Braylon Edwards Puts on a Show | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards Puts on a Show

Jaj said:
So what it's a BIG downside to have the ball that low. If he can't fix the slow release he'll get DESTROYED in the NFL. I think he can improve it, but Rodgers in my mind is a much better QB right now.

Rodgers has the perfect position with the ball when in the pocket, Smith has the ball lower and brings it up. My point was about the actual point the ball leaves the QB's hand.

They are 1 and 1a. There's not a lot to choose between the 2. I think Rodgers will take longer - then I go back and watch him play USC and I falter. Then I watch Smith take team after team apart. It's tough.

One scout on Friday that, contrary to NFL.com's apparently neutral characterization of receiver Braylon Edwards' workout as "great," it was "average to say the least."

"I don't think he separated himself [from Mike Williams]," said the source. "If anything he fell a little."

Boomer said:
What at 6-4, 217, compared to Rodgers' 6-2, 221? Physically he's tall, holds the ball high, has a high release point - I don't recall ever seeing him have a pass tipped - he's tough as boots, he stands in the pocket till the last minute, etc etc etc.

Well if you have no clue, you should do your research. There's a bit of difference between answering questions in the Wonderlic test (cat or dog?) or the fact that he is so intelligent that he entered college as a junior academically because he took so many advanced placement courses in high school, earned a bachelors degree as a 20-year-old sophomore and was working on his masters degree as a junior, with a 4.0 GPA. A passer who ingested the complex Urban Meyer system and ran it to perfection. Along with Meyer, he studied the offenses at Ohio State, Illinois State, Colorado State and Notre Dame, then visited Randy Walker at Northwestern and learned about his empty-set backfields. He went to Louisville to talk to our coach Linehan, he went to West Virginia and saw how Rich Rodriguez produced ran the spread and he talked to Joe Tiller and Drew Brees about how they got the best out of their offense.

It was his job to on the field to digest the defense at the line of scrimmage and calls plays based on the defense's alignment, which he did every down.

STOP IT! Simon, just STOP! SHUUUUUUSH! Don't be talking all that nice stuff about the guy, I want us to draft! Man, SanFran is gonna here ya, and ruin my draft! I like Brown also, but I don't want to risk not having a friggin QB for a bunch of years like last time. So no more nice, nice, O.K.? My heart can't take another season like last year. ;)

Steve

Boomer said:
What at 6-4, 217, compared to Rodgers' 6-2, 221? Physically he's tall, holds the ball high, has a high release point - I don't recall ever seeing him have a pass tipped - he's tough as boots, he stands in the pocket till the last minute, etc etc etc.

Well if you have no clue, you should do your research. There's a bit of difference between answering questions in the Wonderlic test (cat or dog?) or the fact that he is so intelligent that he entered college as a junior academically because he took so many advanced placement courses in high school, earned a bachelors degree as a 20-year-old sophomore and was working on his masters degree as a junior, with a 4.0 GPA. A passer who ingested the complex Urban Meyer system and ran it to perfection. Along with Meyer, he studied the offenses at Ohio State, Illinois State, Colorado State and Notre Dame, then visited Randy Walker at Northwestern and learned about his empty-set backfields. He went to Louisville to talk to our coach Linehan, he went to West Virginia and saw how Rich Rodriguez produced ran the spread and he talked to Joe Tiller and Drew Brees about how they got the best out of their offense.

It was his job to on the field to digest the defense at the line of scrimmage and calls plays based on the defense's alignment, which he did every down.

I'm not questioning Smith's intelligence, I'm questioning how anyone can say he's smarter than Rodgers. Their wonderlic scores were virtually identical and they were both outstanding decision makers on the football field. Unless you've read or talked to someone who has broken down film and talked football with both guys and came away more impressed with one versus the other, I don't know what's leading you to believe Smith is smarter.

SWS84 said:
STOP IT! Simon, just STOP! SHUUUUUUSH! Don't be talking all that nice stuff about the guy, I want us to draft! Man, SanFran is gonna here ya, and ruin my draft! I like Brown also, but I don't want to risk not having a friggin QB for a bunch of years like last time. So no more nice, nice, O.K.? My heart can't take another season like last year. ;)

Steve

Eeek. Sorry Steve.

He's rubbish.....ahem.

General Tso said:
I'm not questioning Smith's intelligence, I'm questioning how anyone can say he's smarter than Rodgers. Their wonderlic scores were virtually identical and they were both outstanding decision makers on the football field. Unless you've read or talked to someone who has broken down film and talked football with both guys and came away more impressed with one versus the other, I don't know what's leading you to believe Smith is smarter.

Well the fact that he's the smartest QB in the draft by a country mile. If you'd read what I wrote you would have realised.

The Wonderlic hardly constitutes the be all and end all of a players intelligence or lackthereof.

Boomer said:
Eeek. Sorry Steve.

He's rubbish.....ahem.

There ya go! That's what I like to hear (read). I feel better now as he's in the bag. ;)

Steve

Back
Top Bottom