Bring Zach Back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Zach Back?

He opted out of his Dallas deal. I know Parcells likes em big at that spot but he could teach the position to a young draft pick. I don't think Crowder will be a Phin next year. If he is then he should be because Parcells would have no problem looking elsewhere if he didn't think he could be the QB of this 'D'. From what I've seen I don't think he can but in 'Tuna' we trust.

get over it.... he is gone....

Ill have to admit I hadn't thought about the 3-4. You guys are right he would be exsposed.

I say he^^ ya. He has a good year or two under his belt. He has the headache problem figured out and we KNOW he can stop the runner before he is ten yards down the field. Mostly cause I want to wear my 54 jersey again!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Ummm...wear your Zach jersey. He's as much a Dolphin as Marino was when he retired. You should always feel proud to put on his jersey. A true fan would do that.

He opted out of his Dallas deal. I know Parcells likes em big at that spot but he could teach the position to a young draft pick. I don't think Crowder will be a Phin next year. If he is then he should be because Parcells would have no problem looking elsewhere if he didn't think he could be the QB of this 'D'. From what I've seen I don't think he can but in 'Tuna' we trust.

Zach is a 4-3 linebacker, not a 3-4... so that greatly decreases his chances.. although I would love it, and it would be great for disguising 4-3 and 3-4 looks, I seriously doubt he comes back

From what I have read he didnt really have as big of a concusion problem as everyone believed. He had a deviated septum which caused his head aches and concusion like symptoms. It is pi$$ poor that our medical staff could not find that problem. If they did he would still be in Miami.

This is the same medical staff that advised us to take Culpepper over Brees.

Zach is still better than torbor. I say why not. How bout we just bring him in as a player who is in for like the first two downs. In other words, not your every down linebacker.

Zach is still better than torbor. I say why not. How bout we just bring him in as a player who is in for like the first two downs. In other words, not your every down linebacker.

That would be alright if we played a 4-3 on both 1st and 2nd downs, but unfortunately for everyone who would like to see Zach back, we dont (me included).. Torbor's main contribution is on special teams, no way Zach would, or maybe even could, play special teams

Because that would be a serious waste of a roster spot. I can't believe this thread. It was Parcells that let Zach go b/c he's old. He's not going to bring Zach back now that he's older. Miami is going to draft a run stuffing MLB early in the draft. I like Zach, but you won't see him in a Fins uniform anymore.

Zach played great in Saban's 3-4. He is the NFL's second-all-time-tackler(closely behind Seau)(more tackles than Ray Lewis). Even at his old age, he is better in pass coverage than all of the linebackers on our roster. In fact, he's still better than all of our linebackers except for Joey Porter. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Zach's salary was too high... which was why he was let go, for half price, $3 or $4 million, I'd like to see Zach end his days as a dolphin.

myself included i would not mind brining him back for a year to see where he is at he a;ways played his heart out and gave 100% every play and retire a dolphins..

I love Zach, probably one of my all time favorite Dolphin players, but his time is past and we need to move forward. If we hope to ever compete for a championship we can't go backwards. Now I would be all for him coming in, in some kind of coaching capacity.

I just say why not bring him back, hell, we signed Derek Smith and the dude is ancient. He probably played against the '72 Dolphins

Zach played great in Saban's 3-4. He is the NFL's second-all-time-tackler(closely behind Seau)(more tackles than Ray Lewis). Even at his old age, he is better in pass coverage than all of the linebackers on our roster. In fact, he's still better than all of our linebackers except for Joey Porter. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Zach's salary was too high... which was why he was let go, for half price, $3 or $4 million, I'd like to see Zach end his days as a dolphin.

AA is signifigantly better in coverage than ZT. Coverage was never one of ZT's strengths.

Back
Top Bottom