Brandon Marshall on Revis Island | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Revis Island

So by occupying the best defender on the field it doesn't open opportunities for others? Allowing them to exploit mismatches easier? With Marshall taking Revis out of the equation on a lot of the passing plays it's going to be Bess over the middle without Revis help....Bess vs Cromartie or vs their Rookie CB. In a 3 receiver set it'll be Hartline vs a linebacker who drops into coverage. You dont like that mismatch? You're telling me it doesn't help? No offense you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. :rolleyes2:
the argument that was trying to be made here was that if Revis/Marshall cancel each other out that the dolphins rbs, te, and other wr's would have more of a chance to dominate the game. If it takes 1 person to cancel Marshall out then that is in the Jets defense favor. Usually it takes 2 people to cancel Marshall out. With the Jets it would only take 1 player............

the argument that was trying to be made here was that if Revis/Marshall cancel each other out that the dolphins rbs, te, and other wr's would have more of a chance to dominate the game. If it takes 1 person to cancel Marshall out then that is in the Jets defense favor. Usually it takes 2 people to cancel Marshall out. With the Jets it would only take 1 player............

No...you said the Jets "dont have to worry about Marshall" which is wrong right off the bat. And because Revis is that good....it works to the Fins favor that he will be neutralized a good portion of the time. Look I'm a realist....the Jets defense has done nothing but upgrade and they are already better on paper than they were last year..which is tough considering the defense was top notch last year. HOWEVER football is all about exploiting mismatches and on offense it's about taking what the defense gives you as well as finding holes. How can you say with Revis occupied it doesn't help? Marshall helps from day one simply because the Jets HAVE to pay attention to him.

Then Tony can you please do me a favor and explain to me how was it that last year the Dolphins were still able to pass it on the Jets D? And that was without Marshall. Those same receivers that Henne used to beat the Jets last season are still on the team(minus Ginn). So how can you say that if Reevis cancels Marshall it isn't an advantage for the Dolphins?

Then Tony can you please do me a favor and explain to me how was it that last year the Dolphins were still able to pass it on the Jets D? And that was without Marshall. Those same receivers that Henne used to beat the Jets last season are still on the team(minus Ginn). So how can you say that if Reevis cancels Marshall it isn't an advantage for the Dolphins?
they out played the Jets last year no doubt about that. after the jets were handed a win by the colts something clicked, and they played lights out. (until the jets secondary strickland, lito were injured, and peyton figured out the defense.. yeah throw on 4th 5th string cbs.....)

but no doubt the phins took it to the jets hard last year. owned us with wildcat and then the jets owned the wildcat, but the phins still found a way to win. mr bust teddy gin having a big time career victory.

I think our friend Tony is just drinking the kool-aid that tells everyone Revis is a one man wrecking crew. I give Revis all his props....he's a top 2 cover corner in the league...depending on who you like better him or Asomugha. BUT ...the addition of Marshall immediately helps the Dolphins chances in keeping his impact to a minimum. Revis still plays as part of the defense...as Marshall will play part of the offense You're right about the Fins still being able to pass some on the Jets last year for sure...add Marshall into the mix and it can only help.

they out played the Jets last year no doubt about that. after the jets were handed a win by the colts something clicked, and they played lights out. (until the jets secondary strickland, lito were injured, and peyton figured out the defense.. yeah throw on 4th 5th string cbs.....)

but no doubt the phins took it to the jets hard last year. owned us with wildcat and then the jets owned the wildcat, but the phins still found a way to win. mr bust teddy gin having a big time career victory.

Ok you're clearly not insane. This post is correct all the way. Listen we aren't saying the Jets didn't have something "click"...but you said having Marshall on the field doesn't help or create mismatches. You also said "the jets don't have to worry about Marshall" which makes no sense at all. I agree with this post but your first post was just...ehh....plain dumb.

Ok you're clearly not insane. This post is correct all the way. Listen we aren't saying the Jets didn't have something "click"...but you said having Marshall on the field doesn't help or create mismatches. You also said "the jets don't have to worry about Marshall" which makes no sense at all. I agree with this post but your first post was just...ehh....plain dumb.
whatever i see what you mean, but the past says when revis is covering 1 player all game that player doesnt have much of a shot. I know Marshall is a top 5 wr in this game, but to see what revis has done against andre johnson, colston, smith, moss, etc, and plus those teams had superior qb's than miami does.

its hard to believe marshall will have anything close to a field day against revis, and easier to believe revis would have one on marshall.

thats why the games are played though, and we will see.

whatever i see what you mean, but the past says when revis is covering 1 player all game that player doesnt have much of a shot. I know Marshall is a top 5 wr in this game, but to see what revis has done against andre johnson, colston, smith, moss, etc, and plus those teams had superior qb's than miami does.

its hard to believe marshall will have anything close to a field day against revis, and easier to believe revis would have one on marshall.

thats why the games are played though, and we will see.

