Brice McCain Signs | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brice McCain Signs

Not really excited about this deal. But i will give him a chance but i got my doubts about his size.

No, we are going either receiver, or (Hope not) LB.

Nope.

Whichever of the top 3 corners are there is who it will be.

Don't count out MALCOLM BROWN or Danny Shelton if they drop. We don't have much at the DT rotation right now. I know everyone will be thinking because of the money given to SUHnami they won't put anymore into the DT spot but we are under a draft cap in the nfl now and he won't be getting any 45 mill deal and 18 mill signing bonus.

Brown is the best DT in this draft and is similar to Suh's game. Monster run stopper and has actual pass rush skills that DT's rarely have. This pair would put miami as the best DT tandem in the nfl day one. I like Mitchell, a lot and loved the signing, as a rotational player. But not the work horse starter. Brown would be a considerable upgrade over Mitchell starting.

With pass rushing DT's, you get the RARE luxery of pressure with front 4 only and not having to commit your lb's to the blitz every 3rd down making it easy for the gronks of the world to own the vacated real estate the blitzing lb's left.

This board would suffer mass suicides like it did when Hickey was the only GM who new James was the true zbs OT in the draft last year by picking Brown, or a DT in general, but that move instantly makes us a top 3 defense. The big time defenses all are able to get consistent pressure and sacks with their front 4.

We have too many young players like McCain and Jordan and Tripp hanging around that have to be given a shot to see if we have our lb position set. My fav would be Tripp in the middle with Jenkins and McCain on the outside. McCain can cover TE's and that's the big thing that attracted him to Hickey. We get that front 4 pressure and ability to leave our lb's out in coverage with 2 guys known to be able too cover TE's well like Tripp and McCain, the gronk factor isn't a factor for miami any longer. Don't see a lb early.

DARK HORSE: and another mass suicide move. The finz trade down and take LAKEN TOMLINSON the beast guard from Duke. We have a killer set or two of DT tandems in our division and we have to stop them. We don't have any True guards right now much less ones who can handle buffalo and the Jets interior guys consistantly. Tomlinson is one of those difference maker players. As I and others have been saying, his ability to handle the the DT's in the senior bowl was impressive and no fluke and handling Danny Shelton one on one and shutting him completely down was incredible!! Tomlinson has that rare ability to stimey big, strong DT's at the point of attack without help. This is the type of guy you want around Ryan Tannehill.

A line of Albert, Turner, Pouncy, Tomlinson and James is a dominant line for years to come with only Albert having any age on him. This move, and grabbing an extra couple picks along way to selecting him would get my vote. No one wanted the boring pouncy or James pics either. The o-line, FINALLY would be 99.8% fixed with adding Tomlinson.

And make no mistake!! He will go in the first round, if not us trading down and grabbing him then another team will. And it won't be so boring of a choice when no one is breathing on T1 and rb's actually get holes on a consistent basis. And, at seasons end, we get to see another dolphin chosen to the pro bowl. Can't have too many of those!! Just so tired of trying to patch this line with aging reject f/a's and late round hopefuls.

And you can bet tanny1 is even more sick of it.

It's a $5.5M/2 deal with $3M G. He's the NCB. Low risk.

After reading this thread, I'm warming up to the signing. It's honestly not that expensive and hopefully he can be a good nickle. I hate his size, but Grimes is small too and makes it work. (not saying he's a grimes or anywhere close fyi) At this rate, I hope we sign Patrick Robinson too as more insurance at cb, because as bad as he may have been he can't be worse than Will Davis.

Have to draft someone too... Still wish we could've got Culliver tho

Just read a Pittsburgh gazette article about the signing, the fans in the comments all seem pretty upset about it because he was their most consistent and best corner. Now that doesn't mean he's a shutdown number 1 but for the contrct we gave it seems like a really solid pick up

For what it's worth, my buddy is a huge Steelers fan and said this:

He played well last year. Small sample size, but he could be pretty good going forward. Wish the Steelers would have re-signed him. Nice pick up.

I was on the steelers forum they wanted him back for the most part they thought he was SOLID and his play picked up a lot in the 2nd half of the season but they are just so fed up with there corners it seems they want a fresh start. One negative was that they complained about his height and they already have short corners & they want big ones.

well in our scheme you can use short corners. the zone uses athletic finesse corners with ball skills.

Dolphins sign CB Brice McCain (2 years, $5.5M; $3M guaranteed): B- Grade
Brice McCain was awful for Houston in 2013. He signed with the Steelers after being released and rebounded nicely. He didn't play great, or anything, but he was a somewhat decent starter down the stretch, though he struggled during the middle of the season.

This is a fairly decent signing. McCain will give Miami some much-needed depth at the cornerback position in the wake of Cortland Finnegan's retirement. It would be a mistake for the Dolphins to rely on McCain to be the starter next year, so they still need to add a cornerback in free agency or the 2015 NFL Draft.

got this from WalterFootball.com IF anyone cares

A six year vet who was making less than 1 million now gets almost 3 because he had his best season last year which was just decent. He may be solid but still overpaid

Last edited by a moderator:
You serious? Solid slot corner for $2.75M a year...

A six year vet who was making less than 1 million now gets almost 3 because he had his best season last year which was just decent. He may be solid but still overpaid

Back
Top Bottom