Bryant McKinnie to start at LT against Patriots | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie to start at LT against Patriots

I can't see them completely cleaning house but I do see an offensive line overhaul in the future...everyone is going to look to be upgraded except pouncey

I can't see them completely cleaning house but I do see an offensive line overhaul in the future...everyone is going to look to be upgraded except pouncey

Incognito is one of only two pieces on the OL that actually works. It would be the epitome of a Jeff Ireland move to let him walk and try to fill that piece with either an unknown quantity or a draft pick who has shown nothing (Dallas Thomas).

So I fully expect to see Incognito in another uniform next season and LG to be added to our list of problems.

I don't think in cog is gonna definitely be gone but I can't believe they wouldnt at least explore an upgrade but I agree after pouncey incognito is the best one but definitely the other 3 spots need upgrading

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

maybe martin plays good or better at right tackle and he sticks as rt? idk but he wasn't cutting it as a Lt from what I've seen, I thought he played better from the right anyway from what I can remember

They had no choice but to make this change...none...if it doesn't work out at least they tried...although there's been other things they could have done with the existing personnel during the week off and they chose to do nothing...assanine

Next years draft needs to be o-line heavy and we need to hit free agency hard for the o-line too

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Face it, Pouncey is the ONLY o-lineman worth keeping.

The Dolphins acquired McKinnie from the Ravens on Monday. Miami has had serious offensive line issues, so installing McKinnie as an immediate starter on Ryan Tannehill's blind side can't hurt. Jonathan Martin is expected to shift over to right tackle with Tyson Clabo moving to the bench. McKinnie, 34, won't be a savior but it will be hard to play worse than Martin and Clabo have.
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/miami-dolphins

Incognito is one of only two pieces on the OL that actually works. It would be the epitome of a Jeff Ireland move to let him walk and try to fill that piece with either an unknown quantity or a draft pick who has shown nothing (Dallas Thomas).

So I fully expect to see Incognito in another uniform next season and LG to be added to our list of problems.

It would not surprise me either.

That said, The most logical and quickest fixes are;

1) This is an audition yr for McKinnie
2) Give Garner, Yeatman, & Watkins legit shots this yr
3) Keep Richie I
4) cut Jerry & Clabo at this seasons end
5) Draft Yankey put him at LG

Ideally next season, the OL would be (L to R)... McKinnie, Yankey, Pouncey, Watkins, Martin Backups Yeatman, Garner, & Thomas

I am just so tired of hearing about sacks. Get rid of the ball, move in the pocket, block up front and get your blitz pick ups in the backfield.

You can see him doing exaclty that!..it's his MO...

It would not surprise me either.

That said, The most logical and quickest fixes are;

1) This is an audition yr for McKinnie
2) Give Garner, Yeatman, & Watkins legit shots this yr
3) Keep Richie I
4) cut Jerry & Clabo at this seasons end
5) Draft Yankey put him at LG

Ideally next season, the OL would be (L to R)... McKinnie, Yankey, Pouncey, Watkins, Martin Backups Yeatman, Garner, & Thomas

I want to see Garner and Yeatman, especially Yeatman, either play soon or leave.....Watkins I really don't expect anything this year maybe next.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, if Ross said he wanted immediate changes..

Whats really surprising here is that ANYONE would who follows the team would be surprised by this.

See what i did there? :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom