Brian Brohm Update! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Brohm Update!

It's an interesting situation with Petrino taking the Atlanta job.

With Petrino leaving, Brohm would have to learn a whole new offense, in which case, his stock might drop next year. If he left college this year, he has the higher chance of keeping his stock.

I can't wait for his decision, cause he would look good in aqua and orange.

It's an interesting situation with Petrino taking the Atlanta job.

With Petrino leaving, Brohm would have to learn a whole new offense, in which case, his stock might drop next year. If he left college this year, he has the higher chance of keeping his stock.

I can't wait for his decision, cause he would look good in aqua and orange.

Usually when your coach leaves, so does the qb. and just for the same reasons you mentioned. I would love for our new coach to select him in the draft.

I didn't see Louisville play much this year. Tell me why you guys like him so much. I may hop on the bandwagon here.

I think if he starts hearing from teams like us that he would be a target he will come. To much uncertainty over at L-Ville for him to come back when he will likely get into the top 10.

I know hes hearing it in the media and such, but if some pro teams and scouts start really talking to him, i think that will seal it.
BTW anyone know if L-Ville was ready for Petrino to leave? Did they have anyone lined up? Seemed to me that his name to Atlanta was a rather sudden/out of the blue thing. Almost certainly if they dont have a firm coach in place by the deadline he goes.

He just signed a contract extension in August, if that tells you how ready they were to get rid of him. He turned down Oakland last year. Let's hope he's not Mike Vick's next victim.

I think he will end up coming into the draft. Why risk having lto learn an entire new philosophy with a new coach, struggle a little as you learn it, and risk your draft status plummeting.

I think he comes out. He should be top 10-15 RIGHT NOW. With a good combine, there is no telling where he'd end up.

Petrino's brother is the OC there...so he might get promoted. Thats the only thing that has me worried, but I'm hoping he can be lured to the draft

Sadly, i still dont think so. I have a feeling this will be the first draft in awhile where all the top QB's go real early.

you mean, like last year...the top 3 went by the 12 pick...tha'ts pretth early.

there are way too many other blue chip players that other teams will consider over a QB.

i think miami has a decent chance of getting one of the "top 3" QB's this year (Quinn, Russell, Brohm).

Sadly, i still dont think so. I have a feeling this will be the first draft in awhile where all the top QB's go real early.
Early maybe but Calvin Johnson is a top 3 pick for sure. All we need is a couple more guys to move up the draft board to get a shot at a QB.

BTW anyone know if L-Ville was ready for Petrino to leave? Did they have anyone lined up? Seemed to me that his name to Atlanta was a rather sudden/out of the blue thing. Almost certainly if they dont have a firm coach in place by the deadline he goes.

Here's the deal, a few years ago, when Petrino entertained offers from Auburn and LSU, Tom Jurich, the AD, said if and when Petrino ever left, he would be on the phone within seconds finding a replacement. Back in 2002 when John L Smith left Louisville for Michigan State, Jurich hired Petrino within 5 days. It has been widely rumored here that Tulsa's HC, Steve Kragthorpe, is the leading candidate to replace Petrino. I believe right before the Orange Bowl game, Paul Petrino, brother and OC, said on a Louisville TV newscast that he feels he is ready to become a HC, but loves it in Louiville. I'm not sure if he knew Bobby was feeling NFL offers or had talked to the Falcons or not. But it is ironic he said that. One rumor floating around in Louisville is that Jurich hires Paul Petrino and names Jeff Brohm the OC. This would keep players and the recruits from looking elsewhere.

Yes, all week long before the draft. Do your confessions and everything!!!

Brohm is can't miss! I loved Rivers in college, but we had no shot at him. Love this guy too, and we DO have a shot if he comes out.

He's as good as declaring for the NFL if you ask me. Thanks Petrino!!!! :lol:

I don't think so.

If we pick up Brohm, I think the depth chart reads:

Culpepper
Lemon
Brohm
Prolly like that. Joey is gone if we get a young guy in. Lemon proved - if nothing else - that he isn't nervous in there and can make some plays. All you can ask out of a #2!

I didn't see Louisville play much this year. Tell me why you guys like him so much. I may hop on the bandwagon here.
He's tall, has a decent arm, he's very accurate, he's poised ... and .... he makes plays period!

I think this dude's learning curve wouldn't be much!

Back
Top Bottom