Browns Shopping Haden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Shopping Haden

I'm more interested in Cameron Erving. He's an offensive lineman who can play all 5 positions. They are shopping him as well. He was a 1st round pick in 2015, so he had this year and next year left on his rookie deal. They need a WR. Send Caroo and a late round pick for him.

This is much more intriguing, but I don't think he's been very good has he?

If it were Drango, yes immediately. Erving seems to have lost the edge he had in college. Some guys once they get paid, just lose all motivation. He may be a good pickup in the future when he is broke. Not right now though.

Erving was way over drafted to begin with. Haden I'd consider a 5th if the Browns would eat the guaranteed part of his deal.
I thought he was guy that just once a shot at ring before he retires. Honestly he's the perfect pickup for a real contender

Must suck to be draft by the Browns..

Last edited:
If you trade Maxwell for him and you can get out at a 4 million next season I'd definitely kick the tires, so much more upside with him then we have with Maxwell, and with this year being a wash imo (F*#&@* ACLs) might as well see if his body has got anything left in the tank.

If Erving is worth having, Jameis Winston will likely be petitioning his squad to get him.

Trading Maxwell for Haden still means $6M less in cap space this year.

Trading Maxwell for Haden still means $6M less in cap space this year.

How did you come up with that?

Miami would clear 8.5 million in base salary with no cap hit penalty due to the Eagles trade as they took that hit and Cleveland would eat Joe Haden's cap hit and Miami would only take the base for Haden at 11.1 million (4 of which are guaranteed).

Essentially Miami would only add 2.6 million in cap and since there is no guaranteed money left on Haden in 2018 they are in a similar spot as they would be with Maxwell in 2018.

I'm more interested in Cameron Erving. He's an offensive lineman who can play all 5 positions. They are shopping him as well. He was a 1st round pick in 2015, so he had this year and next year left on his rookie deal. They need a WR. Send Caroo and a late round pick for him.
If Erving couldn't make it on a depleted Browns roster, how good can he be?

Back
Top Bottom