Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Disses Sterling Sharpe

First off, you assume it based on that 30 yard play. That's why 90% of the time a player makes a play like that he's called off the field by the coaching staff.

Second, I thought he showed it on the 30 yard play itself because he was running out of juice on the play and that's why he got caught in the first place and didn't score, and I also thought he showed it in between the plays.

what does that say about this coaching staff? was plain as day he was gassed and yet they still tried to force feed him the ball. I dont recall, but was Bess on the field for the final play or was it a 2 man route Marshall/Fasano. I recall the Jets only rushed 3 i believe.

alright...i'll go along with on the 30 yard play he was missing something cause i agree that a normal b marsh scores on that play

but i still don't think that i can go away from him on that next play given the coverage look he had with cromartie...and i could tell that when henne came to the los and saw that on the outside he couldn't get the ball in his hand fast enough to let that one go...

I don't know this for a fact but I personally assume that the Jets went to such a daring, zero cover look specifically because they knew Brandon Marshall had to be gassed after that 30 yard RAC play and they assumed he was just a decoy. I mean, the play clock is only 30 seconds at that point, so we're talking about literally 30 seconds after that 30 yard play. I think you just normally assume a guy is huffing and puffing at that point. The defense did.

what does that say about this coaching staff? was plain as day he was gassed and yet they still tried to force feed him the ball. I dont recall, but was Bess on the field for the final play or was it a 2 man route Marshall/Fasano. I recall the Jets only rushed 3 i believe.

Not just the coaching staff but also Henne himself.

I agree with you it was a bad call all the way around. With less than a minute left I guess I could see how they would want to keep Marshall on the field because they might be worried that they might get tackled inbounds or something like that to where they can't substitute him back in...but then again, they HAD two timeouts...so even that was not easily excusable.

What we don't know is what the play call was, what it calls for the QB to do, how much freedom Henne has with the calls, etc. Was he handcuffed? Was it one of those moments where they make a call, and once he reads the defense he HAS to go where he is supposed to go with the ball otherwise there will be consequences? Or can Henne make a choice to go elsewhere?

Whether it's on the coaches or whether it's on Henne, it was a mistake IMO and hopefully they learned from it one way or another.

Junc, man you keep saying its a diffrent era. Its a pass happy leauge that more WR have a chanc to make plays and catch more balls.

Sharpe's day there was 1 or 2 guys and thats it that led the leauge. So the chances of leading the league and being an all-pro was easier than now.

yeah, he only had the greatest WR in the history of the modern game in his prime to compete with and b/c guys didn't catch 100 balls as often as today doesn't make those WR lesser WRs. There were plenty of excellent WRs to compete w/ and he was better compared to his era than Marshall is compared to his. This is NOT a shot at Marshall, Sharpe was that good and many people do not realize it b/c his career was cut short and his brother became such a great player.

as i recall bess was not on the field on the final play...i barely recall him on the field those final 4 downs

on the final play we had hartline and marshall on the left in a 2 wr look and fasano inline to the right of the formation with roberto wallace a yard off the ball like an extra te in a 3 point stance just outside of fasano

I don't know this for a fact but I personally assume that the Jets went to such a daring, zero cover look specifically because they knew Brandon Marshall had to be gassed after that 30 yard RAC play and they assumed he was just a decoy. I mean, the play clock is only 30 seconds at that point, so we're talking about literally 30 seconds after that 30 yard play. I think you just normally assume a guy is huffing and puffing at that point. The defense did.

i think thats quite an assumption to make on the jets end...thinking he was gassed so lets man up on him in the red zone...

so they dont use their shiftiest wr when inside the 5 with the game on the line? its getting pretty hard for me to feel much confidence with some of the guys making decisions, I have to be honest.

so they dont use their shiftiest wr when inside the 5 with the game on the line? its getting pretty hard for me to feel much confidence with some of the guys making decisions, I have to be honest.

it was more of a power look to me with the 2 wrs outside...the jets had a ton of lbs if i recall correctly still on the field...no nickle

no bess...who was using guys at the los all game long

yeah, he only had the greatest WR in the history of the modern game in his prime to compete with and b/c guys didn't catch 100 balls as often as today doesn't make those WR lesser WRs. There were plenty of excellent WRs to compete w/ and he was better compared to his era than Marshall is compared to his. This is NOT a shot at Marshall, Sharpe was that good and many people do not realize it b/c his career was cut short and his brother became such a great player.

Ok, me personally I think WRs today are just better. More guys fighting for one spot. Rice & Sharpe & Brown. The only 3 competing for the spot.

Ok, me personally I think WRs today are just better. More guys fighting for one spot. Rice & Sharpe & Brown. The only 3 competing for the spot.

maybe it was a case of three just sticking out unlike today when nobody stands head and shoulders above the others

You're obviously way too young to remember what the NFL was like in the early 90's and didn't get to see the caliber of WR's that Sharpe was competing with...

You had guys like Henry Ellard, Michael Irvin, Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Herman Moore, Chris Carter, Terance Mathis, Jake Reed, Andre Rison, etc... all catching 80-100+ balls every year in the NFL... and that's just in the NFC...

Sharpe was also competing with guys like Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Rob Moore, Irving Fryar, Carl Pickens, Haywood Jeffries, Brian Blades, etc., from the AFC who were also catching 80-100+ balls every year to have to lead the NFL in statistical categories...

I'm sure I'm forgetting several... the point is, that's a LOT of Hall of Famers and Pro Bowlers from that era...

Certainly more than just 3 guys competing for the top spot... Not to mention the rules were entirely different during that period... DB's could mug receivers back then...

Very few guys now days could hold any of those receivers jock straps...

yeah and marshall tonight was gassed early in the 3rd damn quarter after his like 2nd catch...i'm getting tired of this bs excuse

Back
Top Bottom