Braylon Edwards is our pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards is our pick

MadDawg020

SmartGuy
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I am now believing that Braylon Edwards should be our 1st round pick. Let me explain.

One of the pressing concerns on this team is RB. However, through all the latest developments, it seems clear to me that Saban wants to take care of the RB position in FA, whether this means signing Lamont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, or Ricky Williams coming back. In any case, I think out RB issues will be resolved in FA. For now, let's just assume we sign Jordan.

That being said, another pressing issue is the offensive line. As far as LT goes, I am confident that will also be resolved in FA. This could mean signing W. Jones, Samuels, etc., or it could mean sticking with McIntosh. McIntosh has been debated about already on a couple of threads, but I know I have confidence in him for next season, since he will be fully recovered from injury and have a full training camp under his belt with some GOOD COACHES. He showed some very good improvement throughout this season. For now, let's assume we keep DMac.

Next, I think we should pursue a trade with Surtain for a 2nd rd pick. (This also has been beaten to death already, so let's just say it happens.)

Now, in the draft, let's say we can trade down 2-3 spots and pick up a 2nd rounder. At that spot, we pick up Braylon Edwards. With our 2 2nd rd picks (one from trade and one from Surtain), we take David Baas and A. Hawthorne/DT/DE. Now, our starting line up looks like this on O:

QB - Feeley
RB - Jordan
WR - Chambers, Edwards, Booker!! (This is what I think Saban meant by an explosive offense)
TE - McMichael
OL - DMac, James, Baas (they say he could easily be moved to center), Hadnot, Carey

That looks absolutely great if you ask me. And on defense, we'll have the big fat run stuffing oaf we need in the middle along with Chester. The bottom line is: Edwards makes our offense ridiculously explosive, and our 3-WR sets can take advantage of the newly enforced contact rules. I mean seriously, can we really pass up the opportunity to have Chambers and Edwards on opposite ends?

This seems like a very likely scenario if you look at what I've proposed...nothing out of the ordinary. It's very possible, and I'm getting excited...I think this is where Saban is going with his importance on offense.

Edwards is not our pick because we aren't going to pick something that we don't need when we can get a talent just as good at a position we do need.

I think Edwards will be in the mix for that 2nd pick. The top 5 guys in this draft are all very closely rated together, and they could go off the board in any order.

IMO, when it is all said and done, Miami will be looking at these five players with that pick:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, 6'2", 220 lbs, California
2. Alex Smith, QB, 6'4", 212 lbs, Utah
3. Cedric Benson, RB, 6'0", 220 lbs, Texas
4. Braylon Edwards, WR, 6'3", 217 lbs, Michigan
5. Ronnie Brown, RB, 6'1", 228 lbs, Auburn

MadDawg020 said:
The more I think about it, the more I am now believing that Braylon Edwards should be our 1st round pick. Let me explain.

One of the pressing concerns on this team is RB. However, through all the latest developments, it seems clear to me that Saban wants to take care of the RB position in FA, whether this means signing Lamont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, or Ricky Williams coming back. In any case, I think out RB issues will be resolved in FA. For now, let's just assume we sign Jordan.

That being said, another pressing issue is the offensive line. As far as LT goes, I am confident that will also be resolved in FA. This could mean signing W. Jones, Samuels, etc., or it could mean sticking with McIntosh. McIntosh has been debated about already on a couple of threads, but I know I have confidence in him for next season, since he will be fully recovered from injury and have a full training camp under his belt with some GOOD COACHES. He showed some very good improvement throughout this season. For now, let's assume we keep DMac.

Next, I think we should pursue a trade with Surtain for a 2nd rd pick. (This also has been beaten to death already, so let's just say it happens.)

Now, in the draft, let's say we can trade down 2-3 spots and pick up a 2nd rounder. At that spot, we pick up Braylon Edwards. With our 2 2nd rd picks (one from trade and one from Surtain), we take David Baas and A. Hawthorne/DT/DE. Now, our starting line up looks like this on O:

QB - Feeley
RB - Jordan
WR - Chambers, Edwards, Booker!! (This is what I think Saban meant by an explosive offense)
TE - McMichael
OL - DMac, James, Baas (they say he could easily be moved to center), Hadnot, Carey

That looks absolutely great if you ask me. And on defense, we'll have the big fat run stuffing oaf we need in the middle along with Chester. The bottom line is: Edwards makes our offense ridiculously explosive, and our 3-WR sets can take advantage of the newly enforced contact rules. I mean seriously, can we really pass up the opportunity to have Chambers and Edwards on opposite ends?

This seems like a very likely scenario if you look at what I've proposed...nothing out of the ordinary. It's very possible, and I'm getting excited...I think this is where Saban is going with his importance on offense.
Lots of "ifs" in there but, I agree with your over all concept....I believe WR would like Braylon Edwards would put this young upward trending offense over the top and make it truly explosive

KB21 said:
I think Edwards will be in the mix for that 2nd pick. The top 5 guys in this draft are all very closely rated together, and they could go off the board in any order.

IMO, when it is all said and done, Miami will be looking at these five players with that pick:

You don't think we'll trade down KB?

Lots of "ifs" in there but, I agree with your over all concept....I believe WR would like Braylon Edwards would put this young upward trending offense over the top and make it truly explosive

not if we don't have a line prtecting the QB and a respectable running game

iceblizzard69 said:
Edwards is not our pick because we aren't going to pick something that we don't need when we can get a talent just as good at a position we do need.
And what position would that be? I explained how we take care of RB and OL in FA and with David Baas, and get a DT/DE. So what position are you talking about? Edwards is like the next Marvin Harrison.

KB21 said:

i like u u got that right for those players

MelbournePhin said:

not if we don't have a line prtecting the QB and a respectable running game
yah think?? :goof:

I fully expect all three areas to be addressed in FA and the draft.

MadDawg020 said:

I dont think anything is clear as far as who we're possible going after. Nothing other than speculation by reporters has come from the organization. The media has been given the boot and no longer are able to get the kind of information we are use to getting.

I fully expect all three areas to be addressed in FA and the draft.

WR is OK if we keep D-bO. we need to focus on D-line, O-line and RB

Back
Top Bottom