Bring Jim Bates back home... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Jim Bates back home...

flintsilver7 said:
That's a meaningless statement. No matter how many times I say this, nobody seems to listen or understand.

EVERY SINGLE STOP THE DEFENSE MAKES IS IMPORTANT. MIAMI HAD A WOEFULLY INADEQUATE OFFENSE, AND EVERY STOP THE DEFENSE MADE WAS ULTIMATELY CRITICAL.

Show me where the defense folded, and nine times out of ten I can show you where the offense couldn't produce and the defense had already been on the field for 35 minutes while holding the opposing offense to 10 points or so.
You've already been given examples, and you ignore them so they don't get in the way of idolizing Bates.

Bottom line, he's gone and good riddance. Now we'll finally have a team that wins games instead of racking up meaningless stats and sending guys to the Pro Bwol while the team stays home in January.

FinFaninMS said:
You've already been given examples, and you ignore them so they don't get in the way of idolizing Bates.

Bottom line, he's gone and good riddance. Now we'll finally have a team that wins games instead of racking up meaningless stats and sending guys to the Pro Bwol while the team stays home in January.

I already disproved those examples. You would blame the defense, it seems, for a 3-0 loss. If you want - and it certainly seems like you do - you can blame the defense for every single point they allowed.

FinFaninMS said:
The fact that they always folded in the big game under Bates says a lot too.
I won't disagree but it takes 2 to win games. Offense and defense. Wanny insisting on Fiedler wasn't helping things either. The bills D for years under Greg Willams and Malarkey for the most part kept bailing the O out.

Regardless of the D's failure, that D was the only bright spot under Wanny's watch. You might also want to wonder if Bates was given full control to run the D or did Wanny chime in on when the game was on the line.

Well, it doesnt look good right now, Bates was supposed to be thinking it over last night, but still no word. So maybe the Bills have moved on their search. Im hearing Mike Singletary is on the Bills radar also, the 49rs LB coach/assistant headcoach.

SkapePhin said:
Man.. Bills fans are delusional.. Look what I foundon Billszone.

If the Bills get Bates, they might possibly have one of the best coaching staffs in the league, although Washington is looking pretty darn good too. The other advantage is that Bates has a good pass defense scheme which he executed with average corners. Mckenzie and Caroll. That means Clements can go.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91249

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=121447

:sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom