BTW....Rosenhaus said | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BTW....Rosenhaus said

You think he is worth 4m a year? Slows down always in the fourth quarter. Does not get pressure on the QB. Run stuffs well but trust me there are rookies that can contribue as well as Zgonina.

Originally posted by Gonk
We should cut the following players this offseason to get cash:
Brock Marion (Freeman can replace him)
Tim Bowens (Zgonina can replace him)
Derrius Thompson (draft a stud WR)
Brian Griese (draft a future QB)
Mark Dixon (draft an OT)
James McKnight (he takes up a lot of money, should've been cut already)

With all the money from that, we can definetly resign O-Gun. I think Rosenhaus is talking out of his *** trying to scare the FO. They will be negotiatable.

i dont think marion is going anywhere cus he is still cheap and freeman blows. let freeman go please! Bowens should probably stay unless his contract is out there but i dont think it is. Derrius thompson (bye bye). Griese gone. Dixon (thanks for the service mark! good man) Mcnight, i say keep him as long as he signs for less and accepts his 3rd WR role, may get cut anyways if the young studs show up and new draft picks.

restructure Madison
sell Ogun for that #1 and #3 and even offer to take the #3 off the table if no takers right away. (grigsby could be another find).
Restructure Fiedler and keep the man!
Draft a QB
Draft a WR
Draft a S
Draft RT and C/G and LT (if you can find one late)

Keep Ruddy we need him. He is better than Mckinney and he will be our RG.
Perry time has run out
May have to say goodbye to Todd Wade

I like the idea of selling Ogun for those picks, we could get a nice QB and RT/WR out of those picks. for once we would have some draft power.

No McKinney is better than Ruddy and Ruddy could save us 2.2m. Ruddy gets pushed back on every run play and is about the same as McKinney pass protection wise.

Originally posted by Jaj
You think he is worth 4m a year? Slows down always in the fourth quarter. Does not get pressure on the QB. Run stuffs well but trust me there are rookies that can contribue as well as Zgonina.

He might have some trade value (maybe fourth or fifth rounder or trade up a pick). DTs are a valuable commodity in this league. We still have three years left on his contract and he isn't getting any younger. He might be worth it to another team, but we will probably need the cap space (2.85 mil) for some Offense. I agree Zgonina + draft your boy Sopogoa or Tim Williams in the third or fourth round. They could handle the job. Romero seems to be decent and we have Davern Williams under contract for next season as well (not much known about this guy, he has been injured). Either way we will need to draft a DT this year. Maybe T-Bo would restructure again, I do love the mean streak he has in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I hear talks that O-gun isn't worth the money, it makes me think that you guys are overating Jason Taylor. It will likely take you guys to see him in another team and score more sacks than Jason Taylor to make you believe what a good player he is.

WE CANT AFFORD HIM. Plus the picks help us sway that way as well.

At the time that big ol wall was traded from Chicago to New England, he was not worth as much as Bowens is now. I think we can get a switch of picks mid 2nd rounder for our late third.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finfan54

i dont think marion is going anywhere cus he is still cheap and freeman blows. let freeman go please! Bowens should probably stay unless his contract is out there but i dont think it is. Derrius thompson (bye bye). Griese gone. Dixon (thanks for the service mark! good man) Mcnight, i say keep him as long as he signs for less and accepts his 3rd WR role, may get cut anyways if the young studs show up and new draft picks.

restructure Madison
sell Ogun for that #1 and #3 and even offer to take the #3 off the table if no takers right away. (grigsby could be another find).
Restructure Fiedler and keep the man!
Draft a QB
Draft a WR
Draft a S
Draft RT and C/G and LT (if you can find one late)

Keep Ruddy we need him. He is better than Mckinney and he will be our RG.
Perry time has run out
May have to say goodbye to Todd Wade

I like the idea of selling Ogun for those picks, we could get a nice QB and RT/WR out of those picks. for once we would have some draft power.

Griese is loooong gone!!!
Marion stays. We lose too much dead cap cutting him loose. Freeman is UFA. He probably wants out of Miami anyhow. Another team will offer him more than we do, and he is not happy here.

I think McKnight (1.44 mil savings) or Derrius (850k savings) stays. McKnight will be the one gone (without a paycut, he refused last year to restructure or take a paycut). He will save us alot more cap space than Derrius and he is older. Derrius might still have some potential. He is still starting for a reason and is a great blocking WR.

If Dixon doesn't retire and is healthy, he stays. We only save 470k by cutting him. Todd Wade will have to either sign fairly cheap, or be gone. Let someone else overpay him. He's having a pretty bad year. He's more than likely gone. We will draft a RT or get one in free agency. I think Ruddy is a goner unless he takes a paycut again. We save 2.2 mil by releasing him and McKinney is ready.

Hopefully Madison, Fiedler, and Mare restructure!!!!

