Braylon Edwards is our pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards is our pick

MadDawg020 said:
What do you propose we do? Just curious...:cool:

The #1 need on this team is the LT spot, IMO. It's a must that we pick one up in free agency. Walter Jones, Chris Samuels, Jonas Jennings, Tra thomas, or somebody else...almost anybody would be an improvement over Damion McIntosh. The left tackle position is just as important as any other need on this team and we have to treat it that way.

X-Con said:
The #1 need on this team is the LT spot, IMO. It's a must that we pick one up in free agency. Walter Jones, Chris Samuels, Jonas Jennings, Tra thomas, or somebody else...almost anybody would be an improvement over Damion McIntosh. The left tackle position is just as important as any other need on this team and we have to treat it that way.
I completely agree with you! Didn't you read my original post? But at the same time, I think we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss McIntosh. We can't go spending an insane amount of money on a LT when there's so many other needs on this team. That's all I'm saying.

Forget Rodgers and Smith....those two QB's wouldn't have been selected early in last years draft....why take something at the wrong price, this year?
Benson is not the best running back in this draft...not by far....why spend a high pick for a running back, when there's so many to choose from?
B. Edwards has everything a team looks for...size, speed and hands...he would upgrade the Dolphins receiving corp....but do you take a receiver with the 2nd pick in the draft?
The Dolphins main needs are on offense...the Dolphins defense is good enough to win games...but not knowing what players will be cut soon...leaves us with too many unknowns.
The main needs on offense are Center and left tackle....without upgrade it doesn't matter who throws the football, or runs with the football, or catches the football.
If none of players in these two area's are worth the 2nd pick...then trade down and aquire either of them at the right price and place. Be it Alex Barron at tackle or Jason Brown at center...either would be fine at the right pick and place in the draft.

X-Con said:
I'm sorry, but if you think this offense can succeed with Damion McIntosh at the LT spot........

Basically, in your theory...we make almost no changes with the offensive line. :confused:

Yeah. Many people said the same thing about Atlanta's offensive line last year. They wouldn't win with Kevin Shaffer at left tackle. What a difference a good system and a good OL coach makes, huh?

KB21 said:
Yeah. Many people said the same thing about Atlanta's offensive line last year. They wouldn't win with Kevin Shaffer at left tackle. What a difference a good system and a good OL coach makes, huh?
Exactly my point.

MelbournePhin said:
why is everybody giving up on Boston?? we dont need to draft a WR
His contract needs to go

I'm glad you arent helping Saban and company during the draft. Edwards is not our pick, Mike Williams is not our pick becuase we wont, and shouldnt, take a WR. Especially with the #2 overall pick.

KB21 said:

Vick is left handed which slightly dimishes the need for an LT

MadDawg020 said:
The more I think about it, the more I am now believing that Braylon Edwards should be our 1st round pick. Let me explain.

One of the pressing concerns on this team is RB. However, through all the latest developments, it seems clear to me that Saban wants to take care of the RB position in FA, whether this means signing Lamont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, or Ricky Williams coming back. In any case, I think out RB issues will be resolved in FA. For now, let's just assume we sign Jordan.

That being said, another pressing issue is the offensive line. As far as LT goes, I am confident that will also be resolved in FA. This could mean signing W. Jones, Samuels, etc., or it could mean sticking with McIntosh. McIntosh has been debated about already on a couple of threads, but I know I have confidence in him for next season, since he will be fully recovered from injury and have a full training camp under his belt with some GOOD COACHES. He showed some very good improvement throughout this season. For now, let's assume we keep DMac.

Next, I think we should pursue a trade with Surtain for a 2nd rd pick. (This also has been beaten to death already, so let's just say it happens.)

Now, in the draft, let's say we can trade down 2-3 spots and pick up a 2nd rounder. At that spot, we pick up Braylon Edwards. With our 2 2nd rd picks (one from trade and one from Surtain), we take David Baas and A. Hawthorne/DT/DE. Now, our starting line up looks like this on O:

QB - Feeley
RB - Jordan
WR - Chambers, Edwards, Booker!! (This is what I think Saban meant by an explosive offense)
TE - McMichael
OL - DMac, James, Baas (they say he could easily be moved to center), Hadnot, Carey

That looks absolutely great if you ask me. And on defense, we'll have the big fat run stuffing oaf we need in the middle along with Chester. The bottom line is: Edwards makes our offense ridiculously explosive, and our 3-WR sets can take advantage of the newly enforced contact rules. I mean seriously, can we really pass up the opportunity to have Chambers and Edwards on opposite ends?

This seems like a very likely scenario if you look at what I've proposed...nothing out of the ordinary. It's very possible, and I'm getting excited...I think this is where Saban is going with his importance on offense.
Edwards may turn out to be a fine WR, but one he is not special and two Michigan WR scare me. They have too many bust from that school at that position.

Just like Texas running backs scare me, they have dreadlocks, smoke weed and quit on there team.:rolleyes:
With that kinda logic we should only draft QBs from Pitt or Prudue.

Hellion said:
Just like Texas running backs scare me, they have dreadlocks, smoke weed and quit on there team.:rolleyes:
With that kinda logic we should only draft QBs from Pitt or Prudue.

Bingo!!!!

That sort of irrational logic is just foolish.

IF WE DRAFT a RECEIVER AT #2, HE BETTER BE NAMED MIKE WILLIAMS!

Martel said:
IF WE DRAFT a RECEIVER AT #2, HE BETTER BE NAMED MIKE WILLIAMS!

To play Tight End?

Or maybe a possession receiver.

A 4.6 forty at last years combine/pro days.....

And a year away from the game...................

No Thanks.

Being a Michigan fan, I would LOVE to see Edwards in a Phins Jersey. However its just not a smart move.

KB21 said:
I think Edwards will be in the mix for that 2nd pick. The top 5 guys in this draft are all very closely rated together, and they could go off the board in any order.

IMO, when it is all said and done, Miami will be looking at these five players with that pick:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, 6'2", 220 lbs, California
2. Alex Smith, QB, 6'4", 212 lbs, Utah
3. Cedric Benson, RB, 6'0", 220 lbs, Texas
4. Braylon Edwards, WR, 6'3", 217 lbs, Michigan
5. Ronnie Brown, RB, 6'1", 228 lbs, Auburn
Mike Williams is the Best WR in the draft, Braylon edwards has a tendency to drop the easy ones and I don't think we really need a QB more than an O lineman, OLB, or DT.

Back
Top Bottom