Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1

Dorsey or Long were "never" mentioned by this FO as possible #1 picks. That was just uneducated fans and mocks that had MIA picking one of them.

The "only" player that this FO has hinted into needing to take is Matt Ryan. From day one, BP and JI have mentioned "QB" being the #1 need to fix this offseason and JI made it known that it was the #1 need to focus on in the draft. So stop making things up...

LINK?

Actually, Parcells has been noted in syndications that he was very intently watching the National Champoinship with his eyes VERY much on two players-Dorsey and Gholston:up:

Yes, I can and WILL find a link for this when I have more time

EDIT: And BTW: you are soooo correct about Parsnips wanting a QB in the first round, I mean, he has done it over and over and over..Lets see, you have Drew Bledsoe..then you have...welll, thats actually it...

STATS ARE MISLEADING!

Matt Ryan has everything you look for in a franchise quarterback from a physical standpoint. What makes him special is that Roethlisberger/Romo factor in that he is more than a caretaker. He is a playmaker. He routinely breaks the pocket and makes plays.

Get used to the idea of Ryan possibly getting drafted by Miami No.1 Overall. Its a reality and quite possibly the smart decision.

Matt Ryan and Caretaker do not belong in the same sentence. The guy had almost 30 turnovers this year. I understand the want for a QB but this is getting alittle out of hand. I have seen Ryan play numerous times, enough to tell me he is no where near #1 overall prospect. Best QB? Thats debatable but just because he is possibly the #1 QB does not make him #1 overall.

If you think Mc Fadden is going to fail, you're crazy. He will be one of the top backs in football, I think he will even be better then Peterson. I don't think we should take him, but he is the real deal. I watched a lot of his games and the other teams game plans was to stop him. They had no quarterback, just him and Felix. Look what he did to LSU. We could draft him and let Ronnie heal and then trade Brown the following year for more picks.

EDIT: And BTW: you are soooo correct about Parsnips wanting a QB in the first round, I mean, he has done it over and over and over..Lets see, you have Drew Bledsoe..then you have...welll, thats actually it...

Chad Pennington?

What are you basing that on? I think with even just a solid line McFadden could do great in this league.

McFadden is built VERY high, which means he carries quite a bit of his weight above the belt, while this helps with Arm tackles up high, NFL calibur defenders are going to clobber him down low. He only weighs 215 to begin with. He also runs VERY upright and is going to make a tremendous target
He also spent many snaps working out of a gimmick type offense, that wont work at all in the NFL. Point in case, Reggie Bush

Bottomline, his body-type is abnormal for a productive rusher in the NFL, and he is going to spend much time learning the Pro-set type of game. Most of his highlights are of him running away from defenders while never having contact. That is MUCH different that what he will see in the NFL.

I could be totally wrong, but to place him above AP at this point is a bit ludicrous IMO.

McFadden is built VERY high, which means he carries quite a bit of his weight above the belt, while this helps with Arm tackles up high, NFL calibur defenders are going to clobber him down low. He only weighs 215 to begin with. He also runs VERY upright and is going to make a tremendous target
He also spent many snaps working out of a gimmick type offense, that wont work at all in the NFL. Point in case, Reggie Bush

Bottomline, his body-type is abnormal for a productive rusher in the NFL, and he is going to spend much time learning the Pro-set type of game. Most of his highlights are of him running away from defenders while never having contact. That is MUCH different that what he will see in the NFL.

I could be totally wrong, but to place him above AP at this point is a bit ludicrous IMO.

Very astute for a Tween -Teen... but still wrong... Players have different running styles... Eric Dickerson as compared to Emmitt Smith as compared to Barry Sanders as compared to Roger Craig... Each one built different... Completely Diffeent..., running styles...

And my personal favourite Walter Payton... Not the tree trunk legs you see today but vision..., vision my boy..., all these greats had it...:phinatic13:

They said last year Adrian ran to up right. Remember Eric Dickerson? He ran the same way. Trust me, he will be a stud. How many gimmick plays can you run when you run for 300yds against the best defense in the country.

I wasn't trying bolster anybody's stat lines, I was simply putting the fire to ashes on your misguided classification of ryan as in interception artist.

Brohm took a chance going back to school, and in taking that chance he cost himself A lot of money. Would I welcome him in a phins uni... damn straight.

He's good. I just happen to think matt ryan is better.

The #1 overall pick is tough. It's possible, no matter who we pick, they may never end up being worth the #1 pick in the draft.

LINK?

Actually, Parcells has been noted in syndications that he was very intently watching the National Champoinship with his eyes VERY much on two players-Dorsey and Gholston:up:

Yes, I can and WILL find a link for this when I have more time

Pennington

Excellent points. He reminds me a bit of Dickerson in his running style so I wouldnt completely right him off but the odds of him surviving for long are not good IMO. I think whoever takes him will run the risk of a very short career due to injuries. I prefer Mendenhall myself.

I say right now there are three players that can be considered for the #1 pick.
C. Long, Matt Ryan, G. Dorsey.

Now as for Matt Ryan he is a great QB prospect. First off for all the people that thinks he has to many INT, take a beginners level Stats course at your local Jr. college so that you know how to read and interpret statistical information. (sorry for being harsh but people just don't get it) If you want to look at stats to show if a player is turnover prone INT ratio is much more accurate stat, then total INT.

Second thing that makes Ryan rate so high is all of his intangibles, which to me are just as important or more then physical attributes(which Ryan's are very good.) He is know to be a great field general and great in the clutch, hence his nickname "Matty Ice". If you want to see this in action watch the BC-VT game.

The one thing that I really like about Ryan was what he was able to due with the team that he had. He had to overcome the learning curve that comes with a new coaching staff that brought in a entire new playbook and offense. Also he had no playmakers on Off. and a poor O-line. That and every defense in the country new he was going to throw the ball, they had no running game at all. Basically every game he played this year he had pressure like Brady i the SB. He spent a lot of time getting up of the ground. But despite all of this he was still able to put up very good #'s. Just imagine this guy on a team like USC or a program like that.

As far as who I would like to draft I am still uncertain. I am 50/50 on Beck as if he could become a good QB, but in no way will I try and lie to myself and say that he is as good as Ryan. We also need D-line help bad, and with JT getting older Long looks great. I think Dorsey is th best Talent in the draft but also to me a DT carries a little less value as DE and QB. So its still a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom