Brandon Marshall is due a $3 million roster bonus on April 2. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is due a $3 million roster bonus on April 2.

His lack of ability to break a play last yea is a concern.

Your lack of understanding that he we constantly double teamed, sometimes even a 3 person in his area, not having a WR opposite him who could stretch the defense out, and not having a QB who could lead him into open territory is a concern.

Your lack of understanding that he we constantly double teamed, sometimes even a 3 person in his area, not having a WR opposite him who could stretch the defense out, and not having a QB who could lead him into open territory is a concern.

Like he is the only wr doubleteamed in the NFL and many of them actually still break plays. Excuses excuses. I forgot though he is the only wr that ever gets doubleteamed and has less than stellar playcalling and qbing. Amazing how Larry Fitzgerald was able to score twice as many tds in a very similar situation.

i like brandon marshall. i think he's a smart kid growing up in a fast world. it's gonna take a sharp coach to maximize his skills. marshall fits well with strong minded QB's with bigger ego's than his own.

he needs a leader to get behind. he also needs another WR on this team who wants his job.

anybody who thinks the marshall signing was a waste of money, or that he is overrated, or that he doesn't earn his money is a moron.

this offense sucked. we never scored touchdowns. He put up great numbers, 80+ catches and over 1000 yards with this offense, and this qb. that's great stuff.

as a matter of fact, he was about the only reason I tuned in every sunday. it wan't because I wanted to watch ronnie brown run for 700 yards all year, or that I liked watching dan carpenter make 5 field goals a game.

Like he is the only wr doubleteamed in the NFL and many of them actually still break plays. Excuses excuses. I forgot though he is the only wr that ever gets doubleteamed and has less than stellar playcalling and qbing. Amazing how Larry Fitzgerald was able to score twice as many tds in a very similar situation.

didn't larry fitzgerald have a former probowler throwing to him part time... If I'm wrong so be it, but even though I think derek anderson sucks now, I thought he made probowl just a few years back.

I'd love to see fitz have any success with a chad henne or tyler thigpen.

didn't larry fitzgerald have a former probowler throwing to him part time... If I'm wrong so be it, but even though I think derek anderson sucks now, I thought he made probowl just a few years back.

I'd love to see fitz have any success with a chad henne or tyler thigpen.

az was just as bad if not worse at qb although i would take fitz over marshall anyday

az was just as bad if not worse at qb although i would take fitz over marshall anyday

derek anderson is better than chad henne or tyler thigpen... not many would disagree. max hall... you have an argument.

if marshall didn't earn his money this year, than neither did fitz... regardless of who they had chucking the rock.

derek anderson is better than chad henne or tyler thigpen... not many would disagree. max hall... you have an argument.

if marshall didn't earn his money this year, than neither did fitz... regardless of who they had chucking the rock.

So twice as many tds , a better average , more catches and they did the same . About par for the course here. I admit Fitz had a down year for him much like Marshall but he had a better year

Also u must not have watched Derek Anderson this year . He was much worse than Henne . He had a 65 qb rating 7 tds and 10 interceptions.

2nd most dropped passes in the league. 11.8 y/r. 3 td's. can you say overrated?

I have no patience for anything negative about Brandon, as out side of Bess he was the only positive thing on the offensive side of the ball. Brown and Williams both tanked this past season, but despite our running game going from 4th best in 2009 to 21st in 2010, Marshal had a 1000 yard season with 86 catches. Does everyone realize he tied Mark Clayton for the 2nd most receptions in the history of the franchise, and only missed setting the record by 4 receptions even though he missed 2 games, and it was his first season with the team. It is also very noteworthy that Bess posted better numbers despite being 2nd on our team in receptions as last season he was far and away our most productive WR, and Hartline posted better numbers yet he only played 12 games when he played all 16 in 2009.

The bottom line is there is a lot to be disappointing in from 2010 on the offensive side of the ball, but Marshall was not one of them. Long was hampered by an injury for most of the 2nd half of the season, and Carey went on IR, so our offensive line had a huge drop off. Our running game was very disappointing as I already mentioned, and our QB play was obviously leaving a lot to be desired. All that being said Marshal and Bess shined in a very mediocre offensive.

I have no patience for anything negative about Brandon, as out side of Bess he was the only positive thing on the offensive side of the ball. Brown and Williams both tanked this past season, but despite our running game going from 4th best in 2009 to 21st in 2010, Marshal had a 1000 yard season with 86 catches. Does everyone realize he tied Mark Clayton for the 2nd most receptions in the history of the franchise, and only missed setting the record by 4 receptions even though he missed 2 games, and it was his first season with the team. It is also very noteworthy that Bess posted better numbers despite being 2nd on our team in receptions as last season he was far and away our most productive WR, and Hartline posted better numbers yet he only played 12 games when he played all 16 in 2009.

The bottom line is there is a lot to be disappointing in from 2010 on the offensive side of the ball, but Marshall was not one of them. Long was hampered by an injury for most of the 2nd half of the season, and Carey went on IR, so our offensive line had a huge drop off. Our running game was very disappointing as I already mentioned, and our QB play was obviously leaving a lot to be desired. All that being said Marshal and Bess shined in a very mediocre offensive.

Carey sucked all year anyway

... Good for him. We're not cutting him. Maybe a case of overdoing it on the pseudo-news stories.

Kind of sucks when a players bonus will probably be more than I make in a lifetime.

I don't see how the situations were similar at all between marsh and fitz. if anderson, is truly as bad as you say he is, than max hall must be a stud because by the sounds of it, twice as many td's, better ypc, more catches..... which must make max hall at the very least better than henne. which is hard to believe since derek was in 12 games and one would have to believe the majority of fitz's production was tied to derek anderson

I don't see how fitzs numbers are so superior to bmarsh's this year. in two less games he had 4 less catches, 120 less yards, and 3 less td's...

fitz suffered from the same thing marshall does...
1. a lack of a boldin type player on the other side
2. mediocre qb play.

Back
Top Bottom