Bringing Back Marino? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Back Marino?

AquaInferno said:
Be fair to Farve this is towards the end of his career, the guy plays a good game. And JR who posted Marino is overrated is saying that based on what he sees on ESPN classic, he obviously didn't watch him at all. Or maybe he's a Ray Finkle fan, laces out Dan, right Ray?

No opinions on Dan as a QB coach? Thought I'd get at least a positive post and a flame for it, but I got notta.

Yeah Brett is a great QB but he needs to retire or go to another team (which I don't see him doing he is to good of a guy). GB is in a rebuilding stage and Brett is taking some REAL hard hits. I would rather see him walk of the field not carted off of it. And oh yeah I don't want him to break Marinos records :) .

scenaria said:
it would be cool when we get to the superbowl to sign danny up for that ONE game and let him take a snap for a bomb down the field..

now I think that would rock!

if Dallas can give emitt a one day contract so he can retire as a cowboy then why couldnt we sign dan up for the superbowl so he could get his much deserved ring.

dude I was writing that as you posted lol you beat me to it :lol:

great minds think alike

If we made it to the big game sometime, could we actually sign Dan on for 1 game? Right before the Superbowl, let him take a snap and do a quick dump pass or something, just to get my man a ring you know?

ffphin said:
Yeah Brett is a great QB but he needs to retire or go to another team (which I don't see him doing he is to good of a guy). GB is in a rebuilding stage and Brett is taking some REAL hard hits. I would rather see him walk of the field not carted off of it. And oh yeah I don't want him to break Marinos records :) .

yeah i dont want him to be another troy aikman who takes a big head and never comes back on the field.......

AquaInferno said:
If we made it to the big game sometime, could we actually sign Dan on for 1 game? Right before the Superbowl, let him take a snap and do a quick dump pass or something, just to get my man a ring you know?

wow we all think alike

I believe we could

Nasty said:
My brother and I just started talkin about this... :bong2: what do you guys think?

Alright. What if we brought Dan back? Think about it... If a guy like Vinny Testy can play at that age, why not Dan? If we were to draft a QB next year, and needed a veteran stop-gap QB to mentor our future guy... I think Marino could do it. He never had talent around him like he would now. Who was his running back? Abdul-Jabar? He would have Ronnie&Ricky. He would also have Chambers, Booker, McMike, and our o-line that is solid and still improving.

He wouldnt need to come back and air it out to carry our offense. All he would need to do is manage the offense. And with another year of FA, with lots of spending room, and another draft class that produces 2-3 starters... maybe he, JT, Zach, and Sam all get their Superbowl?

And, if we did end up making it to the Superbowl... there is NO WAY those guys let us lose! :lol: I think they would all come out and dominate at their positions just out of the desire they all have...

One hit and he is in the Hospital. I think not.

Alex22 said:
yeah i dont want him to be another troy aikman who takes a big head and never comes back on the field.......

Yeah thats not a way for a great competitor to go out. And he seems like a great guy. But he is not as good as Marino... in my eyes!

Hmm, can we maybe get the NFL to change the rules even more, so it's absolutely illegal to touch the QB at all, under any circumstances? The penalty would be immediate forfeit.

I loved watching Dan play, but at this point he probably has only marginally more mobility than that statue of him by the stadium. (I bet he can still throw a decent pass, though.)

ffphin said:
Yeah thats not a way for a great competitor to go out. And he seems like a great guy. But he is not as good as Marino... in my eyes!

Of course marino is #1

then favre to me is #2

Alex22 said:
Know what would be awsome?

If we made the superbowl

Sign Dan to a 1 game contract

make him the #2 QB and on the last play of the game put him in if we had the lead and let him throw a pass or take a knee

No offense, but if I had Marino on my team, no way he would be the #2 QB. I'm starting him all the way. Look at our roster...who would you put above Dan?
I rest my case.

Vinny is 42 y.o. and DAN is 44, I think he still has it in his heart. I d love to see that old fool throw the rock one more time in a fins uniform. He should get back in shape and be ready to sign that one game contract in the next couple of years when we make a run. Put Dan in for one drive and he gets the ring and NO more crap about whos the greatest!!!!!

I hope Dan stays away. I would love to see him, he was my favorite player of all time. But let him enjoy his health, if he takes the wrong sort of hit to those knees of his, he will probably limp around for the rest of his life.
Also, Dan deserves better than to be a stopgap for a rebuilding team.

I would love to see him come and coach our quarterbacks though...

lol Danny coming back would be totally AWESOME!!! But ya I agree the more realistic idea would be to have him as QB coach I mean I'm seriously suprised he hasn't done it yet because he would be great at it I think. But I still like the fantasy of Danny playing another year.

Oh yeah and Mr. "he is overrated"..... what more can i say your stupid.

S.B.

BigDolphan said:
No offense, but if I had Marino on my team, no way he would be the #2 QB. I'm starting him all the way. Look at our roster...who would you put above Dan?
I rest my case.

um he hasnt played in 5 years and you want him to sign a 1 day contract and play in the superbowl? with no knowlege of the offense?

that makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom