Braylon Edwards Puts on a Show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards Puts on a Show

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
According to someone there, Edwards had a monumental day.

He apparently ran a 4.44 and a 4.46 and was outstanding running routes and catching the ball. Reported that he hasn't lost any ground on either Smith or Rodgers.

Marlin Jackson ran a 4.48 and apparently looked good, whilst Dave Baas was apparently excellent in his drills.

Ernest Shazor ran a disappointing 4.71 and 4.69, but got hurt on the 2nd run and sat the rest of the day out.

More as I get it.

Boomer said:

He apparently ran a 4.44 and a 4.46 and was outstanding running routes and catching the ball. Reported that he hasn't lost any ground on either Smith or Rodgers.

Marlin Jackson ran a 4.48 and apparently looked good, whilst Dave Baas was apparently excellent in his drills.

Ernest Shazor ran a disappointing 4.71 and 4.69, but got hurt on the 2nd run and sat the rest of the day out.

More as I get it.

Thanks for the news, Boomer. I'm hoping his outing will convince SF to take him with the first pick. I'm not holding my breath though.

Boomer said:

More as I get it.

Thanks Boomer, was hoping someone would report Michigans day. I'm surprised a bit that Marlin ran that well. I had him in the 4.55-4.6 range myself.

Shazor's time doesn't make me feel any different. He's an enforcer at the S position, not a cover guy. He'll be near the LOS and doing Roy Williams type of things.

I hope the 49ers were impressed with Braylon Edwards.

A disappointing 4.71 compared to a 4.44? What is that, half a shoe difference? What's that, half of a blink?

bigmiamifan said:
A disappointing 4.71 compared to a 4.44? What is that, half a shoe difference?

3/4 of a shoe difference when you compare a Clarett to a Brown. But look at the Georgia Tech kid yesterday run a 4.48. I appreciate that he's a bigger, closer to the line safety, but that's still the time and that's not what people hoped he would run.

Boys i tell you what, these top players are really making a show with there pro day workout.

bigmiamifan said:
A disappointing 4.71 compared to a 4.44? What is that, half a shoe difference? What's that, half of a blink?

Do you realize the difference in those times? and how much of a difference that is in a players speed?

From NFL.com

Edwards (6-2 7/8, 210) ran his 40s in 4.48 and 4.50. He had a 37½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-6 long jump, 4.38 short shuttle and 6.87 three-cone drill. It was described as a great workout, as Edwards didn't have one drop.

Coach Saban and Mooch were there.

Boomer said:

More as I get it.

was kinda hoping that he would run a Troy Williams-esque 4.38 so that the Niners would be drooling, but hopefully they like him as he is...

the Niners have 11 picks in the draft, so they could afford to take a guy like Edwards and draft 2 or 3 QBs if they see fit

they lost Wilson to the Steelers, and are basically left with Lloyd and Woods, so hopefully they will see Braylon and be sold

It might not be much difference when you look at them, but when a qb throws a deep ball and there is only that much difference the guy with the 4.4 will only have a chance, and they are usually quicker off the line as well.

PhinDude88 said:
Boys i tell you what, these top players are really making a show with there pro day workout.

That's what I'm saying almost every player that was looking in the top 10 are doing better then what expected! This is awesome, all these teams have to do is fall in love with one aspect of these players qualities, and will feel the need to trade up!

Maybe Shazor will fall to our 3rd round pick, That would be nice. As each of these kids continue to impress in their workouts, our pick is gaining value. cant wait til the draft

Back
Top Bottom