Braylon on trade block, Holt asked to be released per Rotoworld | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon on trade block, Holt asked to be released per Rotoworld

I would give up a # 3 for him, this kid is terriffic, his bad year last year was better than any of the receivers the dolphins have on their squad.

If we can get him for a 3rd rounder, because of last years drops, do it. The guy is one year removed from being a top 5 WR in the league, and can easily be one again. He's young and will learn from last year's mistakes.

Braylon is on the trade block per rotoworld. I think he would be a great addition. But I think it will take a whole lot to get him. With Winslow gone Braylon is the man in Clev. I would give our 1st round pick for him in a heartbeat. He had a down year but before that he was killin it. ANd his down year was 55 rec , 873 yds, and 3 TD with shaky QB play. In 07 he had 80 rec, 1289 yds, and 17 TD and in 06 he had 61 rec, 884 yds, and 6 TD. He drops passes but to his defense the passes were terrible. DA throws a bad ball most of the time and his accuracy is in question. If it were between him and Boldin I would take Boldin but we still need a clear #1.The only thing I like better about Braylon is he is 2 yrs younger.

And I hope that we at least give Holt a call. He is 32 but has 3 maybe 4 good years left. He had a bad year too last year but it was also because of bad bad bad QB play. Holt has always produced. In 10 years he has only had less than 1188 yds 2 times. Once as a rookie he had 52 rec, 788 yds, and 6 TD. Which is better production than you are going to get from any rookie in this draft. And last year he had 64 rec, 796 yds, and 3 TD. Bottom Line the guy produces every year. He would be a perfect fit here. He doesnt care to go over the middle and has argueably the best hands in the NFL. I would have given the Rams our 3rd or 4th round pick for him but since they wont pay his bonus he will be a free agent.

NO WAY WOULD I GIVE UP A FIRST ROUNDER FOR HIM. DROPPED WAY 2 MANY PASSES, NOT BECAUSE OF A POORLY THROWN BALL, BECAUSE HE JUST PLAIN DROPPED THEM. I WATCHED A BUNCH OF THEIR GAMES LAST YEAR. I COULDNT BELIEVE SOME OF THE PASSES HE DROPPED.

Braylon needs to mature some, realise where he is (the NFL) and what he has to do to become a GREAT WR.... not a good WR like TO is!!!

Focus, work hard, and communicate with the QB... if Edward can get this going, he can become a very very good WR for some team. but??????

maybe we can swing a trade for Edwards and ROgers for our first and Wilford and maybe a 6th? that would solve 2 HUGE problems on our team!!

Not that we are anywhere close to getting the guy, but Edwards is going to be a very good and very productive receiver in this league when all is said and done.

Anyone who compares him to Chambers (who was my favorite Fin while he was here) couldn't see talent if it smacked you on the side of the head - this guy will be (and already is) so much better.

Edwards can be sooo great at times and then just disappear in games. Definately a bad year last year, but considering they had no QB for a chunk of the season. Sounds a lot like Moss when he was at the Raiders before the trade to NE. So why not make the same offer. Wasn't it a 4th rounder ? Maybe a conditional later round additional pick next year if he hits certain performance marks. But anything more than that . . . . I wouldn't do it.

would be a mistake to buy into a free agent contract @ WR
draft is deep & our stable is coming of age in 09
we need: NT, CB & WR in the 2009 draft not free agency

I would say yes to Edwards if we can put super glue on his gloves.

CliffordFranklin-1.jpg

clear.gif

I have a feeling the cost is going to be too high for Braylon Edwards. They aren't going to give him away.

Torry Holt, if released would be a great add. The guy still has 3 good years left in his tank I think.

Back
Top Bottom