Bryan Gilmore Could See More Playing Time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Gilmore Could See More Playing Time

enigmatics said:
Speculate all you want. We currently know ZERO about what's going on with Boston.

Speaking of which, Does anyone have information on Boston's health or how the coaches feel about him?

dolphan117 said:
Speaking of which, Does anyone have information on Boston's health or how the coaches feel about him?

Nobody does............ all we can do is make assumptions. The only fact is he's been suiting up, but barely (if at all) playing. If I were to assume anything, I'd assume that getting back into playing shape from the injury he had takes a little longer than a year. If he's not getting more PT by Week 7 or 8 then I'd start to think his comeback will be short lived.

And if anything, if Saban thought he was worthless to the team he'd have been cut by now. We've seen it in the personnel decisions he's made thus far.

DB has beaten defensive backs at least 2x and the ball has been under thrown. He has not gone up and gotten the ball ala Randy Moss. But then again, neither has any of our WRs for the most part.

enigmatics said:
Nobody does............ all we can do is make assumptions. The only fact is he's been suiting up, but barely (if at all) playing. If I were to assume anything, I'd assume that getting back into playing shape from the injury he had takes a little longer than a year. If he's not getting more PT by Week 7 or 8 then I'd start to think his comeback will be short lived.

And if anything, if Saban thought he was worthless to the team he'd have been cut by now. We've seen it in the personnel decisions he's made thus far.

I realy hope its just the injury needing more time. I was a huge fan of his in Arizona. If he could even get back to 75 percent of that.....

byroan said:
We did throw a long one to Boston. He didn't even try to catch the ball.

True but that was just one game. I really want Boston's situation to work out here. I think he needs to be given the opportunity to display his talents and until he is given that opportunity, I still think he is a good WR.

BTW love the sig! :)

I listened to Saban say this. He basically was asked why Gilmore got into the game as a receiver against Carolina. If it was a reward for his special teams play or what? Saban said, no, it is because he does good. It was kind of funny, in a Saban way of course.

Basically, he said Gilmore is the ideal replacement for Chambers for a few plays to help keep everyone fresh and allow their talented players ( like Gilmore ) to get on the field and make plays. He isn't really "taking" Boston's spot. It is just that Saban feels he needs to be on the field a little more often, and quite frankly, I agree.

People got way too hyped over Boston in preseason. Remember, most of his time came against camp fodder and depth chart players. Plus, he was used perfectly in TC and preseason. His legs are shot, we cannot expect to see him for more than a few plays at a time without risking him. The coaching staff knows this, and uses him as such. When he is in, Gus looks for him, which is all you can do for the guy. It is up to him to remain healthy and get open while on the field.

Right now, Gilmore backs up Chambers and Boston is probably more of a backup to Booker or simply just a backup like Welker. We should be fortunate to have such depth.

In my gut I have always had a bad feeling about Boston and I still do. It just seems too good to be true that a guy with that sort of talent is on our bench waiting to be used. For the most part it is.

Boston you just get this feeling will never contribute for us one way or another.

On Gilmore, I think he could be a fine receiver. I liked what I saw last year considering how horrible our offense was and this year he played well in the preseason and on spread packages. He is a more than serviceable 4th WR.

Back
Top Bottom