Braylon Edwards is our pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards is our pick

I think it Depends on Boston

WOuld you all agree that IF Boston gets Cut, THen we go Edwards/Williams for that Explosive Offensive. We don't want Thompson at a big play maker , cause he is not, just casue he made that one catch, He also dropped 4 or 5 that could of won us some games! So if Boston is out...Braylon!!!

Mike Williams doesn't have the speed to stretch the field vertically, which is most important to me. And David Terrell was not considered of the same caliber as Edwards is now...people are calling Edwards almost uncoverable at times...that was never said about Terrell. In fact, if you remember, Terrell and Freddie Mitchell were pretty close in grade when the draft rolled around. (Both were taken ahead of Chambers...haha, I guess we got the last laugh on that one).

You are incorrect. The two that were graded closely in that draft were David Terrell and Koren Robinson. Originally, Chris Chambers was rated 3rd right behind them, but he began falling down draft boards because people began liking the production of other guys in the draft and Chambers worked in a run-first offense, were afraid he was too unpolished. By draft day, Rod Gardner had slid up everyone's draft board, so had Freddie "Hollywood" Mitchell. The X-factor WR was Santana Moss because by rights he should have been the best WR on the board PERIOD, however he's a mighty midget standing probably at 5'9" if not 5'8" and so everyone shied away from him, except the Jets, who took him right behind Rod Gardner. Also, the other UM standout, Reggie Wayne really climbed a lot of boards because of his consistency, and he was taken at #30....followed by Quincy Morgan, Chad Johnson, and Robert Ferguson.

Of the WRs taken in the first two rounds that year, only Robert Ferguson and Freddie Mitchell have failed to produce a better season than Chambers' best season. All of the others have 1000 yard seasons to their name, or in Quincy Morgan's case, close to 1000 yards (964).

Can anyone say, we need to finally get ourselves a QB before Chambers wastes away to nothing?

ckparrothead said:
We need a franchise LT easily as much as we need a franchise QB, and franchise RB.

Exactly. How the hell is the QB gonna get Edwards the ball with Damion McIntosh blocking from that left tackle position? Apart from LaMont Jordan, his theory is ridiculous.

Exactly. How the hell is the QB gonna get Edwards the ball with Damion McIntosh blocking from that left tackle position? Apart from LaMont Jordan, his theory is ridiculous.

Similarly, how is an advantage-taker (as opposed to a creator) like Lamont Jordan going to give us the running game we need when we can't seal on run plays or get someone out past the first level from the tackle position?

In this league, I've always felt this way, but you NEED a good tackle tandem to be successful with any kind of consistency.

X-Con said:
You guys are way too quick dismiss DMac. If you had been watching him all season, particularly towards the end, you would've noticed great improvement as the season went along. There's a reason why Feeley had his better games towards the end of the year. Plus, he had Tony Wise coaching him. Enough said.

ckparrothead said:
Similarly, how is an advantage-taker (as opposed to a creator) like Lamont Jordan going to give us the running game we need when we can't seal on run plays or get someone out past the first level from the tackle position?

In this league, I've always felt this way, but you NEED a good tackle tandem to be successful with any kind of consistency.

Nah, what I'm saying is...if we settle for Jordan, we'll have enough money or be in the right draft position to acquire a LT.

But drafting Edwards would be ridiculous because that would take the #2 overall pick away from us.

we need defensive players, our dline is old, these guys can play in their first year

MadDawg020 said:
You guys are way too quick dismiss DMac. If you had been watching him all season, particularly towards the end, you would've noticed great improvement as the season went along. There's a reason why Feeley had his better games towards the end of the year. Plus, he had Tony Wise coaching him. Enough said.

Funny thing is...the Chargers fans were even quicker to dismiss D-Mac. Hmm, I don't know about you, but it seems as if their offensive line has made a drastic improvement since replaceing his worthless azz.

Bonedoc7777 said:
we need defensive players, our dline is old, these guys can play in their first year

Basically, we need a LT, RB, DT, S, & possibly a C. Obviously, we also need a vet QB to backup/compete with Feeley. I doubt Saban is comfortable with giving AJ the job.

There is no room on this team to be wasting a 1st-round pick on a damn receiver.

X-Con said:
Funny thing is...the Chargers fans were even quicker to dismiss D-Mac. Hmm, I don't know about you, but it seems as if their offensive line has made a drastic improvement since replaceing his worthless azz.
Oh, ok. So the Chargers have some sort of scouting and talent evaluating god on their team? So no free agent lineman can go somewhere else and be successful? Didn't know that. :evil:

What is David Boston`s cap number this year? I dont think he will take much of a pay cut....to much ego.

He will be gone.

That leaves us with Booker and Chambers.

I love Chambers, but he still has not taken it to that "next level".

Dont blame the QB`s, Terrell Owens made Garcia look good in 2003 didnt he?

Ask the Browns. T.O made Garcia look a good enough to get that big contract!!!!!

How much better does McNabb look now that he is throwing the ball to T.O?

That is the "next level".

Or what if one of them gets injured?

Then what?

Gilmore starting?

I dont think we are nearly as deep at WR as everyone professes.

As for drafting Alex Smith.......

THIS IS THE WEAKEST QB CLASS IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not force first round Draft picks out of QB`s that are not.

Rodgers and Smith do not go in the the first round last year......

Why would we take them with the #2 overall this year?

I think at # 2, you simply draft the "best player available".

And Braylon Edwards gets my vote.

KB21 said:
I think Edwards will be in the mix for that 2nd pick. The top 5 guys in this draft are all very closely rated together, and they could go off the board in any order.

IMO, when it is all said and done, Miami will be looking at these five players with that pick:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, 6'2", 220 lbs, California
2. Alex Smith, QB, 6'4", 212 lbs, Utah
3. Cedric Benson, RB, 6'0", 220 lbs, Texas
4. Braylon Edwards, WR, 6'3", 217 lbs, Michigan
5. Ronnie Brown, RB, 6'1", 228 lbs, Auburn
This is still dependant on the combines and the all star games. This list could change. KB are you sure about Ronnie Brown in the top 5.

IMO Saban will not look at RB in this draft. Just my opinion. I think he is going after RB in RA or trade.

There is no one at LT in the draft that I believe will be very good, but that's just my opinion. Like I said in my original post, I would be very happy if we could land a Walter Jones or Samuels, but I don't think that's very likely. It seems like people didn't read my original post...

MadDawg020 said:
Oh, ok. So the Chargers have some sort of scouting and talent evaluating god on their team? So no free agent lineman can go somewhere else and be successful? Didn't know that. :evil:

I'm sorry, but if you think this offense can succeed with Damion McIntosh at the LT spot........

Basically, in your theory...we make almost no changes with the offensive line. :confused:

X-Con said:
I'm sorry, but if you think this offense can succeed with Damion McIntosh at the LT spot........

Basically, in your theory...we make almost no changes with the offensive line. :confused:
What do you propose we do? Just curious...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom