Bringing Back Marino? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Back Marino?

Has a player ever come back to the NFL after being inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Phin said:
Has a player ever come back to the NFL after being inducted into the Hall of Fame?
Good question, i don't think so!

Phin said:

Since they have to be 5 years removed from the league to even be on the ballots, nevermind if they don't get in the first year they are eligible, I'd have to say no on that one.

Phin said:

I swear i remember a 49er did it in a playoff game 5 years ago at linebacker.

IMO I would rather him not.. let the man leave in his prime and stay a legend instead of coming back and take a chance on ruinning his history....

NewEra13 said:
IMO I would rather him not.. let the man leave in his prime and stay a legend instead of coming back and take a chance on ruinning his history....

Yeah just like Michael Jordan's last attempt!!;)

I bet if he came back next season we would win a superbowl.

There are two QBs who I wish would come out of retirement: Dan Marino and Steve Young.

OMG!

Okay...I'm gonna take a beating here but I'm going to be honest.

Do ANY OF YOU remember Dan during his last few years? His pocket mobility, the little hops he used to do to avoid the rush were gone. His legs were SHOT. His arm strength was weakened from shoulder injuries and he was becoming injury prone in a big way.

Don't get me wrong...Dan was great...the best football memories of my life are watching Dan. That being said the Dan that retired was DUE to retire.

unifiedtheory said:
OMG!

Okay...I'm gonna take a beating here but I'm going to be honest.

Do ANY OF YOU remember Dan during his last few years? His pocket mobility, the little hops he used to do to avoid the rush were gone. His legs were SHOT. His arm strength was weakened from shoulder injuries and he was becoming injury prone in a big way.

Don't get me wrong...Dan was great...the best football memories of my life are watching Dan. That being said the Dan that retired was DUE to retire.

I couldn't agree with you more.... I actually cried the day I found out he retiered but then I celebrated after Jimmy Johnson left us. He is by far the best QB that I have had the honor of watching and I miss watching him play. But I don't want to see him come back and take a hit and not get up. He chose the right thing to do and I would feel selfish to want him to come back. But I would like to see him get a ring as a coach or something!!!

Nasty said:
My brother and I just started talkin about this... :bong2: what do you guys think?

Alright. What if we brought Dan back? Think about it... If a guy like Vinny Testy can play at that age, why not Dan? If we were to draft a QB next year, and needed a veteran stop-gap QB to mentor our future guy... I think Marino could do it. He never had talent around him like he would now. Who was his running back? Abdul-Jabar? He would have Ronnie&Ricky. He would also have Chambers, Booker, McMike, and our o-line that is solid and still improving.

He wouldnt need to come back and air it out to carry our offense. All he would need to do is manage the offense. And with another year of FA, with lots of spending room, and another draft class that produces 2-3 starters... maybe he, JT, Zach, and Sam all get their Superbowl?

And, if we did end up making it to the Superbowl... there is NO WAY those guys let us lose! :lol: I think they would all come out and dominate at their positions just out of the desire they all have...

He could do it! I GUARANTEE IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom