Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1

Just say NO to Matt "The interception highlight" Ryan...and that goes the same for Darren "I am just waiting to fail in the NFL" McFadden

do yourself a favor and look at all the qb's.

divide there INT's by there attempts and tell me if matt ryan is really a turnover machine/interception highlight.
he throws an interception about .4% more of the time than brohm.
how will anybody ever be able to cope with that.

all the experts on this site really are starting to overwhelm some of us.

he may or may not be worth the #1 pick that is debatable, but this int perception is blown out of proportion to say the least.

I would agree with you if you question some of his decision making, but when you throw 654 attempts, you may have to deal with some ints.

STATS ARE MISLEADING!

Matt Ryan has everything you look for in a franchise quarterback from a physical standpoint. What makes him special is that Roethlisberger/Romo factor in that he is more than a caretaker. He is a playmaker. He routinely breaks the pocket and makes plays.

Get used to the idea of Ryan possibly getting drafted by Miami No.1 Overall. Its a reality and quite possibly the smart decision.

divide there INT's by there attempts and tell me if matt ryan is really a turnover machine/interception highlight.

he may or may not be worth the #1 pick that is debatable, but this int perception is blown out of proportion to say the least.

I would agree with you if you question some of his decision making, but when you throw 654 attempts, you may have to deal with some ints.

Actually, what I am saying is NONE of the QB's going in the draft are anywhere near the #1 overall. In fact, I would say NONE of them are better than John Beck.

The fact you try to bolster Ryan's stats by comparing them to Brohm is laughable to me actually

The hype on Matt Ryan will only help us in our cause to trade out of #1... If the league thinks we could take Dorsey, C. Long or Ryan with number #1 they might be inclined to trading up with us.

Before it was either Dorsey or Long with the #1 pick... NOw if you throw another name in there at #1 it increases the value of the pick.

Matt Ryan is in a whole other class compared to John Beck.

If Ryan is the pick at #1, it feels like the Alex Smith pick for the Niners a couple of years back. There's not an overwhelmingly good QB that is deserving of the first overall pick, but the team at #1 almost always needs a QB, so it looks from the outside like a logical choice.

I don't buy it. You can't give up on Beck this quickly. We have so many needs on the defensive side of the ball, and we need to put some playmakers around Beck to make him successful. Say what you will, and he didn't show me much this year either, but Beck could turn out to be great. Rothlisberger aside, there aren't many QBs in this league that came in and clicked as a rookie. The only guys that have been successful are those that had some time to get used to the league. I really think that he'll eventually be successful, even if it takes longer than everyone would like.

Thank you. His int percentage per pass attempt is lower than Henne's and Brennan's who were the two favorite "alternate" choices for QB draft on this site. The reason people dont want Ryan is quite simple. They dont want Beck to have any competition. They have been on his bandwagon since last year and arent ready to give up on the idea that he's going to turn out good someday. So they want to protect him from competition by having us wait until the 3rd or 4th round before we draft a QB ensuring that we draft nothing but a backup

I just want to make sure that this is the same site where everyone was clamoring for Drew Stanton and Omar Jacobs, right? :D

I keed, I keed.

Stop listening to the media and put in the tape and decide for yourself. Ryan is an overwhelmingly good quarterback prospect. He is more than worthy of being drafted number one overall.

Matt Ryan is not Alex Smith. Not even close.

Also, it is not that you are giving up on John Beck. It is simply that you are adding a very talented player at a position of need at the position of most importance.

Lastly, I agree that I think Beck could be a very good quarterback for this team if he were given the time. I like his skills and I think he is going to start in this league. Problem is that it may be a big risk to bank on Beck when you have Ryan starring you in the face.

At some point we have to simply bite the bullet and draft a franchise quarterback. Otherwise, we run the risk of spending another decade trying to find that quick fix.

All this aside, Dorsey is one hell of a player and will give Miami pause in this process.

Todd McShay has us taking him #1 overall, I'm sure that's what he's referring to.

And for the record, if we take Ryan #1 overall, I'm coming to Finheaven in a trench coat and shooting up the place.

Disclaimer: Just in case any one took that serious, it was a metaphor intended to illustrate the extreme anger drafting Ryan would cause me.

Why would u be extremely mad at aquiring the piece of the puzzle that will get us over the hump? very confusing...are u a Pats fan?

The hype on Matt Ryan will only help us in our cause to trade out of #1... If the league thinks we could take Dorsey, C. Long or Ryan with number #1 they might be inclined to trading up with us.

Before it was either Dorsey or Long with the #1 pick... NOw if you throw another name in there at #1 it increases the value of the pick.

Dorsey or Long were "never" mentioned by this FO as possible #1 picks. That was just uneducated fans and mocks that had MIA picking one of them.

The "only" player that this FO has hinted into needing to take is Matt Ryan. From day one, BP and JI have mentioned "QB" being the #1 need to fix this offseason and JI made it known that it was the #1 need to focus on in the draft. So stop making things up...

McShay also has Brohm being there at 32. I'd rather just wait and steal him at 32.

That's actually illogical. Why would u pass on the "only" top pick/1st round QB prospect for a "not worthy of a 1st round pick" QB at #32? That would be a waste of a #32 pick.

No. U select the "only" top pick/1st round worthy QB #1 and then u select the best CB available at #32. Simple really.

If Ryan is the pick at #1, it feels like the Alex Smith pick for the Niners a couple of years back. There's not an overwhelmingly good QB that is deserving of the first overall pick, but the team at #1 almost always needs a QB, so it looks from the outside like a logical choice.

I don't buy it. You can't give up on Beck this quickly. We have so many needs on the defensive side of the ball, and we need to put some playmakers around Beck to make him successful. Say what you will, and he didn't show me much this year either, but Beck could turn out to be great. Rothlisberger aside, there aren't many QBs in this league that came in and clicked as a rookie. The only guys that have been successful are those that had some time to get used to the league. I really think that he'll eventually be successful, even if it takes longer than everyone would like.

Another thing to add in Beck's defense. Rothlisberger had a VERY good team around him. I can think of 1 other QB that did good as a rookie..he also had a VERY good team around him...any takers on who that was;)

Dorsey or Long were "never" mentioned by this FO as possible #1 picks. That was just uneducated fans and mocks that had MIA picking one of them.

The "only" player that this FO has hinted into needing to take is Matt Ryan. From day one, BP and JI have mentioned "QB" being the #1 need to fix this offseason and JI made it known that it was the #1 need to focus on in the draft. So stop making things up...

Re-read my post and tell me where I said the FO said it would be Long or Dorsey...

kthnxbye!

Back
Top Bottom