Brown Talks Proceeding Cautiously | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown Talks Proceeding Cautiously

I don't hate on Ronnie, I think once he gets in here and gets up to speed, he'll be great. I'm just frustrated that he's not in camp, and getting prepared for the season....

I hope he signs soon...

PHINZ RULE!!!

CrunchTime said:
There is an irony to the whole system.

The worst NFL teams GM (You can also say the worst GM) sets the standard for the pay scale for the rest of the first round picks.

Its a ridiculous system that must be changed.

I have said along that RB should not be taken that high in the draft.IMO only a QB justifies that investment (Putting aside the bust possibilities )

RBs have shorter careers and they are not in 100 pct of the offensive plays like a QB.It looks like Ronny will be alternated with our other RBs anyway.

In effect Ronnie Brown will be paid MUCH more than Smith if you consider the No of plays he will be in compared to a QB throughout their careers.

So, then give 22 million to a LB? To a punter/kicker who can play til he's 45? Give to an OL who isn't worth that much even at a vet? To a WR that isn't that valuable either?

It's all value. RB is value as a good RB can change games, can change seasons, can change DC's game plans, can open things up. Often a RB blocks or is the last out for your glorified QB. Dan was the QB of QBs and without a real RB, where did he go? At thins point a good RB is better then a good QB. Take the Edge out of Indy and see what Peyton does.

There's nothing wrong with getting the huge contract, I just don't like the up front guaranteed crap. If he Winlow's it, we're out a lot of cash, I don't like that about the NBA either.

Back
Top Bottom