stop bashing my boy THE MAGIC MAN.

Perhaps Majkowski wasn't all that after all, since in reality at best his numbers were mediocre.
But then again, in reality, how does that color the career legacy of this other guy stripping out one shining moment in a 2 game post-season, and a drunken boast in time??

consider the numbers:

Majkowski: .456 winning %, 55.4% completions, 3.5% interception rate, 6.7YA, QBR 72.9
Namath: .480 winning %, 50.1% completions, 5.8% interception rate, 7.4YA, QBR 65.5

2lsiqmv-1.jpg

Perhaps Majkowski wasn't all that after all, since in reality at best his numbers were mediocre.
But then again, in reality, how does that color the career legacy of this other guy stripping out one shining moment in a 2 game post-season, and a drunken boast in time??

consider the numbers:

Majkowski: .456 winning %, 55.4% completions, 3.5% interception rate, 6.7YA, QBR 72.9
Namath: .480 winning %, 50.1% completions, 5.8% interception rate, 7.4YA, QBR 65.5

You love showing how little you know about this game. If you have paid attention you would know I think namath is very overrated but to try and compare his stats to majkowski is someone who just doesn't have any clue about this game. I guess next we'll compare Chad henne to Arnie herber?

You love showing how little you know about this game. If you have paid attention you would know I think namath is very overrated but to try and compare his stats to majkowski is someone who just doesn't have any clue about this game. I guess next we'll compare Chad henne to Arnie herber?

LOL, You're dripping blood all over this thread; the way your day is going, I'll bet you won't be able to sit for a week.

Wow, interesting direction this thread has gone.

Michael Irvin clearly sides with Brandon on this one. Ron Jaworski clearly also sides with Brandon on this one calling the entire criticism "bullsh-t" today during a pre-game Chalk Talk at the stadium with fans.

Bottom line is Brandon Marshall fought wrong with wrong, fought ignorance with more ignorance. The criticism of Marshall conducted by the NFL Network crew was one-dimension, ignorant, targeted and just wrong. Is it wrong to say that Sterling Sharpe wasn't an elite player because he's not in the Hall of Fame? Is it unfair? Yeah, I think it is. Just as wrong as it is to isolate four plays, only one or two of which are even relevant, that came immediately after he had that beastly 30 yard catch and run play, 59 minutes into a game where he'd already caught 9 balls for 136 yards and a TD before that 30 yard RAC play. But there is Sterling saying, "Don't complain, don't explain."

Well Sterling, how about you "Don't complain, don't explain" about you not being in the Hall of Fame.

Wow, I knew Jaws agreed with me that the criticism of Marshall was "bullsh-t" but I didn't realize he echoed exactly what I've been saying about it almost to a word:

“And I’m not defending him. I’m just stating the facts as I saw them,” Jaworski said. “He just made an unbelievable play, catches the ball, making people miss, he’s run about 60 yards, it’s hot, it’s humid. Was he gassed a little? Absolutely. Usain Bolt would’ve been a little gassed after what he went through.”

Jaworski said if anyone deserves blame, it’s the Dolphins’ coaches for calling plays designed for Marshall – specifically a fade pass on first down – when Marshall was still catching his breath.

“He wasn’t ready. Not that he wasn’t in shape, he was just gassed at that game, and that’s no big deal, a lot of guys get gassed in this game,” Jaworski said. “If I’m looking at Harold Carmichael and Mike Quick and they’re trying to catch their breath, I’m not giving them the ball. I’ll wait ’til they catch their breath.”

Junc, man you keep saying its a diffrent era. Its a pass happy leauge that more WR have a chanc to make plays and catch more balls.

Sharpe's day there was 1 or 2 guys and thats it that led the leauge. So the chances of leading the league and being an all-pro was easier than now.

whats bogus about that jaws take is marshall wasn't showing he was gassed in the huddle before the fade play or even during the eventual time out...he wasn't showing anything nor did i see him mouth it...the only time he looked like his legs weren't there was in the plays themselves and by then its too damn late

so what is the coaching staff supposed to do about the playcall if your horse isn't showing he needs a blow??? i ride that horse til i either see it with my eyes that he's gassed or he damn well tells me he's gassed especially in the red down 8 and less than a minute left

i mean who doesn't call the fade when its one on one with a cb and no safety help with brandon marshall???

First off, you assume it based on that 30 yard play. That's why 90% of the time a player makes a play like that he's called off the field by the coaching staff.

Second, I thought he showed it on the 30 yard play itself because he was running out of juice on the play and that's why he got caught in the first place and didn't score, and I also thought he showed it in between the plays.

alright...i'll go along with on the 30 yard play he was missing something cause i agree that a normal b marsh scores on that play

but i still don't think that i can go away from him on that next play given the coverage look he had with cromartie...and i could tell that when henne came to the los and saw that on the outside he couldn't get the ball in his hand fast enough to let that one go...

Back
Top Bottom