Brandon Marshall lists his best teammates, names 2 dolphins...no cutler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall lists his best teammates, names 2 dolphins...no cutler

He's shown alot of balls taking the lead as a poster child for mental health - and done a ton of philanthropy in that regard since being diagnosed, not the type of thing one does if you can barely remember your own name, meds or not.

So? Still doesn't change the fact those meds have side effects. Never mind that combined with his EGO.

Not sure why people are surprised by the lack of Cutler mention. Back in Denver ole' Jay would throw Marshall under the bus during press conferences on a semi-regular basis.

Im not going to say they feuded or anything, Marshall certainly appreciated the production Cutler has helped provide, but walking on eggshells in order to avoid upsetting your man child quarterback has to be tedious.

He's shown alot of balls taking the lead as a poster child for mental health - and done a ton of philanthropy in that regard since being diagnosed, not the type of thing one does if you can barely remember your own name, meds or not.

Exactly. The guy has issues, but at least hes addressed it and used his illness to help others. Unlike, say, Richie Incognito.

Marshall still has a ways to go to atone for his sins but his demons were a part of his sickness and hes actively trying to pay off the debt. I suppose ohall can't appreciate that. Strange, because i could have sworn ive seen posts from him stressing the importance of mental health after a public shooting. How bizarre.

He's prob on so many meds he's lucky if he remembers his own name.

Really hope just a crude failed attempt at humor.... the guy learns new offenses, set up a foundation, goes around making public announcements at high end colleges, etc.. Could have easily used mental health as reason to get away with all his wrong doings, instead stepped up to plate for himself and started working on him and in long run helping others.

Yep, this is clearly a guy that can't remember his own name :tumbleweed:
[video=youtube;Md0rgnhaibY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md0rgnhaibY[/video]

He is Great...but...this list reminds me of Kim Kardasian...WHO CARES
or for all you twiter twats.
#whocares

OTOH, I'm wondering if the tables were turned, just how many players would list Marshall among their best teammates.

My guess would be "zero point zero"

Ehhh I don't know about that. He's been a dominant receiver at times!

Ehhh I don't know about that. He's been a dominant receiver at times!

Dominant but not a winning receiver, so where's that too. And considering Matt Moore sent him to the Pro Bowl and all he did there was bad mouth him, a leopard doesn't change its spots.. so I rest my case.

Dominant but not a winning receiver, so where's that too. And considering Matt Moore sent him to the Pro Bowl and all he did there was bad mouth him, a leopard doesn't change its spots.. so I rest my case.

Yeah he may not be the most mature off the field but still, I wouldn't mind having Marshall (the player) on the team. I just don't see much from him this coming up year with Geno at QB.

So? Still doesn't change the fact those meds have side effects. Never mind that combined with his EGO.

You don't take medication for a personality disorder. You talk to a therapist and most likely use some sort of cognitive-behavioral therapy to change your behavior. Medication is used to treat organic issues within the physical brain, such as dopamine or serotonin levels. There is nothing of the sort with a personality disorder, so medication is useless. Your comment was insensitive and ill informed.

You don't take medication for a personality disorder. You talk to a therapist and most likely use some sort of cognitive-behavioral therapy to change your behavior. Medication is used to treat organic issues within the physical brain, such as dopamine or serotonin levels. There is nothing of the sort with a personality disorder, so medication is useless. Your comment was insensitive and ill informed.

He's talked about being on meds. I have no idea what his current diagnosis is, but he has been diagnosed with a few disorders. But Borderline personality disorder is most certainly treated with meds. I'm sure he has more than just one issue he's dealing with. Insensitive? lol OK.

He's an asshole, who just happens to have a few screws loose. His biggest issue is he's an ego centric asshole. I know about mental issues. I worked 9-years in the psych field, so save your usual holier than thou attitude. It was a joke, you don't like the joke, as per usual, then don't freaking read it.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-07-30/sports/fl-brandon-marshall-borderline-person20110730_1_michi-nogami-marshall-brandon-marshall-dolphins-receiver

He's talked about being on meds. I have no idea what his current diagnosis is, but he has been diagnosed with a few disorders. But Borderline personality disorder is most certainly treated with meds. I'm sure he has more than just one issue he's dealing with. Insensitive? lol OK.

He's an asshole, who just happens to have a few screws loose. His biggest issue is he's an ego centric asshole. I know about mental issues. I worked 9-years in the psych field, so save your usual holier than thou attitude. It was a joke, you don't like the joke, as per usual, then don't freaking read it.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-07-30/sports/fl-brandon-marshall-borderline-person20110730_1_michi-nogami-marshall-brandon-marshall-dolphins-receiver

If he is on medication it is for a co-occurring disorder, likely bipolar disorder which is common with someone with Borderline. None of these medications have any effect on someone's memory. Someone who has worked within the psych field for 9 years should know this and be more sensitive to the topic. Joke or not, I guarantee there are dozens of people reading your comment who have a mental illness that you're making feel like **** with comments like that. Not cool man.

If he is on medication it is for a co-occurring disorder, likely bipolar disorder which is common with someone with Borderline. None of these medications have any effect on someone's memory. Someone who has worked within the psych field for 9 years should know this and be more sensitive to the topic. Joke or not, I guarantee there are dozens of people reading your comment who have a mental illness that you're making feel like **** with comments like that. Not cool man.

You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Marshal, or do I. As far as specifics with his condition goes. I'm sorry you didn't like my joke (not really). If you ever worked in the psych field, you'd understand just how mild of a joke it was. If someone was offended by my joke, they maybe need to go see their doctor so they can get an increase in their meds.

I'm sorry you had to try and earn your PC police salary this week.

Right, meds have side effects, but you basically dismissed his opinion as coming from an invalid due to medication - hence the beef.

That said, this is a football forum, i'm not gonna say we can't make jokes about whatever, but i do have alot of respect for what Marshall has done outside of football - more good for the world than i've done personally (which is something)

Right, meds have side effects, but you basically dismissed his opinion as coming from an invalid due to medication - hence the beef.

That said, this is a football forum, i'm not gonna say we can't make jokes about whatever, but i do have alot of respect for what Marshall has done outside of football - more good for the world than i've done personally (which is something)

There should be no beef, it was a joke. If someone has an issue with my original comment, then IMO they need to seek help. Everyone has a different sense of humor. Some ppl should grow up and realize that.

I have very little respect for Marshall. However that has ZERO to do with his mental issues. It has everything to do with him being a 1st class ass hat.

The PC police thing that so many seem to love to try and embrace today, it gets freaking old.

I wonder who would consider Brandon Marshall their best teammate. I would think the list would be real small or even non-existent.

Back
Top Bottom