Brock Berlin Season Stats | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin Season Stats

Dolfan81 said:
final someone shows some scence in here, some of the BS that has been said really makes me think
How many of u are true fin fans?

I love it when people come up with a set of ridiculous arbritrary rules, upon which noncompliance relinquishes your status as a "true Dolphins fan".

How about this--Brock Berlin sucks, and shouldn't be a Dolphin. but at least he'll be practice squad only.

How is it anti-Dolphin to say that?

I don't get it, if you haven't played football you have no right to critisize a Dolphin player??? Or is it, if you haven't played organized football you have no right to make comments on these threads??? Well I have played football before but have never played the quarterback position does that restrict me from making comments about Dolphin quarterbacks??? I'm not going to joke on Berlin, but I had high hopes for him since he came from the U of M and he is playing lousey in an inferior league. The bottom line is I doubt he is impressing Saban and Mueller very much right now and thats who he has to impress, not us!

I wouldn't put Berlin down, respect what he is doing in Europe and wish him the best as he is a fin right now. However, I'm not dissapointed because I can't understand why anyone had any kind of expectations for the guy. I didn't and don't. Same thing with Lemon, I have no expectations for him either. Everybody loves searching for that diamond in the rough, or thinking we already have him on the roster, when in reality there is a 1 or 2 percent chance we find one. I like proven commodities myself. Nothing pisses me off more than, "the fins should bring in (insert name here, my favorite was Rohan Davey) because he can't be any worse than what we have." That logic sucks IMHO, why settle for something that isn't a vast improvement??? Hopefully Pep eliminates that thinking.

yeah he totally blew the game against drew henson and his team when he threw the ball away to make it a final 31-21 loss. sorry no deal to 2nd string with this guy :)

OneHondo said:
I don't get it, if you haven't played football you have no right to critisize a Dolphin player??? Or is it, if you haven't played organized football you have no right to make comments on these threads??? Well I have played football before but have never played the quarterback position does that restrict me from making comments about Dolphin quarterbacks??? I'm not going to joke on Berlin, but I had high hopes for him since he came from the U of M and he is playing lousey in an inferior league. The bottom line is I doubt he is impressing Saban and Mueller very much right now and thats who he has to impress, not us!
oh please....so if you've never played organized football you can't possibly comment on a player's performance? grow up.

UF Fin Kat said:
oh please....so if you've never played organized football you can't possibly comment on a player's performance? grow up.

If you had actually taken the time to read what the poster above you had said, you'd have realized he was agreeing with you.

Jesus....

tmny99 said:
Not gonna happen. For a couple of reasons: 1) we have a sixth round pick invested in Lemon and nothing in Berlin. Keeping Berlin would ultimately be a waste in a pick. A sixth rounder should at least be able to hold down the third spot on the depth chart. 2) If Saban keeps Berlin and lets Lemon go, he will be admitting a mistake. He would be admitting the he did in fact waste a draft pick. I think, if anything, Saban's ego would not allow for that move. 3) There is still an outside shot that Lemon could develop into a QB that could garner draft compensation some day. He's got a lot more physical tools Berlin (stronger arm, mobility, athleticism) and potentially more upside than Berlin JMO.

1. A sixth round pick should at least be able to hold down the third spot on the depth chart? What about Josh Heupel? Cleo Lemon was an undrafted free agent that we traded the 6th for, so maybe we should call Heupel back in to try to beat him out. 6th round picks are relatively meaningless, that's why teams give them away like candy. Occasionally you find a diamond in the rough ala Tom Brady, but if the player doesn't pan out there isn't any lost sleep over a 6th rounder. Not to mention the 6th was really more for thanking the Chargers for helping us dispose of Feeley without taking the cap hit of cutting him than it was for Lemon.

2. Saban has no problems admitting mistakes, though he sometimes disguises it as making some sort of stylistic change (moving Linehan to the sideline from the box for example). If Saban can do something to improve the team, he will, even if it's him undoing an earlier move.

3. Berlin could develop as well. He has intangibles that win games (see huge comeback vs. UF) as well as decent tools. I wouldn't base an evaluation of him or anyone else on NFLE where teams are patched together with no time to develop team chemistry or meaningful offensive systems. Give him a chance to compete against Lemon in camp for the third spot and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Berlin won out (nor would I be surprised if Lemon won out)

TarHeelFinFan said:
1. A sixth round pick should at least be able to hold down the third spot on the depth chart? What about Josh Heupel? Cleo Lemon was an undrafted free agent that we traded the 6th for, so maybe we should call Heupel back in to try to beat him out. 6th round picks are relatively meaningless, that's why teams give them away like candy. Occasionally you find a diamond in the rough ala Tom Brady, but if the player doesn't pan out there isn't any lost sleep over a 6th rounder. Not to mention the 6th was really more for thanking the Chargers for helping us dispose of Feeley without taking the cap hit of cutting him than it was for Lemon.
You take the same cap him for cutting a guy as trading a guy.

Back
Top Bottom