Bryant McKinnie to start at LT against Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie to start at LT against Patriots

In other words, the Dolphins agreed with Spesh's things > Clabo thread.

Also, assuming Jeff Ireland sticks around, he's going to make getting a left tackle priority #1, unfortunately. The only thing worse than Ireland's mistakes are Ireland's overreactions.

Also, assuming Jeff Ireland sticks around, he's going to make getting a left tackle priority #1, unfortunately. The only thing worse than Ireland's mistakes are Ireland's overreactions.

Well here's the thing: given how bad Jeff Ireland is at drafting players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I wouldn't mind if we gave up our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get a tackle who can actually play.

And yeah, I know exactly how damning that sentence is.

Well here's the thing: given how bad Jeff Ireland is at drafting players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I wouldn't mind if we gave up our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get a tackle who can actually play.

And yeah, I know exactly how damning that sentence is.

That's like saying I hope a boxer punches me with his left hand instead of his right because his right is his knockout blow. I'd rather not demean myself by hoping for the lesser of pitiful options when I can just shoot the boxer or run him over with my car. In other words I'm done child proofing the offseason/draft and hoping for anything with regards to Jeff Ireland other than he gets fired.

How do you know? You think they made this move for their health? Martin and Clabo had an entire offsason to be ready and their still not ready 6 games in. I mean seriously what is your argument going to be if McKinnie has a bad game: "See I told you we should of stuck with Martin and Clabo?" The man showed enough to be starting on Sunday . . . I'll take it.

Eugene Monroe sat for week before Baltimore thought he was ready.

Will Mckinnie be much better than Clabo? I have very serious doubts, better sure, but is a bit better than Clabo good enough? especially at LT

One thing is for sure, mckinnie wont get bulldozed on the left side like Martin did.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

How is trading a CONDITIONAL late rd pick for a LT an over reaction? The Ravens plugged him in as a starter during the playoffs last yr and he played well. I was a low risk move.
Many things have gone wrong this season and I guess that should be blamed on the coaching staff. Its not just the O-line. Its also pedestrian efforts by guys like Reshad Jones, Mike Wallace, Lamar Miller etc. There was also the injury to Keller.
I don't think its a lack of talent. Wallace played well at Pittsburgh and everyone praised Jones last yr.

One thing is for sure, mckinnie wont get bulldozed on the left side like Martin did.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;TahoNIlOFQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahoNIlOFQ0[/video]

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

How is trading a CONDITIONAL late rd pick for a LT an over reaction? The Ravens plugged him in as a starter during the playoffs last yr and he played well. I was a low risk move.
Many things have gone wrong this season and I guess that should be blamed on the coaching staff. Its not just the O-line. Its also pedestrian efforts by guys like Reshad Jones, Mike Wallace, Lamar Miller etc. There was also the injury to Keller.
I don't think its a lack of talent. Wallace played well at Pittsburgh and everyone praised Jones last yr.

Within the context of my post it was very clear that the overreaction -- assuming he's here to make it -- will be next year.

clabo was just terrible, I'm not surprised with this news. I think martins a better rt anyway so hopefully this upgrades the line play.

its a shame that it had to come to a game changing fumble where clabo let a guy run past him untouched to make an upgrade when it was clear as day that clabo was a serious liability.

its a shame that it had to come to a game changing fumble where clabo let a guy run past him untouched to make an upgrade when it was clear as day that clabo was a serious liability.

If they clean house again this offseason, I won't shed any tears. I'll point to this entire mess at the tackle position as the reason why I am indifferent to a January bloodbath.

Back
Top Bottom