BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill

So let's play hypothetical here and brain storm defenses and KC the past 2 seasons and especially the superbowl against TB.

How were TB able to stop them on offense with all those weapons including Hill?

Will that also be our Kryptonite? Whatever that formula was?
Pass rush and pressure.

Not going to lie, the domestic violence stuff disturbs me, but I really haven't read up on the whole story yet and I'm not going to let it upset me yet when I see a move that, in the context of what we've been doing, makes me feel confident we're at least a Super Bowl darkhorse this year or next (and before anyone downplays that, consider how many people thought the Bengals were good enough to get that far going into the past season).

I'm usually very jealously guarding of my draft picks, but I wasn't disappointed at all what we gave up today. It made perfect sense. It was a bold move to acquire one of the biggest difference-makers in the NFL.

What really has me hyped, though, is this acquisition fit with everything the Dolphins have been doing this offseason. This wasn't signing Suh to make a splash. This was making a splash after building and filling your infinity pool. The Dolphins have so many weapons right now and a coach who has the reputation of being innovative on offense. I'm not sure how teams are going to try to defend us and I'm optimistic that we'll start fast, unlike past years, because it's going to take opponent's defensive game-planners time to find and emulate something they might be able to exploit.

We kept together a defense that largely carried us to 19 wins over the past two seasons and got us a lot of extra possessions by making big plays and forcing turnovers. Now we have some proven commodities on the line (and guys that can coach the line), we have two proven, explosive running backs we didn't have last year, we took a very good group of WRs and TEs and made it great. And we have a QB whose strengths coming into the league in making reads and being accurate plays right into the deep, diverse personnel we have.

This has me so stoked. It's like our organization performed competently. I haven't seen that in decades. It's a great feeling.
Stuff happens in life.

First of all, Cincinnati’s offensive line wasn’t nearly as bad as Miami’s, and second, Miami’s skill position players couldn’t hold a candle to what Cincinnati was putting on the field. Throw in that Miami had one of the worst and least experienced offensive coaching staffs in the league, it’s easy to see why yo have different results.
I have learned that you really can’t point out the obvious to the Tua haters. They believe the Dolphins OL was great, the running backs were the best in the NFL and the receivers were top 5.

So with that belief or should I say delusion, everything wrong with the offense was due to the play of Tua.

I really wanted Linderbaum in the draft but that’s obviously not going to happen now. Tretter is still available but I doubt they will want to pay him the money he will likely be looking for.

The door isn’t completely closed yet.

There is an outside chance pick 19 could be attainable.

Eagles will assuredly be looking to acquire a 2023 first to give them a better chance at a new QB. Howie Roseman was recently extended so he’s got some job security (even though he sucks at drafting) and could/should be eyeing future assets.

I would use our 2023 first and Devante Parker for the basis of a trade offer and go from there. Howie also likes to take chances so Austin Jackson and Iggy would certainly perk his interest because if their age and draft pedigree.

I am not usually in favor of trading picks but circumstances have changed quickly in 36 hours.

Keep in mind 6 teams have multiple firsts. Only Green Bay with Rodgers is unlikely to be interested in future assets. And ruling out a deal with the Jets just because.

Giants are well out reach at 5 and 7 but something could happen with that high second.

Detroit, Houston, Philly and NYG have long term concerns at QB. Someone might really be keen on getting a jump start on the 2023 draft process. Especially given the fact that the GMs on all 4 of those teams shouldn’t be too concerned about their job security.

No matter what, hypothetical or not, I am offering our pick ahead of San Frans in any trade. Bridgewater’s presence ensures if the unfortunate happens, we won’t be subject to the Brissett debacle. Where as SF is a wild card right now and one would expect Lance has to be thrown out there.

Last edited:
Not that most of us need it, but here's a little something to crush the narratives that Pat Mahomes made Tyreek Hill and that Hill won't succeed with Tua (because he allegedly can't throw deep):

Tyreek Hill has 133 catches for 1,765 yards and has scored 20 touchdowns in 30 games with Alex Smith in his career.

An irrelevant and candid question…
I was arguing with my brother who do we rather have the Dolphins trade for?, assuming the cost of pics was similar, and all of them command a new contract:

D. Adams
T. Hill
DK
Deebo

I went: Adams, Hill, Deebo, DK

What I keep thinking about is how defensive coordinators are going to try to stop us….A huge question is how do you stop those crossing routes? Tua will almost never come to the line and see 8 in the box unless it’s 4th and 1. This is going to be fun to watch.

What I keep thinking about is how defensive coordinators are going to try to stop us….A huge question is how do you stop those crossing routes? Tua will almost never come to the line and see 8 in the box unless it’s 4th and 1. This is going to be fun to watch.
Good to see you came around brother Zim

Go Dolphins

There's no question that this is freaking exciting, we have not made a trade this big in... well... probably not since Paul Warfield (who we actually gave up more draft pick compensation points than Hill). ...and the Armstead signing, easily the biggest since the Suh signing, which obviously, did not work out.
We now have about two years to make it to a Super Bowl before the costs of this deal catch up with us. We'll start to lose premium players after 2023 (and possibly before), and while I am not complaining, I am here to note that it WILL happen. So, prepare yourselves from the losses, just like the Chiefs fans didn't (thank you Douglas Addams). Those Chiefs fans are screaming, just like our fans will be when this starts to happen, just as it did to the Patriots, to the Packers, to the Saints, and now... to the Chiefs.
This is the very nature of salary cap football, and this is how it was DESIGNED to run.
We WILL lose Howard, we WILL lose Byron Jones. We'll likely lose Christian Wilkins and/or Raekwon Davis... this is how it works. When you make huge investments in a player, you lose others.
EXPECT our drafts in 2023 and 2024 to be all about the defense. This is a foregone conclusion based upon what we'll be losing. It's purely cyclical.

But for now, enjoy this day.

Cover 6 under I believe is what I’m hearing from folks, makes the Qb have to try and throw deep, takes away the Short stuff

Back
Top Bottom