Brock Berlin Season Stats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin Season Stats

Horses for courses. I'm in europe (england) and this year the NFLE games aren't even getting regular TV coverage. For good reason unfortunately. These are scratch teams with little practice time together and tend to build a simpler offense on that basis at the best of times. Often the games only aspire to a mid level college standard.

Within the context of what's actually on offer Berlin's stats are honestly not that bad

TarHeelFinFan said:
I'm not saying he's good, but people laughing at him is ridiculous. How would you like it if every time at your job you didn't do as well as you would have liked a couple hundred people visited you at work to laugh and point? People seem to think Cleo Lemon is this great QB and he's not. There will be a battle between Lemon and Berlin for the #3 spot, and don't be surprised if Berlin gets it.

Not gonna happen. For a couple of reasons: 1) we have a sixth round pick invested in Lemon and nothing in Berlin. Keeping Berlin would ultimately be a waste in a pick. A sixth rounder should at least be able to hold down the third spot on the depth chart. 2) If Saban keeps Berlin and lets Lemon go, he will be admitting a mistake. He would be admitting the he did in fact waste a draft pick. I think, if anything, Saban's ego would not allow for that move. 3) There is still an outside shot that Lemon could develop into a QB that could garner draft compensation some day. He's got a lot more physical tools Berlin (stronger arm, mobility, athleticism) and potentially more upside than Berlin JMO.

tmny99 said:
Not gonna happen. For a couple of reasons: 1) we have a sixth round pick invested in Lemon and nothing in Berlin. Keeping Berlin would ultimately be a waste in a pick. A sixth rounder should at least be able to hold down the third spot on the depth chart. 2) If Saban keeps Berlin and lets Lemon go, he will be admitting a mistake. He would be admitting the he did in fact waste a draft pick. I think, if anything, Saban's ego would not allow for that move. 3) There is still an outside shot that Lemon could develop into a QB that could garner draft compensation some day. He's got a lot more physical tools Berlin (stronger arm, mobility, athleticism) and potentially more upside than Berlin JMO.
"Lemon could develop ... garner draft compensation some day"? Joey Harrington can't even garner a 4th.

finsUK said:
Horses for courses. I'm in europe (england) and this year the NFLE games aren't even getting regular TV coverage. For good reason unfortunately. These are scratch teams with little practice time together and tend to build a simpler offense on that basis at the best of times. Often the games only aspire to a mid level college standard.

Within the context of what's actually on offer Berlin's stats are honestly not that bad

There you go...

YEa..he looked pretty good for us last year in preseason (against 2nd & 3rd stringers of course). Sucks to see him struggling even in Europe!

Those are some terrible stats? Why does this thread exist, even worse I saw a Brock Berlin bandwagon thread not too long ago! Why does THAT exist???

AquaInferno said:
Those are some terrible stats? Why does this thread exist, even worse I saw a Brock Berlin bandwagon thread not too long ago! Why does THAT exist???

:sidelol:

WestCoast13 said:
He had the best stats during last years pre season though. Isn't he playing against the same talent level or worse? Could it just be the offense he is in?
x2

i just think its the system he's in... it isn't complementary to his talents. let's face it, he's not as bad as his stats show. For starters, he was pretty decent at UM... not earth-shattering, but decent... and he did great in the preseason of '05...

FansinceJan'72 said:
"Lemon could develop ... garner draft compensation some day"? Joey Harrington can't even garner a 4th.

Joey Harrington has played in games and everyone in the world knows that he sucks. That's why he can't garner any interest. Who is to say that Lemon doesn't play well and become a decent back up? We don't know anything yet.

TarHeelFinFan said:
The funny thing is that of all the people laughing their arse off at Berlin, I bet all of zero have played in anything more meaningful than a backyard pickup game. Let's have you play in an NFL Europe game with nearly 300-pound linebackers blitzing you and see how you fare. The guy is not the greatest thing since Dan Marino, but he's not chopped liver either. He can be a serviceable third string QB that might develop into a solid backup if given the right coaching and system.

What a silly comment. The next time you get a hamburger you don't like, you are required to fill out an affidavit attesting that you've worked in a kitchen before or you will have to refrain from complaint!

Back
Top Bottom