Bryant Mckinnie willing to play RT. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Mckinnie willing to play RT.

Smith21

Club Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that Mckinnie wants to play RT for the Dolphins

Bring in Mckinnie to play RT.. Allows a rookie to sit on the bench and if Albert or Mckinnie gets injured we have a guy like Zach Martin waiting for his chance.

make it happen hickey. Can't be worse than Clabo or Columbo

Source? I'm fine bringing him back, as he's instantly your backup LT too, and he shouldn't be too expensive.

As a depth signing why not? but at LT. Not down to experiment. bring him back but you still have to draft a OT/OL in 1st or 2nd to groom in case mckinnie gets a "case of the martin/clabo"

swing tackle...but draft some competition at least...ideally your 3rd tackle i say...if the torn meniscus is cleaned up while he's still a 10 foot box tackle we could do a lot worse and we well missed our window in free agency on a right tackle...so insure youir rookie pick

zach martin or billy turner would be my preferred draft targets...maybe a michael schofield on day 3

If he promises to shut the hell up and stop talking about things he knows very little about, then they should consider it.....

Im all for it at the right price. He can also switch back to LT in a pinch due to injury.

How much is he paying us...err, I mean how much are we paying?

He said when he got here that he never played it before so...not sure this is a great idea at this point. The idea of bringing him back as a backup though at LT may be worth consideration.

If McKinnie is willing to play right tackle, he better be working on his technique right now because everything is opposite of what he is used to.

Okay never mind, here it is.

Bryant McKinnie has spent his entire 12-year NFL career as a left tackle, but that doesn't mean the former University of Miami standout isn't willing to switch sides for the right opportunity.

McKinnie, who started the final 10 games for the Miami Dolphins at left tackle in 2013, told WQAM that he's willing to play right tackle for his next employer.

"It shouldn't be too hard," McKinnie told WQAM in an interview you can listen to here. "I have done it in practice a few times. It shouldn't be too much of a transition."

The Dolphins have not ruled out re-signing McKinnie, a former University of Miami standout, whom the team gave up an undisclosed late-round draft pick to acquire from Baltimore last October.

McKinnie voided the final year of the two-year, $6.3 million deal he signed with the Ravens last offseason to made the trade with Miami happen because he wanted to return to South Florida, and play for the Dolphins.

McKinnie, who turns 35 in September, said it is possible he could wait until after May's draft to sign with his next team. He's searching for the right opportunity and can see himself playing two or three more seasons.McKinnie said his goal is to find a team where he's a good fit, and a city where he "enjoys working."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...e-for-dolphins-others-20140317,0,274497.story

swing tackle...but draft some competition at least...ideally your 3rd tackle i say...if the torn meniscus is cleaned up while he's still a 10 foot box tackle we could do a lot worse and we well missed our window in free agency on a right tackle...so insure youir rookie pick

zach martin or billy turner would be my preferred draft targets...maybe a michael schofield on day 3

This. He'd just be a stop gap at best. We still need to be looking towards the future.

I would rather resign Clabo. He was much better than McKinnie second half last year and that was with McKinnie playing his best position at LT. I think they would do better drafting a swing OT to be a backup and learn from Albert.

This. He'd just be a stop gap at best. We still need to be looking towards the future.

100% agree I'd expect him to be opening day starter and have a rookie breathing down his neck. Only way he finishes the year as a starter is 2 things bad draft or injury.

Back
Top Bottom