Braylon Edwards is on the block | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards is on the block

Football Outsiders may have some flawed system that puts perhaps too much emphasis on opposing D's strengths. Ginn was an improvement his 2nd year. Put the man in space, isolate him on the edge and he will do damage. Unfortunately our high percentage passing qb (and as posted several times before not a knock just being real) has limitations with his strength and accuracy on his deep ball. So, Ginn's YAC and any other deep threat receiver's on this team will be important. Without looking at the stats in front of me how many yards did the ball travel to get to Ginn's hands on avg this past year; of course leaving out YAC numbers? Just curious.

I would trade a 2nd and Brandon London for Braylon Edwards.

We should keep London. He's been good and I think in time will develop into a starter.

Agreed, altough who knows if hellbe a starter, he has been solid while he has been in, both blocking and recieveing, to trade him this early.. i hope they decide to keep him

I heard from several different people that Edwards is on the block. The only link I can supply is this one: http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/102?refresh=0

Adam Schefter said the Browns are shopping around Winslow AND Edwards. We have no need for Winslow, but we definitely could use Edwards.

Do you think trading our first to them for Edwards and a fourth would be worth it? I know he has cases of the dropsies, but I attribute most of that to Derek Anderson's less than accurate passes. The best part is it's a late first and there really isn't good value where we pick.
Actually Winslow could be more useful to us than Edwards. Edwards is more of a deep threat and Winslow is much more rounded.

It wasn't only him that had a bad year. The whole browns team was off all year. I think most of the team pretty much mailed it in early, which is why Romeo got canned.

I'd offer one of our 2nds and see if they are interested. I don't see the harm in that. A supremely talented wideout who could be our true #1 with the right coaching and support.

Also, this would give us the #2 and #3 overall draft picks from 2005 on the same team. Sounds pretty good to me! :)

I heard from several different people that Edwards is on the block. The only link I can supply is this one: http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/102?refresh=0

Adam Schefter said the Browns are shopping around Winslow AND Edwards. We have no need for Winslow, but we definitely could use Edwards.

Do you think trading our first to them for Edwards and a fourth would be worth it? I know he has cases of the dropsies, but I attribute most of that to Derek Anderson's less than accurate passes. The best part is it's a late first and there really isn't good value where we pick.

I'm going to attribute his drops directly to his hands.

theres another thread going on saying we tendered an offer to london. looks like he will probably be staying.

a sign pointing to WR becoming a bit less important in the upcoming draft.

It’s not just that he drops passes, it’s when he drops them. I live in CLE and he’s been the goat for no less than 5 of the Browns losses in ‘08. IMHO, he’s a drive killer (at least in Ice Station CLE) but he’s at least worth a look. That said, I’d go no higher than a heavily conditioned 5th.

Why so low ?! The Browns are REALLY hurting for picks since they traded so many away in the past 2 seasons. They're behind an 8-ball the size of Juipter with only 4 picks. The fans want him gone and Randy Lerner caves to fan pressure every time, so he can get back to the UK and his true love Astin Villa FC.

Just look at what happened with Chad. Jests fans and media, had labeled him as a noodle-arm and a grand master choke artist. Change of scenery, getting out of the Meadowlands notorious wind tunnel, and the Phins went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

conditional fourth that can turn into a third. final offer.

I would have to say he is better than any WR we would find in the third or fourth round. I would personally drive the 24 hours to miami, to bitchslap him if he continued the drops.

Back
Top Bottom