Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1

So why's he dropping? He was a first rounder two months ago. Now he's a 2nd at best and possibly a 3rd when all is said and done. You dont think him having Steve Johnson and Jacob Tamme, two legitimate pro prospects and Ryan having none might explain the disparity, cmon

He definitely didn't help himself at the Senior Bowl I'll be the first to admit that. I hope he does drop I'd love to have him with 2b or even 3, that would be a steal. I think the surrounding talent is a wash when you consider the talent of the defenses they played. I mean Tamme and Johnson are decent players but we're not talking top notch here.

Smaducrew-1.jpg
:lol::up:

you mean that 1.5/1 TD/INT ratio. yup, that proves he doesnt throw to many INTs.

That has nothing to due with overall how often he throws a INT. That could mean he did not throw a lot of TD's which can also be related to a lack of talent around him. The only stat that states how often on throws a INT is when you take the players total # of INT and divide that by how many pass attempts. In you ratio it compare TD's to INT's which tells us nothing about how often he throws a INT.

because people over react with the senior bowl. you said it yourself. at the end of the season, he was a 1st rounder. thats where he should pretty much stand. people that take a week of play over 3 years of starting in the best conference in NCAA is incredible to me.

It is pretty amazing how much 1 week of practice can boost your stock. I've always thought that there is way too much put into the senior bowl performance and combine compared to 3-4 years of on the field play.

I'd be so pissed off if we take a QB #1 overall, and especially Ryan

But of course that's my opinion

It is pretty amazing how much 1 week of practice can boost your stock. I've always thought that there is way too much put into the senior bowl performance and combine compared to 3-4 years of on the field play.
I think his problems stem more from his delivery. IMO the draft isnt about what you did in college but rather how you project into the pros. Thats why there is so much emphasis put on the combine. Ryan is just more ready both in terms of delivery and knowledge of the position. Woodson will need at least one more year of preperation than Ryan and his hitch in his throwing motion is a major concern

He definitely didn't help himself at the Senior Bowl I'll be the first to admit that. I hope he does drop I'd love to have him with 2b or even 3, that would be a steal. I think the surrounding talent is a wash when you consider the talent of the defenses they played. I mean Tamme and Johnson are decent players but we're not talking top notch here.
Tamme is either a 3rd or 4th rounder and Johnson is a 4th or 5th so they're in the top 120 pro prospects in the country.

Wow, before you start telling people to take classes to learn how to read stats maybe you should collect all the facts yourself. I know plenty of people have pointed out his INT/Pass ratio to defend him, how many have included his fumbles? I myself am one who has mentioned his habit of turning the ball over because when your in the neighborhood of 30 turnovers in a season in a average conference there is legit reason to be concerned about spending the #1 pick overall and 50+ million dollars on the guy. I've seen him play numerous times including both VT games, I'm curious to which one you suggest we all watch? The one where he played awful for 58 minutes before connecting on a few passes to win the game? Or the conference championship game when Mr. Clutch himself turned the ball over to seal the game?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, fair enough.

I don't mind your opinion at all when it comes to thing such as what you did or did not like when you watched him play. But even when you throw in the fumble you also have to take into the consideration of the amount of Att. he had to fumble the ball when getting hit. So 30 TO are still not much when it comes down to the ball is always in his hands to make a play, cause he barley hands off to a RB. So as far a pure #'s how many Att. did he has compared to his overall TO the ratio is still about the same as all the other top QB. And that does not even take into consideration that his O-line sucks hit all the time. Just like Brady will probably have less fumbles than any QB that played for us last year because he is hit a fraction of the time any QB playing behind our line would be. I just don't like when people use the 30 TO's as there sole reason that he is not smart or careless but then fail to even acknowledge that it was also done in many more opportunities for TO's.

There is not any physical tool that Ryan has the wow factor in. His arm, athleticism, and mobility are all solid, but nothing that makes him a Number 1 pick in the draft.

I don't mind your opinion at all when it comes to thing such as what you did or did not like when you watched him play. But even when you throw in the fumble you also have to take into the consideration of the amount of Att. he had to fumble the ball when getting hit. So 30 TO are still not much when it comes down to the ball is always in his hands to make a play, cause he barley hands off to a RB. So as far a pure #'s how many Att. did he has compared to his overall TO the ratio is still about the same as all the other top QB. And that does not even take into consideration that his O-line sucks hit all the time. Just like Brady will probably have less fumbles than any QB that played for us last year because he is hit a fraction of the time any QB playing behind our line would be. I just don't like when people use the 30 TO's as there sole reason that he is not smart or careless but then fail to even acknowledge that it was also done in many more opportunities for TO's.

Fair enough, I can respect that opinion. I think we all want an answer at QB. I just don't think Ryan is it, especially at #1 overall. Should be an interesting FA period and draft.

Fair enough, I can respect that opinion. I think we all want an answer at QB. I just don't think Ryan is it, especially at #1 overall. Should be an interesting FA period and draft.

I respect that opinion as well. I wish there was a clear cut #1 guy. Trade down would be the best, but I really don't see that with out a clear cut #1. Right now I think I would lean towards C. Long at 1 with Ryan and Dorsey right after that. But its still very early so I reserve the right to change my mind at a moments notice.

There is not any physical tool that Ryan has the wow factor in. His arm, athleticism, and mobility are all solid, but nothing that makes him a Number 1 pick in the draft.
No but his intangibles are through the roof and none of his physical tools are poor. He does everything well with superior intangibles

Back
Top Bottom