Brien or Jay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Ok ok ok, we know whos doing what. But Griese is a pocket passer, where as Jay is mobile. Could it be Griese didn' do as well because he was missing 3 o-line starters? Maybe when Ruddy, Nails, and Dixon are all back on the feild together with Wade, and Perry he will do much better? I've noticed Brien had troubles in plays where he had to leave the pocket. Now if he had the starting line he wouldn't have to leave the pocket. But..... having Jay opens up another dimension to the game. The former diathalon runner can obviously move. But should we trust his am when we get the power on the line we need? Tough desicions. For now I say keep Jay, but when we get the line back together I think Brien should get another chance. But it may have to wait untill next year seeing as every game from here on out is more like a playoff game. What do you guys think?

Man, I was hoping for griese more than you. But he blew his chance. I truely believe with better line play he would have had much better games. But that's HIS ability, not the ability of people around him. And people rally around Jay. He's our starter for now.

3 of our 4 remaining games (NE, BUF & NYJ) all have decent pass rushes and a mobile QB is valuable. The pass rush is getting better every year and the pure pocket passer is becoming extinct (just ask Bledsoe & Warner). You need to posses both qualities to survive these days, ala McNair, T. Green, Favre. Jay is no way near the quality of these guys but his feet definitely give him a few extra seconds and respect from pass rushers.

Jay Fiedler period.

Brian Griese is Rob Johnson without the mobility.

Sage and Fiedler should battle it out in training camp next year with a mid round rookie project pick as the #3. (ala Simms for the Bucs this year)

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Jay Fiedler period.

Brian Griese is Rob Johnson without the mobility.

Sage and Fiedler should battle it out in training camp next year with a mid round rookie project pick as the #3. (ala Simms for the Bucs this year)
jay is definately the man, but i'm trying to be diplomatic here, how do you say brian sucks and not offend some people.

don't have to worry about that b**** becky, ever since griese took a dump, she took off!:rolleyes:

The mere fact that Brian Griese's name is spelled wrong in the title of this thread clued me in on the fact that the thread itself would not be worth reading. After reading that initial post, I scrolled down to the bottom and posted this.

LoL... BRIAN... haha...

anyways, give it up man. Griese had his shot. I think we all wanted to see him succeed here, but... it just didn't happen. Sorry man, give it up. briAn Griese is a JOKE. End of story.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Keep smokin..... you'll get to the SB someday that way and Jay will take you there. :bong:

Yeah, because Brian proved he was better, right? :rolleyes:

Also, Jay has proved how bad he is in the last 5 quarters he has played. :rolleyes2

:lol: I cannot believe there are still Fiedler Haters! I thought they had all hopped on the bandwagon. Jay has shown how much better he is these last 5 quarters...he has been unstoppable. Griese's 1st game was his best because it was against the Chargers....Fiedlers best game this year was against the Cowboys....the #1 Defense at the time.

Jay is the best quarterback for this offense. Let's hope he stays consistent for the rest of the year.

Originally posted by dolfan06
how do you say brian sucks and not offend some people.

I don't know but if you figure it out let me know so I can say Fiddler blows.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Yeah, because Brian proved he was better, right? :rolleyes:

Also, Jay has proved how bad he is in the last 5 quarters he has played. :rolleyes2

Unfortunatley, as you say, it's been [only] 5 quarters so the jury is still out somewhat. on the other hand, he does have this team sparked for whatever reason and they're playing alot better, That's good enough for me.....for now, but if this thing is contagious, wko knows what can happen.

Originally posted by Prime Time
:lol: I cannot believe there are still Fiedler Haters! I thought they had all hopped on the bandwagon. Jay has shown how much better he is these last 5 quarters...he has been unstoppable. Griese's 1st game was his best because it was against the Chargers....Fiedlers best game this year was against the Cowboys....the #1 Defense at the time.

Some of these Fiedler haters will never admit when Jay does well and would probably prefer Ryan Leaf. Some of them will give Jay credit when credit is due, and others are just ridiculous and will blame Jay for everything wrong with this team.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Jay's good now, but he's more of a roller coaster kind of QB. He has good games and then follows with bad games. The Pats usually make mincemeat out of Jay like last year and this season. Griese is actually better against NE than Fiedler is. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Last game against NE
Fiedler: 62.8 QB rating, 230 yrds, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 0 fumbles and a loss.
Griese: 104.5 QB rating, 229 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 0 fumbles, and a win

Originally posted by Regan21286

Jay's good now, but he's more of a roller coaster kind of QB. He has good games and then follows with bad games. The Pats usually make mincemeat out of Jay like last year and this season. Griese is actually better against NE than Fiedler is. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Last game against NE
Fiedler: 62.8 QB rating, 230 yrds, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 0 fumbles and a loss.
Griese: 104.5 QB rating, 229 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 0 fumbles, and a win

Griese is not actually better. Those stats are like comparing apples to oranges......two different teams, two different games, besides the fact that last week doesn't mean anything in the NFL, let alone last year.

Jay deserves the start, I don't think that can be debated by anyone. (well maybe JSS but, he's been mysteriously quiet lately).

Originally posted by inFINSible

Griese is not actually better. Those stats are like comparing apples to oranges......two different teams, two different games, besides the fact that last week doesn't mean anything in the NFL, let alone last year.

Jay deserves the start, I don't think that can be debated by anyone. (well maybe JSS but, he's been mysteriously quiet lately).

JSS was sent to banned camp.

Back
Top Bottom