Bringing Back Marino? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Back Marino?

Alex22 said:
wow we all think alike

I believe we could
You guys have a good idea, but do you think Dan would actually do that. I mean, to me it seems that it would be a mockery to his whole career. He would want to earn that ring, not have it given to him.

dolfan72734me said:
You guys have a good idea, but do you think Dan would actually do that. I mean, to me it seems that it would be a mockery to his whole career. He would want to earn that ring, not have it given to him.
He would have to earn it by, being with the team the whole season, ala jason garret. If he was the backup and contributed, yes! But a part of me says, if i was the owner, i would give DAN the free pass. He has done so much for the fins that any 3rd stringer, who he replaces would not have deserved the ring as much, JMO!

This is all fun and games, but do you really think big DAN would come in for one kneel down to own a ring? Hell no. Thats why we love him. On the other hand, I think he still thinks he can throw the rock as good as Gus!

grendel said:
This is all fun and games, but do you really think big DAN would come in for one kneel down to own a ring? Hell no. Thats why we love him. On the other hand, I think he still thinks he can throw the rock as good as Gus!
Haha .... oo yeh he does think he can still throw ....... but if (big if) he came back fins would have to unretire is #

phin lockeroom said:
Haha .... oo yeh he does think he can still throw ....... but if (big if) he came back fins would have to unretire is #
Thats the irony, only the owner can unretire a number, and only W.H can allow Dan a one contract game for the ring! Dan is too classy for the one game dream, but with enough prodding, he might stage a real comeback, ala vinny (only 2 years younger and much less talent)!

Could you imagine #13 on the field one last time!

i was seriosly just imagining it grendel.......wow....what i feeling that would be!!...that would probably be the loudest cheer in dolphins stadium ever.....i WISH IT WOULD COME TRUE

ffphin said:
I would love to see him come back and win it all. But thats probally never going to happen but I guess we can all wish.... There is a Fin Fan here that thinks that Marino wasn't that good!!:eek:

WHAT!!!! How can you call yourself a FinFan and think Marino wasn't that good.Thats sick man!

Life is so funny, we once had Dan and an awful D-coordinator(ala Olivadotti) with no running game. Now we have a 2 great RB and an awesome defensive mind and the perfect offence for Dan. Can you imagine DAn in Linehans offense!

Nasty said:
ya... but I'm not worried about the mobility thing... he never had any anyways. :lol:

He was not mobile but was one of the best at avoiding a speed rush.

I remember Dan's last game when Jacksonville destroyed us....I was hoping Dan would maybe play one more GAME just so that this would not be his final game and memory.....but I think too many years have gone by. I think Dan is enjoying his retirement and his HOF induction. He has nothing to prove and will always be the best ever. I am just happy I got to see Dan play and I also was lucky living here in Colorado to see John Elway play many times. To me these are the two best QB's ever. :) With Dan at #1.

His arm is still strong, but the little mobility he had in his playing days is now gone. He'd be sacked just dropping back to pass. Plus he had so many injuries throughout his career even with his toughness that he once had i doubt he could take any more hits. Vinny is different, he spent a lot of his career as a backup and played a lot less than Dan, took a lot less hits and threw a lot less passes that's why guys like he and Flutie can play till they are 78 years old.

Yea.. get him like Ogden, Pace, or Roaf at LT.. Hutchinson at LG.. Mawai or Kreutz at C.. some good RG... Carey should do at RT... then maybe he will come back.. oh yea and bring in Lorenzo Neal or Dan Kreider at FB and promise Dan the FB will never go on pass routes, only block..then maybe... and then again maybe Dan is having an affair with Lois Einhorn.

Back
Top Bottom