Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the Combine....Ryan is Number 1

ryan better get a WHOLE lot more accurate to even be in Schaubs category. much less at least better then him. Schaub completed 10% more of his passes and had a much much better TD/INT ratio coming out

ryan better get a WHOLE lot more accurate to even be in Schaubs category. much less at least better then him. Schaub completed 10% more of his passes and had a much much better TD/INT ratio coming out
He also had Wali Lundy to make the defenses play the run and Heath Miller to throw to. The stats are basically similar when you adjust for talent level

He also had Wali Lundy to make the defenses play the run and Heath Miller to throw to. The stats are basically similar when you adjust for talent level

And the formula for that is?

J/K but you can't really say that can you. If that's the case Joey Harrington could look like Brett Favre if he played in GB isn't it. I know that is not the best example but you get the point.

And the formula for that is?

J/K but you can't really say that can you. If that's the case Joey Harrington could look like Brett Favre if he played in GB isn't it. I know that is not the best example but you get the point.

Absolutely. This is more of an art than science and how much you adjust will differ with everybody but I think not adjusting it, whatever the formula, is just lazy. If you dont adjust performance for outside factors then we should just cut Beck right now because his stats stunk. Obviously you're going to adjust for the fact he played on a poor team and he was a rookie. How much is up to the individual and no universal formula exists

Absolutely. This is more of an art than science and how much you adjust will differ with everybody but I think not adjusting it, whatever the formula, is just lazy. If you dont adjust performance for outside factors then we should just cut Beck right now because his stats stunk. Obviously you're going to adjust for the fact he played on a poor team and he was a rookie. How much is up to the individual and no universal formula exists

I was being sarcastic.

I know it is just a matter of opinion and perspective,.........otherwise how would one scout Steve McNair at Alcorn St. I've never heard of anyone in the NFL before or since. There couldn't have been that much talent there, and people still saw him.

Ryan may be the best quarterback in the draft this year but thats like being the coolest guy at shenanigans. Has it worked out for San Francisco when they took the so called best QB in the draft at #1 in Alex Smith- its starting to look like he is on his way to being a bust. I think that in the QB class this year there are good QBs but not great ones. Im not saying that one of the many QBs available in the draft wont turn out to be possibly franchise quarterbacks/ I dont think its worth the first round choice given the guaranteed money.

I was being sarcastic.

I know it is just a matter of opinion and perspective,.........otherwise how would one scout Steve McNair at Alcorn St. I've never heard of anyone in the NFL before or since. There couldn't have been that much talent there, and people still saw him.
:lol: I know you were but I thought it gave me a good opportunity to spew my thoughts. Dont mess with my soapbox man:err:

its funny how the crowd who 12 months ago thought Colt Brennan was the next Marino are now panning Ryan's stats

...Im not saying that one of the many QBs available in the draft wont turn out to be possibly franchise quarterbacks/ I dont think its worth the first round choice given the guaranteed money.

True, true. There are players that are arguably just as good at positions that are more in need (and if you think that DL isn't as important as QB, look at this past years' Phins or G-Men. Thank you.) Also, it (realistically) takes 4 YEARS to develop a QB. Only the great ones, or those thrust into ideal situations (Big Ben), have sustained success in a shorter period. Of course, this doesn't bode well for Beck (he'll be 30), but considering the mileage on his body, he could conceivably last to Moon age (40). Either way, that's still 5-10 yrs. of good, stable QB play. Which means we have the next 9-12 yrs. to pick the next franchise QB if this scenario holds true. Granted, that's a big IF; but tell me how you justify spending 40+ MILLION DOLLARS on a position that we drafted high for last year when you won't even know how TRULY good he is for another year or two, at least.:err: Simple economics tells me that the money could be better spent elsewhere, whilst still drafting to provide that all-important 'QB competition' that everyone is sooooo worried about having. (As if Beck needs any help being driven...):sidelol:

Anybody else have problems with this site? Even when I'm logged in I cannot post, lots of times I gotta re-log just to post.

you mean that 1.5/1 TD/INT ratio. yup, that proves he doesnt throw to many INTs.

I recall reading post where someone put together the TD/INT ratio's for the great QBs (post was titled Brady, best QB-or something like that)

Marino had a ratio of like 1.7/1

I don't know but that's pretty close to what Ryan currently has. I'm not saying that that will directly translate into the NFL, but the main thing is he's not causing more turnovers than he's scoring TDs

:lol: I know you were but I thought it gave me a good opportunity to spew my thoughts. Dont mess with my soapbox man:err:

so what, now you're gonna put your toys in your soap box and go home? Thats nice.

There's is just no pleasing some people, is there?

Matt Ryan reminds me of Brad Johnson. Therefore to take him with the #1 overall pick is simply insanity at its best

I swear, outside of Johnson I can't think of any SB winning QB who gets less respect than he does. If he reminds you of Johnson isn't that a good thing? The guy has played well, is known as a cerreberal QB who doesn't make mistakes. Now his arm strength you can debate and I will say is lacking, but other than that he does what he's asked.

You wouldn't take Brad Johnson like QB for this team? We haven't had a QB who could do better here in like 3-4 years. Frerrotte has been the best we've had over the last 4 years. That being said I need to find a strong beam and some rope,............preferrably not too long.

I swear, outside of Johnson I can't think of any SB winning QB who gets less respect than he does. If he reminds you of Johnson isn't that a good thing? The guy has played well, is known as a cerreberal QB who doesn't make mistakes. Now his arm strength you can debate and I will say is lacking, but other than that he does what he's asked.

You wouldn't take Brad Johnson like QB for this team? We haven't had a QB who could do better here in like 3-4 years. Frerrotte has been the best we've had over the last 4 years. That being said I need to find a strong beam and some rope,............preferrably not too long.

I have also found that short rope will work the best for you in situations like that.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom