Braylon on trade block, Holt asked to be released per Rotoworld | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon on trade block, Holt asked to be released per Rotoworld

prove it who is a big name we traded for
You missed the point of my post entirely. We gave up plenty of low to mid picks for garbage or just plain wasted (the fourth for Carey). Feeley, Lamar Gordon, trading a fourth to move up one spot for Vernon Carey, and we won't mention the FA signings...

Trading a 3rd or 4th for an old WR on the way down the mountain is no better.

i say give them our late 2nd for Edwards, draft Cushing in the first and Connecticut CB in the 2nd or Brace NT

It's like "Wow! Look at those routes he's running. He's not catching anything but man those routes look nice."

Lol, yea. That pretty much sums it up.

I have seen Braylon play a bunch. On Sundays, I would usually go to my friend's house to watch the games because he had satellite tv. Now, this friend of mine had Braylon Edwards on his fantasy football team, so he would switch to the Browns games whenever the Browns were on offense and i was forced to watch (his house, his rules). And we would all sit there and watch Braylon drop a bunch of passes and listen to him flip out at Braylon and curse him out, and this went on all season long. It was actually pretty entertaining.

So when I read these posts saying that Braylon Edwards is the shiznit, it reminds me of my friend and it makes me laugh.

You missed the point of my post entirely. We gave up plenty of low to mid picks for garbage or just plain wasted (the fourth for Carey). Feeley, Lamar Gordon, trading a fourth to move up one spot for Vernon Carey, and we won't mention the FA signings...

Trading a 3rd or 4th for an old WR on the way down the mountain is no better.

And don't forget about trading for Daunte Culpepper, the one-legged wonder!! Ah, the memories. :crazy:

Loved him at Michigan but since going to Cleveland, he has developed that bad habit of dropping passes. I wouldn't give up much for him. Maybe Ted Ginn straight up!

Braylon had the dropsez at Michigan too. He couldnt catch a cold!

Lol, yea. That pretty much sums it up.

I have seen Braylon play a bunch. On Sundays, I would usually go to my friend's house to watch the games because he had satellite tv. Now, this friend of mine had Braylon Edwards on his fantasy football team, so he would switch to the Browns games whenever the Browns were on offense and i was forced to watch (his house, his rules). And we would all sit there and watch Braylon drop a bunch of passes and listen to him flip out at Braylon and curse him out, and this went on all season long. It was actually pretty entertaining.

So when I read these posts saying that Braylon Edwards is the shiznit, it reminds me of my friend and it makes me laugh.

I agree, I live in Browns country and have seen a lot of browns games. :crazy: I don't want him in a fins uni. Yes he had a 16 td season. Also has two seasons of 3 tds and another of 6 td's Plus as everyone knows a ton of drops. I would rather have chambers back before edwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys are being way too harsh. Braylon Edwards had a productive rookie year, a GREAT sophomore year, and kinda slumped in his 3rd year. His slump year was still not even bad. He dropped the ball a lot, no doubt, but he can fix that - his talent is natural though.

Given that, I would give up a 2nd round pick for him because he will be a very very good player in this league in the future.

Ideally, I would rather have Holt for free and give him a decent 2 year contract. (prob looking for a 4-5 year deal)

I think you guys are being way too harsh. Braylon Edwards had a productive rookie year, a GREAT sophomore year, and kinda slumped in his 3rd year. His slump year was still not even bad. He dropped the ball a lot, no doubt, but he can fix that - his talent is natural though.

Given that, I would give up a 2nd round pick for him because he will be a very very good player in this league in the future.

Ideally, I would rather have Holt for free and give him a decent 2 year contract. (prob looking for a 4-5 year deal)
When i hear of talented WR that drop the ball a lot but have a lot of promise all i can think of is CHAMBERS, CHAMBERS, CHAMBERS. Been there done that, i think we can move on.

i say give them our late 2nd for Edwards, draft Cushing in the first and Connecticut CB in the 2nd or Brace NT

Really?? Last time i checked Cushing is gonna go earlier than 25. and we can probally get a fresh reciver from college with our second pick.

Edwards led the league in dropped passes.
The whole team had terrible leadership and he dropped passes due to lack of caring IMO. not exactly a good excuse but its all I got. If he led the league in dropped passes it means he got open alot right?

When i hear of talented WR that drop the ball a lot but have a lot of promise all i can think of is CHAMBERS, CHAMBERS, CHAMBERS. Been there done that, i think we can move on.
Chambers never had a season like Edwards did in 07. Not even close really. Edwards is far and away better than Chambers. And thats saying a lot coming from me cuz I HATE Michigan players.

Holt would be nice if he got released. We need to draft a young WR but also a veteran presence

And don't forget about trading for Daunte Culpepper, the one-legged wonder!! Ah, the memories. :crazy:

You can not compare a player like Braylon to Daunte. Maybe a healthy Daunte but we did not trade for a healthy Daunte. Damn that doctor who said he was going to be better then Drew Bress.

Yes we traded for Ricky and did we not come within 1 win of making the playoffs his first year here?

Back
Top Bottom