Originally posted by juniorseau55
When I hear talks that O-gun isn't worth the money, it makes me think that you guys are overating Jason Taylor. It will likely take you guys to see him in another team and score more sacks than Jason Taylor to make you believe what a good player he is.

It's not a question of Ogun being worth the money. He probably is. We just can't afford to pay another superstar salary on Defense. I like him as much as the next guy, but facts are facts: we need to spend some money on offense, free agents, and rookies. If we can get the first round tender or first and third, we will have to do it. We could draft a solid WR, OL, or QB here. Our defense funds are dried up. We have capable plug-ins for Ogun (D-Bo, J Williams, L Williams, and the promising Grigsby).

Originally posted by Jaj
WE CANT AFFORD HIM. Plus the picks help us sway that way as well.

At the time that big ol wall was traded from Chicago to New England, he was not worth as much as Bowens is now. I think we can get a switch of picks mid 2nd rounder for our late third.

I totally agree!!!!!

Originally posted by unclemonty
1. Brian Griese WILL be a definite cut. (saves 6.47 mil) costs us 500,000 dead cap
2. Fiedler WILL be a definite restructure. (making 6.837 mil) costs us 3.5 mil dead cap if he was cut
3. Ruddy WILL be cut or take a paycut. (saves 2.2 Mil) costs us 800,000 dead cap
4. Mcknight WILL be cut or take a paycut. (saves 1.44 mil) cost us 720,000 dead cap
4a. D Thompson will probably stay (would only save 800,000 and create 450,000 dead cap) {McKnight or Thompson prob cut}
5. T-Bo MIGHT be cut, restructure, or trade. (saves 2.85 mil) cost us 1.8 mil dead cap
6. T. Perry MIGHT be cut. (saves 900,000) costs us 600,000 dead cap
6a. Dixon will probably stay or retire (savings only 470,000 dead cap would be 460,000)
7. J. Williams MIGHT be cut (saves 850,000) costs us 700,000 dead cap
8. Madison NEEDS TO TAKE a paycut (highest paid Fin player 8.038) We CANNOT cut or trade him next year as savings would be very minimal (only 1 mil) would cost almost 7 mil dead cap
9. Surtain NEEDS an extension to save cap space next year (7.631 mil) his current contract runs out after 2005
10. We ARE stuck with Fletcher (if cut, savings would only be 350,000) would cost us 1.1 mil dead cap if cut
11. Marion WILL stay (savings would only be 500,000) cut would cost us 1.65 mil dead cap
11a. Freeman is UFA, no way to tell where he goes, we no longer have any rights to him
12. Mare NEEDS a restructure/paycut (cap# is way high for a K, 2.509 mil) can't cut would cost us 1.97 mil dead cap
13. McMichael WILL NOT be restructure next year, still two years on contract, maybe add incentives to avoid holdout
14. Chambers WILL be given new contract and extension in the offseason, #1 priority of team
15. Ogun WILL NOT get a long-term deal, he will be RFA first round tender (1.45 mil) or RFA first and third round tender (1.98 mil), will accept one-year rental or we will get a first or a first and third depending on how we tender him. We cannot afford another huge contract on defense . We have to spend some money on Offense. We still have D-Bo, J Williams, NFLE standout L Williams, and young sensation Grigsby under contract. We will be fine here.
16. Greenwood and Minor will be RFA signings at about 670,000 a piece or third round picks if taken by another team.

I hope this helps clear up our cap status next year.
Right now we are at 84.577 mil with 43 players under contract.
Subtract Griese we are at 78.107 mil with 42 players.
Next years cap will be real close to $80 mill.
We are not in that bad of shape ($6million dead cap off the books from Gardener alone).

***********SPECIAL THANX TO MERMAN FOR MAKING THIS INFO EASY TO FIND****************************

Great post dude. I agree with you about OGUN. With all trouble weve had on the OL and the defections/cuts we will suffer next season, we should hope that a team with a high draft pick looks at Ogun. Lets hope its a team with a top 20 pick.

Originally posted by Surferosa

Great post dude. I agree with you about OGUN. With all trouble weve had on the OL and the defections/cuts we will suffer next season, we should hope that a team with a high draft pick looks at Ogun. Lets hope its a team with a top 20 pick.

Thanx alot, much appreciated.
I think Washington will look hard at Ogun. They need D-line help pretty bad and are not afraid of RFA. they will probably have a top 10-12 pick. Assuming Fitzgerald decides to come out, we could get a shot at REGGIE WILLIAMS. If he's gone, maybe Rashaun Woods. Then with our second #1, we could go for
OT Vernon Carey. If he's gone, OT Nat Dorsey. I have a personal infatuation with QB Philip Rivers and would LOVE to see him in a Dolphin uniform. Either way, two first round picks helps this team a ton!!!!

Back
Top Bottom