BTW....Rosenhaus said | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BTW....Rosenhaus said

Doing my duty Gonk.:troops:

1. Brian Griese WILL be a definite cut. (saves 6.47 mil) costs us 500,000 dead cap
2. Fiedler WILL be a definite restructure. (making 6.837 mil) costs us 3.5 mil dead cap if he was cut
3. Ruddy WILL be cut or take a paycut. (saves 2.2 Mil) costs us 800,000 dead cap
4. Mcknight WILL be cut or take a paycut. (saves 1.44 mil) cost us 720,000 dead cap
4a. D Thompson will probably stay (would only save 800,000 and create 450,000 dead cap) {McKnight or Thompson prob cut}
5. T-Bo MIGHT be cut, restructure, or trade. (saves 2.85 mil) cost us 1.8 mil dead cap
6. T. Perry MIGHT be cut. (saves 900,000) costs us 600,000 dead cap
6a. Dixon will probably stay or retire (savings only 470,000 dead cap would be 460,000)
7. J. Williams MIGHT be cut (saves 850,000) costs us 700,000 dead cap
8. Madison NEEDS TO TAKE a paycut (highest paid Fin player 8.038) We CANNOT cut or trade him next year as savings would be very minimal (only 1 mil) would cost almost 7 mil dead cap
9. Surtain NEEDS an extension to save cap space next year (7.631 mil) his current contract runs out after 2005
10. We ARE stuck with Fletcher (if cut, savings would only be 350,000) would cost us 1.1 mil dead cap if cut
11. Marion WILL stay (savings would only be 500,000) cut would cost us 1.65 mil dead cap
11a. Freeman is UFA, no way to tell where he goes, we no longer have any rights to him
12. Mare NEEDS a restructure/paycut (cap# is way high for a K, 2.509 mil) can't cut would cost us 1.97 mil dead cap
13. McMichael WILL NOT be restructure next year, still two years on contract, maybe add incentives to avoid holdout
14. Chambers WILL be given new contract and extension in the offseason, #1 priority of team
15. Ogun WILL NOT get a long-term deal, he will be RFA first round tender (1.45 mil) or RFA first and third round tender (1.98 mil), will accept one-year rental or we will get a first or a first and third depending on how we tender him. We cannot afford another huge contract on defense . We have to spend some money on Offense. We still have D-Bo, J Williams, NFLE standout L Williams, and young sensation Grigsby under contract. We will be fine here.
16. Greenwood and Minor will be RFA signings at about 670,000 a piece or third round picks if taken by another team.

I hope this helps clear up our cap status next year.
Right now we are at 84.577 mil with 43 players under contract.
Subtract Griese we are at 78.107 mil with 42 players.
Next years cap will be real close to $80 mill.
We are not in that bad of shape ($6million dead cap off the books from Gardener alone).

***********SPECIAL THANX TO MERMAN FOR MAKING THIS INFO EASY TO FIND****************************

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good cap situation. Definitely good. The re-structurings of Madison, Fiedler, and extension of Surtain alone will give about 10m.

ogun

if we trade him for a #1 draft pick, im all for it. having 2 picks in the 1st round with all that talent could really help us out. unless we trade one of the 1st rounders to get picks later which i would hate but hey mcmichael was a 4th rounder, and i didnt know who he was. now people are saying that hes better than shockey.

No we should probably get a good WR with 1 first rounder and drop down into the second round since we are getting either a G or RT with the other pick, and those are great finds in the second.

Washington could be a team to bite on Ogun. They LOVE RFAs!!!! We could get a premiere OT with this pick (early first OTs Andrews, Gallery,or Dorsey whoever falls here or WR Reg Williams or Woods). We could still get a stud WR with the second #1 (WRs Evans, Clayton, Jenkins, Edwards or OT Carey) . Maybe then trade T-Bo and our third for a second and get QB Philip Rivers. Oh how sweet that would be!!!! Your DT Sopogoa or my DT Tim Williams in the fourth. Mutual pick Safety Will Allen in the fifth. Pick up a Guard and LB (Purdue has some sleepers) in the seventh. D@MN I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

This is old news thats been discussed before. But it remains:

Rosenhaus is THE REAL ENEMY in Miami. He must be terminated now. :assimilat:

Can you imagine if the Dolphins win the Superbowl with him still representing 6 of our players? He'll make the 1997 Florida Marlins dismantling look like a Union gathering.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
This is old news thats been discussed before. But it remains:

Rosenhaus is THE REAL ENEMY in Miami. He must be terminated now. :assimilat:

Can you imagine if the Dolphins win the Superbowl with him still representing 6 of our players? He'll make the 1997 Florida Marlins dismantling look like a Union gathering.

And then my Hammerhouse fight team will hunt him down and make him change his mind real quick!!!!! (j/k, no threat intended for real)

Here's a guy to keep your eyes on, Max Starks. Has struggled this season yes he has, but he is an extremely talented player that could be a steal similar to Montrae Holland.

He is the OT from Florida right???
Will probably go 3rd round maybe 4th??
Michigan has a couple solid OL as well. Toledo has an underrated OT that could be a bargain.
Do you think W. Smith would move to RT if we found a better LT??? Would the coaches consider this or are we strictly looking for a RT?
What if we could get Gallery????

Gallery looks real high, I mean top 8 high and I don't think we can take a guy of that salary and to get him would be trading boths 1sts which ain't worth it. I think we have a real LT, he just needs time. Let's find a guy like Vernon Carey or Nat Dorsey who are both going to be great RTs.

If Wash took Ogun we might get a top 10-12 pick. I would never want to trade both #1.
Ideal selections would then be
Reggie Williams- first #1 (assuming Fitzgerald goes, he would probably fall around the 10-12 range)
Nat Dorsey- second #1 (use our other first rounder)

Jesus Christ that would make our O top 10 immediately!

Originally posted by Gonk
We should cut the following players this offseason to get cash:
Brock Marion (Freeman can replace him)
Tim Bowens (Zgonina can replace him)
Derrius Thompson (draft a stud WR)
Brian Griese (draft a future QB)
Mark Dixon (draft an OT)
James McKnight (he takes up a lot of money, should've been cut already)

Freeman is a free agent and it doesn't sound like he wants to come back.

I agree with everything else accept for cutting Tim Bowens.

Back
Top Bottom