Bring Zach Back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Zach Back?

I say you bring him back. If nothing else he could definately groom some younger guys that we pick up. Zach has always been said to be a real "student of the game." Maybe he could serve as a player coach of the D as Penny serves as the player coach of the O. I still think he has some spring left in his step too, seeing he did play well with the Cowboys. I do not see Crowder being back next year either, so he could fill his hole.

AND IF NOTHING ELSE.....BRING HIM BACK ON A 1 DAY TO RETIRE A PHIN!!

If he comes cheap why not. There is no downside to this. Draft another linebacker and have them play with one another and have ZT teach him. Thomas was on a horrible team this season so he didnt shine. Bring him back home!

Bring in a rookie and let him start. There's no reason to assume that a rookie linebacker can't be a starter considering the year that Mayo had for the Patriots.

The only thing about Zach is he is not a true 3-4 LB...he is suited for 4-3 behind big DTs...If he wouldnt mind being a coach then yes do it...If not let him retire a Phin...Build a statue of him next to Marino's and call it a day...Loved him as a Phin, thought he was the best but he needs to retire, too many concusions over his career and I dont want to see him get hurt for good...

no head aches with Zach

The only thing about Zach is he is not a true 3-4 LB...he is suited for 4-3 behind big DTs...If he wouldnt mind being a coach then yes do it...If not let him retire a Phin...Build a statue of him next to Marino's and call it a day...Loved him as a Phin, thought he was the best but he needs to retire, too many concusions over his career and I dont want to see him get hurt for good...

From what I have read he didnt really have as big of a concusion problem as everyone believed. He had a deviated septum which caused his head aches and concusion like symptoms. It is pi$$ poor that our medical staff could not find that problem. If they did he would still be in Miami.

Junior sSeau was old and slow, a few years back.. He's shown he has some gas left in the tank. Witht hat being said Zach can still play well, it just won't be in a 3-4 defense.

Sign him to a 1-day, $1 contract so he can retire as a Phin.

I guess I thought we basically just threw himaway for no good reason. Its not like Akinole was a big upgrade on him and neither was Torbor.

Only reason he should be allowed to sign back with us. We don't need him on the field. I am fine with signing him to let him retire on the spot as a Phin. He deserves that.

I dont care for the Cowgirls so I dont watch them much. I do have a few friends that are big Cowgirl fans and they said Zac played really well and they wondered why we let him go. If our doctors would have found his deviated septum two years ago he would still be a dolphin . GO DOLPHINS!!!

They didn't "let him go" he left

I thought they let him go. Either way he needs to retire a fin. I think he should be a LB coach in the near future, just as long as its with us.

Wow really? He was the second leading tackler for the Cowboys this year. As a Phinfan you should know how easy it is for Zach to have a solid year go unnoticed. If you look at his career #'s they are the same as Ray Lewis's he just goes about his business differently. Hell who am I talking to we are all Phin fans we know. The guy is just always around the ball it just doesn't make "Sports Center" every night.

He has stated that he doesn't like/want to play in a 3-4 D, one reason he opted out of Dallas.

i've got much respect for ZT, but he can't blitz, can't cover and is a 'soft' tackler .... not to mention he will get eaten alive in a 3-4

i know what this reads like, and its not meant to ... but none-the-less

He's an upgrade over Torbor and Smith, if he's not overly prideful and I know he's not, we should sign him and let him compete for a starting job and if he does'nt win it then we got good depth, we are playoof contenders , i see him coming back home if Parcells and Co. are interested.

Back
Top Bottom