Our conversation wasn't Revis' impact that Tony...it was what the OTHER players on the team are able to do now because Marshall will take Revis out of the equation and how you dismissed it. I don't care if Marshall has a total of 3 catches in two games for 5 yards against the Jets....as long as Bess/Hartline and co. have 30 catches for 350 yards and 8 TD's in two games. Catch my drift? The addition of Marshall will keep him occupied...more often than not.

Our conversation wasn't Revis' impact that Tony...it was what the OTHER players on the team are able to do now because Marshall will take Revis out of the equation and how you dismissed it. I don't care if Marshall has a total of 3 catches in two games for 5 yards against the Jets....as long as Bess/Hartline and co. have 30 catches for 350 yards and 8 TD's in two games. Catch my drift? The addition of Marshall will keep him occupied...more often than not.

That's exactly what I said in a previous post somewhere else. That I don't care if Marshall has 1 or 2 receptions. As long as the Dolphins win and the other receivers were able to do what they wanted too.

My question then was would the Jets fans still come here and claim that Reevis shut down Marshall? It's sad but I feel that they would.

What Jets fans don't seem to realize or acknowledge is that the additional of Marshall opens it up for the other receivers. What I want to know if what do the Jets think of their other cb's versus the Dolphin's wrs? I hope they don't claim the baby making machine (antonio Crom) is going to come in and do well immediatley, they haven't even seen him play in this scheme yet. I'ver heard them claim he will do well because of it but if they are truthful with themselves they will realize that as we stand right now their D is going to have their hands full with the other Dolphins wrs.

That's exactly what I said in a previous post somewhere else. That I don't care if Marshall has 1 or 2 receptions. As long as the Dolphins win and the other receivers were able to do what they wanted too.

My question then was would the Jets fans still come here and claim that Reevis shut down Marshall? It's sad but I feel that they would.

What Jets fans don't seem to realize or acknowledge is that the additional of Marshall opens it up for the other receivers. What I want to know if what do the Jets think of their other cb's versus the Dolphin's wrs? I hope they don't claim the baby making machine (antonio Crom) is going to come in and do well immediatley, they haven't even seen him play in this scheme yet. I'ver heard them claim he will do well because of it but if they are truthful with themselves they will realize that as we stand right now their D is going to have their hands full with the other Dolphins wrs.

Exactly. :hclap:

What alot of people seem to forget about our other receivers is that they know how to run routes, Hartline and Bess are pretty damn fast, and Camarillo is Mr. StickyHands in the clutch.

What makes Marshall one of the elite receivers in the game is he needs to be double teamed and safeties can only be so many places. Combine that with our run game and we got a pretty potent offensive attack. Its officially up to Henne to make the smart throws

What alot of people seem to forget about our other receivers is that they know how to run routes, Hartline and Bess are pretty damn fast, and Camarillo is Mr. StickyHands in the clutch.

What makes Marshall one of the elite receivers in the game is he needs to be double teamed and safeties can only be so many places. Combine that with our run game and we got a pretty potent offensive attack. Its officially up to Henne to make the smart throws

Agreed again. Two good posts in a row. Wooohoo.:up:

Okay so everytime benefits from facing revis, because the rest of the field opens up since revis shuts down a huge portion of it........ aight gotcha guys.

I heard Revis was soooooo good that their going to cut the rest of the secondary and just have him free roam the field all by himself.

[youtube]MyPtJF-IgPc[/youtube]

If you don't think that its going to be a matchup that goes back and forth you are living in a gang green bubble

I heard Revis was soooooo good that their going to cut the rest of the secondary and just have him free roam the field all by himself.

[youtube]MyPtJF-IgPc[/youtube]

If you don't think that its going to be a matchup that goes back and forth you are living in a gang green bubble

Revis got beat badly once all year for a touchdown. Just one time! By a guy that's so terrible he was a first round draftee who got traded for a fifth round pick. Not because of off the field issues like Santonio Holmes, but for on the field issues. (being God-awful). Revis had bad technique on one play and paid for it. Fair enough. Does that discount all the times Revis has gotten the upper hand on Ginn? What about the blanket he threw on him in every other game he's had against the Jets as a receiver? What about the interception against playing Ginn straight up in the first game of '08?

Talk about being in gang green bubble!!?!?! You act is if Revis getting torched by Ginn takes away from him shutting down everyone else. Including Brandon Marshall in 2008 against Denver with a better QB than Chad Henne!!! Oh come on!

Back
Top Bottom