Brandon Marshall: "It's embarrassing" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall: "It's embarrassing"

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall apologizes to defenders, blames everyone on offensive side of the ball, including coaches

Brandon Marshall just delivered a statement of mea culpa about the terrible offensive play the Dolphins offense -- ranked 31st in the NFL in scoring coming into today -- delivered in this 17-14 loss to the Bills and, indeed, has delivered all season.

The statement at his presser before he took questions:
"First before I take any questions, I want to apologize to the defensive guys, especially the players. All year they played their hearts out, they played together, they played like a unit is supposed to play. I'm not sure if we're out of the playoffs but we need a miracle to get in.

"I say that to say this: Offensively all year, we didn't get the job done. We didn't make enough plays. Today we didn't make enough plays. Today we didn't get the job done. It's embarrassing. It's just a shame. You have a defense like that, you don't have to be great as an offense. You just have to be OK. And we haven't been that all year. And it's embarrassing. So I apologize to each guy on the other side of the ball.

"And myself I'm held accountable, too. I'm not pointing fingers to anyone on offense, it's all of us as a group, coaches, too. We just didn't get the job done today and it's been that way all season."

Notice that Marshall does not exclude anyone. Seriously, it is the coaching, the play-calling, the execution, the running game, the passing game, the quarterback, the offensive line, and sometimes the receivers.

He got it all. The Dolphins need a total revamp on offense.

Period.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...offensive-side-of-the-ball-including-coa.html

I agree with Marshall and love the fact he blames the coaches aswell. We all think it, so im pleased he has said it.

yet you will never hear henning apologize to anyone for anything

clear.gif

For once I'm glad a player is running mouth and throwing the piece of crap coaching staff under the bus. Please Ross do away with this garbage of a coaching staff.

Brandon Marshall played his A** off today. I didn't see a drop, I believe he had 11 receptions for 106 yards. The most impressive thing for me was watching him block the defender onto his butt on the Ronnie Brown touchdown run. He may be a head case at times but the guy is right. It isn't an individuals fault its the entire offense. It needs to be completely revamped from the top to the bottom.

i'm convinced the offense didn't want to play for henning. in hennings recent media coverage, all he said was players need to execute, blah blah blah. the players just weren't buying into his system and were writing hennings ticket out of miami.

He was a beast today. Without having him to throw to, I think Henne would have completely melted down. I also like him standing up in the media like this. He might be able to turn me around on my opinion of him. Hopefully, he'll grow up while he's a Miami Dolphin.

He is absolutely right . . . the one guy MOVING the football was Chad Henne, you take him out in what is the most critical down of the game (2nd and 10 on the final drive . . . not counting that pathetic crap at the end) for the wildcat . . . why? Because we were in the outer edges of the range, of a FG kicker that missed 3 FG's earlier.

Chad Henne has been inconsistent this year, but he wasn't the problem today, the biggest problem was Dan Henning and Tony Sparano. Henning for his whole offensive design and Sparano for letting it happen and the ability to not have his guys more prepared for the chance at the end.

We can argue until we are blue in the face about if Chad Henne is a good enough QB to lead this team . . . he isn't the best, but he may be the best available going into next season. But we can do better than Dan Henning . . . and with what I saw at the end, I think we can truly do better than Sparano also. Sparano can lead the cheerleaders on the field . . . but his lack of adjustments this year have been downright obsurd.

If they do can Sparano, Mike Nolan seems like the obvious choice . . . him and Ireland need to work their ***** of starting NOW to look for a OC for next season.

Him & Bess played there *** off. Its a shame. they have all this talent & both of there avg per catch is below 10.

Hmmmm...I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom