Brien or Jay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
no no no LOL.... i love Jay, im just saying jay is a more mobile layer, for now. Btu brien is a great pocket passer. and when he was in those three games we were missing our line. everytime he was sacked, the man was let in by a rookie. i think brien needs a chance to play wi our real o line. and u saw he he played wen he 1st came in... and jay likewise.... switching em up nwo and again, gives them time to rest. liek a dual QB threat...

griese= rob johnson=cut soon after the season is over. No doubts about it.

There can never be a line good enough for him.

Re: Re: Brien or Jay?

Originally posted by finfan54

its amazing to me the lengths people go against the grain to get fiedler out of town.

At first I was thinking this had to be a joke.....:nono:

Originally posted by inFINSible
I think we need to keep Brian as far away from the field as possible.

Keep smokin..... you'll get to the SB someday that way and Jay will take you there. :bong:

Yeah... Griese is a Michigan scum bag... get him off the team and pick up Joe Germaine... or offer Kirk Herbstreit a deal... or draft Craig Krenzel... aaaaaaaaaaaah

Fiedler is a better QB overall than Griese....

Fiedler > Griese

Brian is good (maybe) when everything is perfect: 5 seconds in the pocket, 4 WRs running wide open....

He has yet to show that he can deal with adversity and a low in play by other positions. Going through a season every team will have injuries of some type and that's where real QBs have to step up.

Brian is also not as accurate as some Jay-Haters indicated. As I said, after seeing him in camp and TC, his accuracy is not better than Jay's neither is his arm. This whole "Brian is a real QB" is so overated and tiresome that I really begin to wonder about some people.

One thing we all have to consider is that Brian is still our backupand may be needed in case Jay gets injured again. I hope he learns as much from Jay now as Jay did when he was sidelined.

One thing with Jay what bothered me over the years is that he didn't trust his receivers to make a play (nobody really did). It forced him to hold on to the ball at times and rather run.

Against Dallas he trusted his receivers and riffled the ball out before the receiver was open trusting his companion to be open at the right time. The trust between receiver and QB is the most important ingredient on timing patterns. According to Jay himself he saw a lot of plays which were left on the table while he was sidelined and going back to the films when he started early on he saw the same thing.

Forget the score for one moment, the Dallas game was the first game this year in which QB and receivers trusted each other and made the plays. In turn Norv trusted his offense and opened up the book a little which in turn gave Ricky some running room.

IF Fiedler learned and continues on this pattern he may have just become a better QB.

Now to the offseason (as much as I hate talking about the offseason so early). I doubt that Brian will be back. If the Dolphins win 3 more regular season games and end up at 11-5, go on the road and beat the AFC North winner in the playoffs Dave will be back next year.

Jay will be priority to redo his contract and I feel that both sides will come to an agreement. Backup: I am done with vets and washups. It hasn't given us a thing over the past couple of years. My man is Sage since we picked him up and he deserves a shot at #2.

If the Dolphins brass have a choice right now they'd rather redo Jay's contract and keep him and let Brian go. I agree with that philosphy.

If the Dolphins collapse in December Dave will be gone. It really depends on the new coaching staff and offensive philosophy which QBs will be kept and picked up.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Keep smokin..... you'll get to the SB someday that way and Jay will take you there. :bong:

You'll get there alot quicker with Brian I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

someone probably said the same thing about doug williams, mark rypien, trent dilfer, and brad johnson

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Ok ok ok, we know whos doing what. But Griese is a pocket passer, where as Jay is mobile. Could it be Griese didn' do as well because he was missing 3 o-line starters? Maybe when Ruddy, Nails, and Dixon are all back on the feild together with Wade, and Perry he will do much better? I've noticed Brien had troubles in plays where he had to leave the pocket. Now if he had the starting line he wouldn't have to leave the pocket. But..... having Jay opens up another dimension to the game. The former diathalon runner can obviously move. But should we trust his am when we get the power on the line we need? Tough desicions. For now I say keep Jay, but when we get the line back together I think Brien should get another chance. But it may have to wait untill next year seeing as every game from here on out is more like a playoff game. What do you guys think?

while I was all for the experiment to find out things about Brian, i hereby declare this experiment as "done". :lol:

but i think brien is a better pocket passer, and still must give hima chance with a real pocket...

I agree I wish there was a chance we could keep both one more year and let them battle in traiing camp. With another year in the system, a better o line i think bg might surprise some poeple.

BG had Ruddy and Nails for his games....Dixon has been out all season. Even with Denver's great line and excellent receivers he couldn't do jack-s--t. He had a "real pocket" there. Why don't we all go live in a utopic world where he has 5+ seconds to throw every down and every receiver is wide open.....it doesn't happen and never will. They can't provide that protection every play...it's statisically impossible against opposing defenses.

I don't think he sucks, but should be cut him? uhh...yes...unless he is willing to take a backup QB salary and not what he wants next season. Jay has and always will be a better QB....he has done more with less of an O-line then BG ever did (not that JF is Marino, Elway or any other great QB).

I can't believe the BG die-hards won't let this drop. It is over and he is gone after this season. He had his chance and now it's gone. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom