Brock Jensen Brings Championship Pedigree To Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Jensen Brings Championship Pedigree To Dolphins

Thanks KC, weak armed no, weird footwork yes, he looks off balance and almost falling over on his throws, his back foot is always way of the ground. Watch RT highlights from college, his footwork is just amazing, especially on the run.
]

Yeah its pretty much impossible to tell if he's weak armed just from the tape but it does look like he puts a lot more effort into his throws than a Mike Vick who can throw it 40 yards with just a flick of his wrist. Tannehill seems to be able to throw it with little effort too. So I can't say for sure if he's relatively weak but my guess would be he is.

Does he play special teams ? The last Jensen QB we picked up did and ended up being a solid TE as well :)

download_zpse0c1ca1e-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't have a big arm but he's not as weak armed as Pennington -- which is to say, all else being equal, he could potentially play QB in this league. His arm is adequate if between the ears is adequate.

LD

Should we list all the national championship winning QBs who
don't make it in the NFL?

Great feel good story, but temper expectations.

He doesn't have a big arm but he's not as weak armed as Pennington -- which is to say, all else being equal, he could potentially play QB in this league. His arm is adequate if between the ears is adequate.

LD

I don't think there's very many qbs in NFL history that had the football iq Chad had though. Any other qb with that arm probably has no shot in the NFL.

I was watching just the other day, and I forgot who it was, but they said when Chad was a rookie he taught testiverde the playbook.

If I'm Pat Delvin I'm worried. Matt Moore not so much.

He looks a guy who need proper coaching before passing judgement. I doubt any FCS school has a QB savant in it's coaching ranks.

it's the Marlins ... they can do that Daytona :chuckle:

Armed and Dangerous ... perfect hat for a QB.

In this case I'm willing to be one of the guys who fills in the blanks and dismisses the player without knowing anything about him. Actually I love that practice because it allows me to be on the right side more often than not, without doing any work.

Let's see, not highly rated out of high school, small school, not drafted despite great success in college. Yep, I'm confident all the hype is misplaced.

Maybe this year's Chad Bumphis...looking good early until all the physical limitations are too glaring to ignore.

I was thinking about bumphis the other day... what ever happened him?

In this case I'm willing to be one of the guys who fills in the blanks and dismisses the player without knowing anything about him. Actually I love that practice because it allows me to be on the right side more often than not, without doing any work.

Let's see, not highly rated out of high school, small school, not drafted despite great success in college. Yep, I'm confident all the hype is misplaced.

Maybe this year's Chad Bumphis...looking good early until all the physical limitations are too glaring to ignore.

Jensen is likely a long shot for the roster. He will really need to perform well in training camp/preseason to have a shot to unseat Devlin. Also, Devlin will need to either take a step back or stay even while Jensen does amazing. Again, he is likely a long shot to make the final roster, but I am definitely rooting for him to do well. The backup quarterback position behind Tannehill becomes hazy after this season and it would be nice to know if either Devlin or Jensen is worth keepimg going forward.

Whatever happens though, Jensen can't be any worse than Clay Belton or Aaron Corp.

The third QB spot should be a developmental guy you feel has a chance to be good one day.....Devlin is going into his fourth season as this guy, its either already here or getting to be time that they feel he is still that guy or find a new prospect to groom.

I didn't see enough from Devlin in the last camp to say with any certainty that he has a bright future. If Jensen displays the ability to make all the throws and shows real potential in camp it will not shock me if Devlin is replaced.

Back
Top Bottom