Brandon Marshall is due a $3 million roster bonus on April 2. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is due a $3 million roster bonus on April 2.

I don't see how the situations were similar at all between marsh and fitz. if anderson, is truly as bad as you say he is, than max hall must be a stud because by the sounds of it, twice as many td's, better ypc, more catches..... which must make max hall at the very least better than henne. which is hard to believe since derek was in 12 games and one would have to believe the majority of fitz's production was tied to derek anderson

I don't see how fitzs numbers are so superior to bmarsh's this year. in two less games he had 4 less catches, 120 less yards, and 3 less td's...

fitz suffered from the same thing marshall does...
1. a lack of a boldin type player on the other side
2. mediocre qb play.

U obviosuly did not watch Arizona play their qb was much worse than Henne. Anderson had a 65 qb rating and hall had a 35 qb rating. Twice as many tds is a lot and with worse qb play than we had yes he did better geesh.

Worth $3m per TD? Maybe.

Worth two 2nd round picks on top of the massive contract. Probably not.

I get it. With Ronnie Brown just about gone, dlockz needs a new fin to needlessly hate on. Guess next up is Brandon Marshall.

I don't know what the term is for the opposite of a homer, but that's what you are dlockz. I'd hate to be the kind of fan who hates everyone on my own team. I don't understand why you don't just go and find a team you like everyone on, but I guess that doesn't exist. No matter the team, you're the kind of guy who yearns for the guys on the other sideline. Grass is always greener kind of thing...

I get it. With Ronnie Brown just about gone, dlockz needs a new fin to needlessly hate on. Guess next up is Brandon Marshall.

I don't know what the term is for the opposite of a homer, but that's what you are dlockz. I'd hate to be the kind of fan who hates everyone on my own team. I don't understand why you don't just go and find a team you like everyone on, but I guess that doesn't exist. No matter the team, you're the kind of guy who yearns for the guys on the other sideline. Grass is always greener kind of thing...

All I said was he did not play up to his contract as the highest paid receiver in football and that 3 tds was not very good. I like Marshall as a football player and Im glad we tried to get better. I just think we could have done better in the trade since Denver was not going to keep him. I do firmly believe if things do not go well this year record wise you will have a similar act as in his last year in Denver. Like I said before paint me as you like I just call them as I see them I dont have a crush on all dolphin players and coaches. I love the Phins the players and coaches come and go some will be good and some will be bad. Bring any take you like at me because you really dont know me and I will gladly reply to anything you throw at me. I just ask the one favor be honest when representing my views and dont say things I never said such as no Cfl player could be successful in the NFL or present the full view when I said that if Randy Starks did purposely try to hit a police officer he should be cut. As for Brown I never hated on him I just set the record straight that he was not an elite player and I think his career quite proves me right.

He missed 2 and half games.
Henne missed him open in the endzone twice that I clearly remember.
Just him on the field gives bess 1 on 1's.
All that with db's pretty much knowing what he is running givin the down and distance.
The dumb flags are annoying but its not like that's what killed games for us.
No problem paying him long or bess big money but that's about it on o.
It hurts him how some of his best plays are crossing routes and catching the ball in space and on the ruun and that's something henne can not do

All I said was he did not play up to his contract as the highest paid receiver in football and that 3 tds was not very good. I like Marshall as a football player and Im glad we tried to get better. I just think we could have done better in the trade since Denver was not going to keep him. I do firmly believe if things do not go well this year record wise you will have a similar act as in his last year in Denver. Like I said before paint me as you like I just call them as I see them I dont have a crush on all dolphin players and coaches. I love the Phins the players and coaches come and go some will be good and some will be bad. Bring any take you like at me because you really dont know me and I will gladly reply to anything you throw at me. I just ask the one favor be honest when representing my views and dont say things I never said such as no Cfl player could be successful in the NFL or present the full view when I said that if Randy Starks did purposely try to hit a police officer he should be cut. As for Brown I never hated on him I just set the record straight that he was not an elite player and I think his career quite proves me right.

We were not the only bidder. The Jets were on record as trying to bid for him, but ducked out when Santonio Holmes was available for a 5th.

I don't know why, but you love to piss in everyone's cornflakes. Who gives a **** if some homers thought Ronnie was an elite RB. Who cares that Marshall didn't play up to his contract. Everyone here knows he didn't play like the best WR in football this year. What I don't get is why you're here saying that over and over again. This forum needs a bright spot man. One of those bright spots is our 1000 yard receiver. Let them have it, goddamn. Our Fins are the laughing stock of the NFL right, the fans need SOMETHING to keep them positive. Let them have it. Jesus Christ...

I don't get why everyone always hates on d lockz he says things are pretty much always have some truth to them. I don't always agree and think he goes overboard on some players but that's all of this site.
Like when I say vontae is overrated by dolphin fans everyone jumps on me but its just what I see.
Marshall has a place on this team till his contract is up

Phins went 1 - 7 at home so all Dolfans have the right to complain.

Marshall had a lot of drops and he has to do better. The coaching was lousy, special teams were a focking disaster and defense was just okay but not good enough - way too many dropped picks.

But we are where we are. We don't have a franchise QB and there might not be one available for us in this draft.

We do have an elite WR1 and we should have the chance to draft an elite RB1 at the 15 pick (Mark Ingram). Marhall and Ingram is a nice start to building on offense. OL and TE we should be able to fill in FA.

Not sure why they wouldn't pay. He didn't have a monster season last year. We know he can play better in the future when the offense gets it right.

all you *******s hating on the beast need to look at some old highlight footage of how he performs when he has a competent QB throwing him the ball.

twice as many touchdowns IS ALOT when your talking I don't know ten vs. twenty... but 6 vs 3 c'mon man...

marshall was second on the team in rec td's, first in yards receiving, and first in receptions... he earned his paycheck.

ronnie brown rushed for 700ish yards.... now there is a legit ***** topic....

fitz didn't earn his paycheck anymore than marshall did.... unless I am to believe that 3 more td's and 4 more catches and 130 more yards in TWO more games played means he earned his $14 mil or whatever he makes....

Yea, we are going to extend Ireland and Sparano's contract, and give them raises, but we aren't going to pay Marshall a $3 million bonus...c'mon.

Phins went 1 - 7 at home so all Dolfans have the right to complain.

Marshall had a lot of drops and he has to do better. The coaching was lousy, special teams were a focking disaster and defense was just okay but not good enough - way too many dropped picks.

But we are where we are. We don't have a franchise QB and there might not be one available for us in this draft.

We do have an elite WR1 and we should have the chance to draft an elite RB1 at the 15 pick (Mark Ingram). Marhall and Ingram is a nice start to building on offense. OL and TE we should be able to fill in FA.
Most of those drops has a lot to do with his frustration and ego than anything. The guy needs to be more focused on the field, period. Honestly, if Andrew Luck came out and Carolina was willing to accept our first rounder, Marshall, and a future pick for the first overall, I would do the trade.

Back
Top Bottom