"Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami"

Shows how much he knows about football. Jerry Rice in his prime would be productive anywhere there is a football.

Absolutely. Rice made Montana/Young great as much as they made him. Shame Marshall didn't have the effort or patience to cultivate that kind of affinity with the guys here. Though Henne/Moore is nowhere at all close to Montana/Young lol. Still, there's him being crazy/dropping tons of balls/underperforming his contract value/still having off-field issues/complaining to the media to be disappointed about.

He should just STFU, coming off as an idiot and hurting his credibility.

brandon marshall has bpd, he doesn't even know himself. what a joke of an individual.

Under normal circumstances I would agree. But coming from him and the many key passes he has dropped, I don't think it his his place to be critical of anything.

i dont even care to read what he said, the fact is, he could've been very productive if he could catch the ball when it mattered. I can think of about 4 Td's and maybe 200 yards that he let go (or ran out on).

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
marshalle1330887254842-1.jpg
Getty ImagesBrandon Marshall says he’s glad the Dolphins traded him to the Bears this offseason because he doesn’t think he would have been effective in Miami this year. In fact, he doesn’t think any wide receiver in NFL history would have been effective in Miami this year.
In an interview on 740 The Game, Marshall took a parting shot at the Dolphins, saying he thinks they were wise to trade him because in their offense, with their quarterbacks, they wouldn’t have been able to put him in a position to make plays.
“It doesn’t make any sense to pay a guy $2 million and only expect him to have 60 or 65 receptions, or 70 receptions in this new offense,” Marshall said. “And also, if you don’t have a quarterback, it doesn’t matter who you have out there. You can bring Jerry Rice back in his prime and he’s not going to be effective. So it makes sense on a business end, and also the fit just philosophy-wise, wasn’t there. I can understand the change, and honestly this is the best move that could have happened for both sides.”
Marshall is so happy to have a quarterback who can get him the ball in Chicago — his old friend and teammate Jay Cutler — that he calls the Bears a “dream organization.” Still, Marshall says he has no hard feelings for Miami.
“I wish the Dolphins the best of luck, and the guys on the team,” Marshall said. “I have a lot of friends there. I hope they get a chance to turn it around and start winning because that fan base is desperate for some wins.”
Marshall just doesn’t think that fan base is going to see any big plays from the wide receiver position. No matter who the wide receivers are.

Back to the old BM I see.

he would be more effective than Marshall .. he actually CAUGHT passes!!!

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Dear Mr Marshall .. no one is effective from jail either!!

one more thing to add... how the **** would he know if jerry rice would be effective in miami or not? this ******* didn't even know who sterling sharpe was.

mother****er! that ho should have finished the job and stabbed him twice

BM (which are fitting initials for this man) is dangerously approaching TO and Chad Ochocinco territory. Where they were productive in their prime then vastly falling off very fast. All three are loud mouthed divas, only differnce was TO and Ochocinco never hit women or got in trouble with the law (at least to my memory) they were just selfish recievers. I think once Ochocincos productivety fell off he become a little humble.

With that said, BM will have a decent year because he'll be motivated and his boyfriend (Cutler) to make out with pre and post game, but once they start to lose or if Cutler goes down and Cambell cant get him the ball as much as he wants he's gonna throw a fit again.

Back
Top Bottom