Bring Zach Back? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Zach Back?

If Zach had been a GM, head coach or defensive coordinator and not ONE LINEBACKER, you might be on to something.

A small point yes, but I am talking about watching him try to cover a receiver late in the game. He did not do well. He never had answers leaders should have and worse, he never knew what to say. He would always say "we're just not a good team right now". People look to him to set the tone. I did not like his in bad times, and it is in bad times that that stuff shows its head. Nope, I would not take him anymore on my team, which of course it is not.

A small point yes, but I am talking about watching him try to cover a receiver late in the game. He did not do well. He never had answers leaders should have and worse, he never knew what to say. He would always say "we're just not a good team right now". People look to him to set the tone. I did not like his in bad times, and it is in bad times that that stuff shows its head. Nope, I would not take him anymore on my team, which of course it is not.

I didn't say I'd want him back either. He's old, undersized and not right for the scheme, so of course I wouldn't want him back. But to try and blame him for the defense as a whole not doing well is just retarded. If you have a defense, be it good or bad, then the best player on that defense (usually Zach or JT during their time here) make the D better than it would be without them. It's common sense.

Wow really? He was the second leading tackler for the Cowboys this year. As a Phinfan you should know how easy it is for Zach to have a solid year go unnoticed. If you look at his career #'s they are the same as Ray Lewis's he just goes about his business differently. Hell who am I talking to we are all Phin fans we know. The guy is just always around the ball it just doesn't make "Sports Center" every night.
Good point. I would love to hae him back.:bdh:

i've got much respect for ZT, but he can't blitz, can't cover and is a 'soft' tackler .... not to mention he will get eaten alive in a 3-4

i know what this reads like, and its not meant to ... but none-the-less
You got to be kidding right! A soft tackler. That mean you did not see him to much did you. I mean most of the times he ru:bdh:ng people bells. A lot of times most RB try to avoid getting hit by him. Yes bring him back PLEASE.

No need to stop there...

Miami could use Louis Oliver, Kieth Sims, and Ferrell Edmunds too...

Oh give me a break the guy had 96 tackles last year. Which by the way is more then ANY of our LB's and is only 4 behind our team leader Bell. I can see the argument against not bringing him back because of scheme but to act like he's old and washed up is just silly. If he could be gotten cheap who would be better to teach these young LB's there gonna bring in? I'm willing to bet Zach still has enough football in him to justify a roster spot.

Zach's stats are misleading. He should have a lot of tackles on a bad team where he was the best and playing in the middle.

yet some people on this board will tell you crowder is pulling his weight.

so which is misleading stats, or crowder is actually better than most of us think he is?

zachs stats are misleading, but crowders are a good sign for the team.
it can't work both ways.

Oh give me a break the guy had 96 tackles last year. Which by the way is more then ANY of our LB's and is only 4 behind our team leader Bell. I can see the argument against not bringing him back because of scheme but to act like he's old and washed up is just silly. If he could be gotten cheap who would be better to teach these young LB's there gonna bring in? I'm willing to bet Zach still has enough football in him to justify a roster spot.

I need to correct myself I was looking at Zach's total and our rosters solo tackles. So Zach would be behind Bell AND Crowder for tackles this year. But still I think my statement is valid.

I guess I find it hard to believe that people on this board can't possibly fathom zach coming in here and doing what crowder did last year.
tackling and defending six passes.

no spot on the roster. thats just bullheaded thinking.
if zach comes back, we can find another ILB to take over in the future. we got crowder in the third round, I'm sure that there will be capable ILB available in the next year or two for us to draft.

he's 3 inches smaller than CC and 8lbs. at least that is what they are listed at on nfl.com.

something tells me that zach's prep and teaching skills, not to mention his effort on the field make up for a 3 inch discrepency.

i've got much respect for ZT, but he can't blitz, can't cover and is a 'soft' tackler .... not to mention he will get eaten alive in a 3-4

i know what this reads like, and its not meant to ... but none-the-less

..Do you call this soft?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUajhpHAKA&feature=related

..Do you call this not being able to blitz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWULde0a5Ys&feature=related

..Do you call this not being able to cover? (I'll give you this one, at THIS point in his career he's lost a lot in his quickness to cover, but there's no doubt that he used to be a great at zone coverage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcbXWVT5ii4&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom