Breaking News | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News

Blueprint said:
Stupid, idiotic trade by Boston. Marcus Williams will be FAR better than Bassy, mark my words.

Not really stupid or idiotic. Neither team got hustled.

Your basing it on what you think the future if these guys will be and Ainge doesn't agree with you. I don't know what makes you think you know more than him and a crew of scouts but whatever.

The fact of the matter is that they are all prospects and no one knows how things will turn out in the end. Me, being the more rational person wants to wait and see how things turn out before basing such a hard prediction like that when there is no solid data to base one on.

Blueprint said:
I don't think Orlando would want Randy Roye with Jameer Nelson at PG.

Brandon Roy is almost the PERFECT fit for Orlando though........ :yes:

Foye is a combo guard who can and will play the 2 also.

Know who else was like that coming out of college?

That's right, the NBA Finals MVP.

Nappy Roots said:
Roy would be my dream pick. but i think Foye could be a very good SG for magic as well. he wants to play PG, but i think he would be fine at SG.
Jameer Nelson & Randy Foye in the backcourt? Way too undersized, IMO. I prefer Foye at PG.

Personally, I think J.J. Redick at #11 is just fine. I don't like Redick at all as an overall player, but he's one hell of a shotter - probably the purest shooter we've seen in a while. With Dwight Howard picking up double & sometimes drawing a third defender inside, talk about the impact Redick would have sitting back there with open jumper after open jumper after open jumper. :eek: - not to mention, Jameer Nelson is a great passer.

Blueprint said:
Jameer Nelson & Randy Foye in the backcourt? Way too undersized, IMO.

Personally, I think J.J. Redick at #11 is just fine. I don't like Redick at all as an overall player, but he's one hell of a shotter - probably the purest shooter we've seen in a while. With Dwight Howard picking up double & sometimes drawing a third defender inside, talk about the impact Redick would have sitting back there with open jumper after open jumper after open jumper. :eek: - not to mention, Jameer Nelson is a great passer.

yea redick is a good role player, but with him in the lineup, that would give us a total of 1 player that could create his own shot in jameer.

and how much smaller is foye compared to wade?

Dumb move by the Celtics.

I would take Roye and Williams over Telfair. That's just my opinion though.

This move could haunt the Rockets though. Gay or Roy could've fell to us at #8, but doesn't look like it will happen with the Blaizers having the #7 pick now.

I've heard that the Rockets-Hawks trade talks are back up again, so maybe we will trade the #8 pick + Luther Head to the Hawks for #5 pick.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Foye is a combo guard who can and will play the 2 also.

Know who else was like that coming out of college?

That's right, the NBA Finals MVP.
Yeah, but Dwyane Wade was a far different type of prospect. He was a combo guard who played SG at Marquette, and was forced into a PG role in Miami until Damon Jones came along in 2004. Dwyane Wade even pre-draft was a far better prospect and a lot more athletic, versatile, etc. I don't really like that comparison.. :cooldude:

I don't know, I just really prefer Randy Foye as a PG than a SG.

Nappy Roots said:
yea redick is a good role player, but with him in the lineup, that would give us a total of 1 player that could create his own shot in jameer.

and how much smaller is foye compared to wade?
Wade plays far bigger, which is what matters. He's closer to 6'5 than 6'3 though.

Blueprint said:
Yeah, but Dwyane Wade was a far different type of prospect. He was a combo guard who played SG at Marquette, and was forced into a PG role in Miami until Damon Jones came along in 2004. Dwyane Wade even pre-draft was a far better prospect and a lot more athletic, versatile, etc. I don't really like that comparison.. :cooldude:

I don't know, I just really prefer Randy Foye as a PG than a SG.

Wade plays far bigger, which is what matters. He's closer to 6'5 than 6'3 though.

But Foye's wingspan goes 6'7."

That's just as, if not more important than height. He's so tough and stocky too.

DolphinDevil28 said:
But Foye's wingspan goes 6'7."

That's just as, if not more important than height. He's so tough and stocky too.
Don't get me wrong, I like Randy Foye a lot, but he won't be a Dwyane Wade caliber player. I'd compare him more to a player like Chauncey Billups or so. I just prefer Foye at the PG spot much more than the 2-guard.

Personally, my absolute favorite player in this draft is Marcus Williams. :yes:

Blueprint said:
Don't get me wrong, I like Randy Foye a lot, but he won't be a Dwyane Wade caliber player. I'd compare him more to a player like Chauncey Billups or so. I just prefer Foye at the PG spot much more than the 2-guard.

Personally, my absolute favorite player in this draft is Marcus Williams. :yes:

Agreed.

If we didn't have Alston and if our biggest need wasn't a SG, then I'm all for drafting Williams at #8.

He isn't an exciting player, but he should run the floor nicely and help other players out on the court.

Danny Ainge, Mr. Trigger Finger, is another former NBA player who sucks as a GM, or Director of Basketball Opertions,,,,,2nd in sucking only to Isiah. :lol:

FiN.in.RI said:
Not really stupid or idiotic. Neither team got hustled.

Your basing it on what you think the future if these guys will be and Ainge doesn't agree with you. I don't know what makes you think you know more than him and a crew of scouts but whatever.

The fact of the matter is that they are all prospects and no one knows how things will turn out in the end. Me, being the more rational person wants to wait and see how things turn out before basing such a hard prediction like that when there is no solid data to base one on.

No...you are the completely irrational person who wants to believe Ainge over the blind bum on the street that picks something right 50% of the time. Ainge has repeatedly proven he is incompetent, so there is no reason to believe he made the right call here either. Remeber this is the same idiot who paid Scalabrine 15 mil, traded for Szczerbiak's 10 mil a year deal, and is still paying Vin Baker of all people.

Roman529 said:
Danny Ainge, Mr. Trigger Finger, is another former NBA player who sucks as a GM, or Director of Basketball Opertions,,,,,2nd in sucking only to Isiah. :lol:

thats why he got rid of raef, got some new talent, and will be getting AI. best gm in nba

Quien said:
thats why he got rid of raef, got some new talent, and will be getting AI. best gm in nba

you're not getting AI. and in getting rid of Raef you get a bigger contract in Theo.

Back
Top Bottom