Browns Shopping Haden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Shopping Haden

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld

Joe Haden - DB - Browns
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Browns are "aggressively trying to trade" CB Joe Haden.

La Canfora adds the team is "very motivated" to move Haden's contract, which will pay him $32.9 million over the next three seasons. His recent play does not justify that kind of money, and he has become an injury liability in the last couple years. All of that suggests Cleveland is unlikely to find a trade partner. The Browns owe Haden $4 million guaranteed this year, but they can get out of the deal with little liability next spring.

The money makes it hard for this to happen but I would not mind a veteran albeit injury prone veteran add some depth to our cornerback room.

No thanks. Rather have just drafted his collegiate successor.

If he's cut, and Miami doesn't have to pay him 10 million I'd entertain the idea. But that's not going to happen so....

Tempting but not excited about paying big money to injury prone vets on wrong side of career

If they ate 40% of the money, I'd give them a conditional 6th round pick if he's on our roster at the start of the 2018 season.

They would probably end up starting Jamar Taylor if they ship Joe off. Those poor Browns.

Taylor already starts (remember that he picked off Tannehill last year).

My guess is that with the draft of Peppers and Nacua that they'll be running a Big Nickel package to utilize all their safeties along with Kindred and Pryor.

I'd want out of that money too if I was the browns. No way anyone should take on that contract

Back
Top Bottom